Do you like Mondays???

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
When I used to have a day job, I sure didn't :). What I did like a lot was buying this LP while being in UK and listening to it time and time again. Sadly I threw it out with when we moved years ago. I now only have the Tori Amos version of it.

The words to the song and history of it are very controversial. You can read the wiki about it. I just treat it as music and no more.

The youtube videos have really bad compression artifacts. I searched and found this one with least amount but is still pretty bad. Get the original if you can.

Anyone else a fan of the the group and the song?

I always did and still do. It's the Wednesday, midweek slump that gets me. :)

I always love the beginning,

Amir-I too have owned the original recording since it came out. I haven't heard it in many years and haven't found myself drawn to it to want to play it again for some reason.

Didn't the lead singer from the Boom Town Rats drive the lead singer from INXYS to commit suicide after he took his wife away from him and then was trying to keep him from his kids as well? I thought he played a part in that mess.

I have no idea :). But googling, shows the opposite to be true: http://www.solarnavigator.net/music/bob_geldof.htm

"As Geldof became world famous, his personal life was affected by bitter tragedy. He had met long-term partner Paula Yates when, as a rock journalist, she became an obsessed fan of the Rats in their early days. They got together as a couple when she hopped on an aeroplane to Paris to surprise him when the band was playing gigs there.

The couple married in 1986 after a long and happy courtship. They had two more daughters, Peaches Honeyblossom and Pixie to follow their eldest, Fifi Trixibelle, who was born prior to their wedding. Simon Le Bon (of Duran Duran) was Geldof's best man.

Yates, former presenter of cutting-edge music show The Tube, left Geldof for Michael Hutchence, singer with INXS, whom she met when interviewing him on The Big Breakfast, the show produced by Geldof's production company after it won the contract to provide a morning news and entertainment show for Channel 4.

Yates had a daughter (named Heavenly Hiraani Tigerlily) with Hutchence. When Hutchence committed suicide in 1997, Geldof went to court and obtained full custody of his three daughters plus Yates' and Hutchence's daughter Tigerlily. Geldof's experiences during his divorce have led him to become an outspoken advocate of fathers' rights. After Yates' death from an overdose, Geldof became the legal guardian of Tigerlily, believing that she should be raised with her 3 half-sisters.

Geldof is profitably involved in business activities and was rumoured for a time to be considering seeking election to the office of President of Ireland in 2004."

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing