Deleted

PYP

Jan 13, 2022
Southwest, USA
a thread that is the opposite of expectation bias.

Reactions: cjfrbw

Chop

Aug 9, 2020
England
Ah yes. A thread about a post that disappeared. Pointless. Who on earth would waste their life contributing to that??

Oh...

PYP

Jan 13, 2022
Southwest, USA
Ah yes. A thread about a post that disappeared. Pointless. Who on earth would waste their life contributing to that??

Oh...
at first I was wondering what would happen if this anti-thread combined with a regular thread, then it became clear it IS a regular thread. Hopefully, @PeterA will share the results of his study in human nature.

Reactions: Chop

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
at first I was wondering what would happen if this anti-thread combined with a regular thread, then it became clear it IS a regular thread. Hopefully, @PeterA will share the results of his study in human nature.

this thread was started last year I don’t even remember what the original subject was. I changed my mind but couldn’t delete the thread after the initial post. Or it simply offended somebody. I could change the title and delete the content in the original post and now it has taken on a life of its own. Like so many things.

Chop

Aug 9, 2020
England
Dont delete it Peter, embrace! We may find some of the more musically profound insights here

Reactions: PYP

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
This is the Seinfeld of threads...a thread about nothing. Just marginally less funny.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

PYP

Jan 13, 2022
Southwest, USA
this thread was started last year I don’t even remember what the original subject was. I changed my mind but couldn’t delete the thread after the initial post. Or it simply offended somebody. I could change the title and delete the content in the original post and now it has taken on a life of its own. Like so many things.
@PeterA Understood. I was just joking. It is actually a pleasant diversion from the tussles on so many threads. Perhaps it just shows how curious folks are. One sees a title of Deleted and then looks further. We all have an opinion, even about nothing. :)

Reactions: hopkins

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
@PeterA Understood. I was just joking. It is actually a pleasant diversion from the tussles on so many threads. Perhaps it just shows how curious folks are. One sees a title of Deleted and then looks further. We all have an opinion, even about nothing. :)

Ok, then please define "nothing". Obviously, you have an opinion about it, as you say ;).

• Haha
Reactions: PYP and Lagonda

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Here is an interesting article about "Nothing":

Reactions: PYP

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ok, then please define "nothing". Obviously, you have an opinion about it, as you say ;).
Is this something to do with "black backgrounds" and "noise floors"?

• Haha
Reactions: Al M. and Chop

PYP

Jan 13, 2022
Southwest, USA

wow. Cool. Thanks. that is so much more nothing than I was considering and having an opinion about.

• Haha
Reactions: Al M. and Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

There is mention of religion there Al, that might just get the whole thread closed down ! :eek:

matsurus

Aug 24, 2023
Someone talked about Zu's?

I used to have Zu speakers. I still do.
In my dreams, because i sold them.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

Do you suffer from night-terrors ? :eek: Did you own the" Filthy Weekend" model ?

matsurus

Aug 24, 2023
Taneda Santōka is one of my favourite poets.
Son of wealthy sake factory owner, drinked and wasted away all the wealth, everything. Tried to kill himself, was taken in by monk and set to wander aimlessly around Japan writing haiku poems, bloody marvelous stuff. Here is one:

Men, women,
And their shadows
Dancing.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

But you are only 37. At this age I wouldn’t get a serious speaker, spend more time outside having fun

• Haha
Reactions: Lagonda

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing