Denali vs PS Powerplants

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
I hate to be "that guy" but IME? This is system dependent.

Tom
I would say its more persona taste. Especially if your talking front end equipment. Most well known filters can adequately feed servers, DAC, preamps etc. Its amplifiers and subwoofers where the isolation transformers really steps ahead. Sized properly they can handle any ampacity. What do you think is on the pole outside your house feeling you and probably 5 neighbors. Its a basic step down transformer. Nothing special. What feeds that transformer. Another step down transformer of larger size at a distribution site. What feeds that. Maybe more distribution transformers. Eventually it derives from a turbin. Usually. Nuclear, coal, natural gas, wind, wave, tidal. Those are all turbins. Solar and hydrogen fuel cells are the oddball.

Battery and inverters are more limited in power output. If you overload an inverter, they put out massive distortion. If you underload them, they put out more distortion than what they are specified at, at a rated load. Inverters like to have the right amount of draw and have it taken at a steady state. They have a window of peak performance.

A transformer does not care as much. They are perfectly happy to pass peak power or a steady load. But they all have losses. Probably 1.5% to 3%. So if your concerned about wasting power or utility cost, then other options are more power friendly.

Reactions: QuadDiffuser

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
I also use the PS 20 in my system , before the PS 10, am very satisfied with it ,
... and can confirm not to hear the smallest noise via senstive MC signal!
, even with high volume setting in stand by,
Shunyata conditioners often eliminate noise that isn’t noticeable until one hears what is stripped away. Maybe that’s where @Zeotrope is coming from.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing