Deadwood

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
I watched the first season of Better Call Saul and essentially it was developing some of the past stories so I am hoping Season 2 will be better

Being stories prior to the 'Breaking Bad' period was the whole point to begin with, so hopefully you're not equating that to it being bad.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Being stories prior to the 'Breaking Bad' period was the whole point to begin with, so hopefully you're not equating that to it being bad.

Not at all. I like the show very much

In fact in Better Call Saul there are two past eras of Saul being discussed. I love how he got the name Saul Goodman

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Loved Deadwood. It might not make it into my top 5 HBO series (I'd have to think about that), but it would definitely make in to my top 10 all-time series, along with probably 7 other HBO products. I'd have to think about that, too. "Favorite" is a really tough call for HBO, because so much has been so good. But I might have to go with Six Feet Under. So good.

Tim

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
HBO Confirms Early Talks of ‘Deadwood’ Movie

Is “Deadwood” about to return from the dead?

A spokesman for HBO confirmed to Variety that “very preliminary discussions” have been made to resurrect the Western series with a movie, though it’s unclear how serious the premium channel is about the pic.

Actor Garret Dillahunt, who played Francis Wilcott on the series that ran from 2004-06, ignited the chatter Wednesday when he tweeted: “So uh….I’m hearing credible rumors about a #Deadwood movie.”

“Come on HBO,” he wrote. “You made the ‘Entourage’ movie. Give the #Deadwood fans some closure.”

Despite the overture, fans of the Emmy-winning drama know not to hop in the saddle just yet.

HBO previously announced two “Deadwood” movies when it officially cancelled the show in 2008, but nothing ever came of them. Creator David Milch was also said to be offered a shorter fourth season of the series but quickly rejected the idea.

- Stuart Oldham - 12 August 2015 9:52 PM, PDT | Variety - TV News |

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
just got to Al's kidney stone problem- i'm sorry, but i had to take my eyes away from the screen for 5 minutes. HBO went a bit too far on that one.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
just got to Al's kidney stone problem- i'm sorry, but i had to take my eyes away from the screen for 5 minutes. HBO went a bit too far on that one.

wait. It does get better ;)

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I read he is also going to in the next season of Game Of Thrones.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
the one show around the same time as Deadwood that I tried but ended up quitting a few seasons in was 6 Feet Under. Just got too dark for me.

Really? I loved it! I think I missed only the last season or two, but the first couple I watched intently :)

Oh well, maybe I like dark...

alexandre

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Unlike some of the others, Deadwood has some humor which keeps me better entwined. EB and Calamity Jane are pretty much comedy gold at this point. But on a serious note, the Wolcott story line is fantastic...

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Finished it up this weekend- I thought Season 3 was a let down with several story lines that we didn't care about, but clearly was setting up a more exciting fourth season. The first two seasons were great fun though. Swear'gen!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing