Dexter Season 7 Trailer

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
This remains one of my 3-4 favorite shows on cable TV

The season finale last year was mind boggling where Dexter's half sister who is a Miami PD lieutenant witnessed him killing last season's serial killer on the alter in ritual fashion. Remember too that his sister Deb is developing romantic feeliings forr Dexter

Steve Williams

‘Dexter’ Reveal Takes Show in Fresh, Frightening Direction

“Dexter” hit a crescendo in the final moments of last season with a major, major reveal that was a long time coming and “dramatically changes the nature of this show,” say producers.

Jennifer Carpenter was just as excited about the plot development as fans of the show were.

“I have been looking forward to it,” Carpenter told TV reporters at the Television Critics Association Press Tour Monday. “I’ve been very curious about how they would write it, and also terrified about it.”

The season premiere picks up moments after Lt. Debra Morgan has witnessed her serial killer brother Dexter in the act of murder.

“It was strangest, scariest seduction scene in a weird way,” Carpenter says of the intense opening scene of the highly anticipated Season 7 premiere. “I felt as weak and as powerful as I’ve ever been.”

Season 7 will explore how Deb’s dark discovery affects her job as a cop and her relationship with her brother – for whom, in case you forgot, she has developed romantic feelings. Needless to say, finding out your foster brother is a serial killer puts a damper on romance. (As does, the brother part, adopted or not.)

“I think it is without a doubt the most fundamentally game-changing development we’ve had in telling this story,” Michael C. Hall said.

“One thing we’ve always counted on was that Dexter’s secret was his own — and it’s not anymore.”

Producers say “the time was right” to have someone learn the truth about Dexter, and all of this is building toward the ultimate endgame.

“I think her [Deb] finding out does sort of make an endgame feel a little more palpable and imminent,” Hall said. “I think the plan is to do this season and a final eighth season.” When pressed by reporters if that really would be the series finale, Hall said, “Never say never.” (Earlier in the day Showtime president David Nevins confirmed the plan is for “Dexter” to end after eight seasons.)

So, how will Dexter react to having his secret exposed? Is Deb now in danger of becoming Dexter’s latest victim?! “Dexter is a serial killer,” executive producer Scott Buck reminds us. “The thought has to have crossed his mind at some point that that would be an easy solution to his whole problem.” Uh oh.

Despite getting the payoff of that jaw-dropping moment in the finale, last season did receive a fair amount of criticism on the creative front, with many viewers frustrated that they figured out the big twist long before Dexter did.

“Whatever your opinion about ranking the seasons, I will say that, for my money, Dexter is never more compelling than when he is in trouble,” Hall said. “And he’s never been in deeper trouble than he is now.”

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Sadly I too have been drawn into the Dexter sagas. I watch them on DVD and take them in a mega dose. The character sees himself as some sort of pop vigilante hero. I wonder if George Zimmerman ever watched. Concealed carry+vigilante+stamd your ground laws = disaster.

Steve Williams

The 7th and final season of this series started last night and all I can say is the"cat is out of the bag" with half sister Deb (lieutenant now of Miami PD) figuring out who Dexter is and in fact Dexter admits to her who he is. This compounded by the fact that Debs captain has found a blood sample taken at the scene of the altar murder which concluded season 6. Also Dexter is being stalked by a computer geek at Miami PD who is dating Dexter's baby sitter. He manages to break into Dexter's computer and now the $hit has hit the fan as it seems now that the series will spiral to an end this season. Great drama and definitely recommended

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
The 7th and final season of this series started last night and all I can say is the"cat is out of the bag" with half sister Deb (lieutenant now of Miami PD) figuring out who Dexter is and in fact Dexter admits to her who he is. This compounded by the fact that Debs captain has found a blood sample taken at the scene of the altar murder which concluded season 6. Also Dexter is being stalked by a computer geek at Miami PD who is dating Dexter's baby sitter. He manages to break into Dexter's computer and now the $hit has hit the fan as it seems now that the series will spiral to an end this season. Great drama and definitely recommended

Missed it but recorded the episode on my DVR! Sounds hot!

Steve Williams

It is and starts the final season with a huge bang. It'll be interesting to see if Dexter wins Deb over to his Dark Side as he did to another woman 2 seasons ago. Will he fade into the sunset as a retired serial killer or will be be outsmarted and be captured by his associates at Miami PD or will he be killed or .......

It will be a terrific final season

LenWhite

Feb 11, 2011
Florida
systems.audiogon.com
It is and starts the final season with a huge bang. It'll be interesting to see if Dexter wins Deb over to his Dark Side as he did to another woman 2 seasons ago. Will he fade into the sunset as a retired serial killer or will be be outsmarted and be captured by his associates at Miami PD or will he be killed or .......

It will be a terrific final season

I'll certainly be watching this very well written and acted series as I have from the beginning. I heard somewhere Jennifer Carpenter said in an interview Dexter had better watch out this season:).

Steve Williams

Season 7 is getting fast into it with his sister Deb knowing he is the serial killer as well as another computer geek who is nosing in on Dexter because Dexter didn't like a computer game this guy designed and then there is Captain LaGuerta who has found the blood sample under the body of last year's villain (who BTW is Tom Hanks son). All in all Dexter is either going down or somehow he becomes rehabilitated by his sister Deb

Great series

Steve Williams

Not sure who is following this great series now in its 7th and final season. We all know that Dexter is a serial killer working for Miami-Dade PD and has managed to keep his escapades hidden for the entire 6 previous seasons but this 7th season now has Dexter's identity being known not only by his sister the Lieutenant of Miami PD but possibly also Captain Laguerta onto him as well as Lewis who met his due by this year's main villain and he is a good one, a cold hearted brutal murderer who suspects Dexter of having killed an accomplice of his.

This past week's episode was probably IMO the BEST of the entire past 7 seasons. I was riveted to my seat. This series is working to a major series ending finale.

Great drama

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
It's been like a car wreck on the freeway for me. Must admit it is well written and acted.

Steve Williams

Well Season 7 ended with our mouths hanging on the floor as it was just so shocking. Much to my amazement everyone felt that this was to have been the Serieas Finale and what a way for it to have ended however, get ready as there is going to be a Season 8 with the show continuing until Showtime says it is time to end it

Dexter and Debra (his sister) are now deeply in it together. Then there is Hanna who escaped from prison and left an orchid outside Dexter's front door to his apt. I suspect we haven't seen the last of her

SPOILER ALERT........ this link tells what happened at the shocking conclusion of Season 7

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/17/dexter-season-8_n_2316546.html

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I'm hooked. What was disturbing was the producers description of of Dexter "not just a super hero." He is at least a homicidal sociopath. At worst he is a paranoid schizophrenic.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
+1 Even mu superior criminal mind did not see a way out. A ton of loose ends remain.

Steve Williams

well all loose ends go away this season......

CBS Boss Says ‘Dexter’ Season 8 Will Be the Last

by Tracy Phillips |

This may be the final nail in the coffin for “Dexter.”

It’s been speculated over the last year that the Showtime serial killer drama was setting up its “end game” and preparing to wrap up the story of Dexter Morgan for good with Season 8.

“Dexter” fans holding their breath for a change of heart will be disappointed to hear that scenario is likely the case.

On a call with investors Monday, CBS president Les Moonves (CBS owns Showtime) seems to have delivered confirmation on the fate of the show, when he referred to this upcoming season of “Dexter,” which premieres in June, as its “last,” according to Broadcasting & Cable.

While that has been presumed for some time, Showtime president David Nevins has yet to officially announce that Season 8 is “Dexter’s” final season, leading viewers and industry observers to speculate that perhaps they were considering an extension.

But with Moonves being the top brass at CBS Corp., one has to assume he knows what he’s talking about. Sorry, “Dexter” fans. Now viewers can obsess over how “Dexter” will go out — Will he finally get caught? Will he get away with it and disappear into the sunset? Will he die? Let the speculation begin!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing