* Did you watch a film last night (on Blu or DVD), and what was it? *

I also like his films. This one had a fine cast who did a very good job especially Gyllenhaal as Graysmith I also got a good laugh at the Dirty Harry reference since that movies killer was loosely based on the Zodiac murders.

I started watching this music concert Blu-ray disc last night (Four-Disc set: 2 BDs, 2 CDs), and was very happy to see so many of my favorite musicians/singers/artists at the same concert.
- The picture quality is ok (1.78:1 aspect ratio and 1080i), considering how hard it is to get those type of visuals, with all those colored lights, in a realistic/natural environment and looking all sharp when everything is live and happening in the moment.
- The audio is serviceable but a big letdown from Time Life who picked a Lossy DD 5.1 surround audio track over a Lossless DTS-HD MA 5.1 audio encoding. ...There is also a simple DD 2.0 (heavily compressed) audio track.
At least the CDs are PCM 16/44.1 but still, the main Blu-ray disc should have been better prepared for the audiophiles. ...It's only a 25GB disc. ...And at three hours running time space is precious, and audio took the sea side. ...Unacceptable!
{The second BD is for the interviews.}
There's the proof that Time Life is for the masses who don't care about audio quality.

Still, the DD 5.1 audio track like I said is serviceable, and the artists are some of the greatest best.

--

Last edited:
Last night I finished watching the rest of it ::

63938_large.jpg

------- ... Plus few interviews.

Last edited:
The 3D version :::

-- 58221_large.jpg

* I still prefer the first two ones ('Iron Man' and 'Iron Man 2'). ...Sadly he lost his beautiful house (mountain-island-ocean home) from that beautiful location (Malibu) in this one! :( ...I mean a total lost, down the ocean's floor. I hope he'll rebuild, for Iron Man 4. ...In 4K? ;)

Last edited:
Revisited, the 2D version, again ::

-- 69775_large.jpg

* Man, those Zs are real nasty! ...I prefer the 2D version over the 3D one, for this flick, definitely.
- The soundtrack is pretty good; to my taste.

-- View attachment 11946

* Man, those Zs are real nasty! ...I prefer the 2D version over the 3D one, for this flick, definitely.
- The soundtrack is pretty good; to my taste.

I saw this Sunday evening. I can't say I noticed the soundtrack much, but I will say this is a flick that requires you to 'check your brain at the door' in order to enjoy it. Way to far fetched (and I'm not referring to zombies).

I'm a zombie fan, so I still enjoyed it.

I saw this Sunday evening. I can't say I noticed the soundtrack much, but I will say this is a flick that requires you to 'check your brain at the door' in order to enjoy it. Way too far fetched (and I'm not referring to zombies).

I'm a zombie fan, so I still enjoyed it.

Well, that goes without saying.

* Big Zombie fan here too. ...Right now I left my brain at the back door of my mansion and I'm watching the U.S. government's zombies!
And guess which ones are the zombies? :D

** The soundtrack has some cool music (electronica) sequences, with an hypnotic tempo (beat), and the sound effects (zombies sounds, helicopters, and all that zombie jazz) are well recorded and to an enveloping/effective point.
Just check the opening sequence to plunge you back into. ...It's the main musical score theme.

*** The picture (moving images, and photography, ...cinematic vistas with CGI) is choppy too much for my taste, but it goes with this movie genre I guess (the very fast and real nasty zombies). I don't like shaky camera work; it disguises the fictitious and the horror (in this case here) into a prolonged headache!

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing