David Bowie /// Rest In Peace /// We all Love you ... for Eternity

I had no idea he passing would affect me this much, don't know where its coming from.

Not only did he bless us with his craft, he brought so many into the lime light. Without him we would not know SRV like we do. Iggy pop would not be where he is today.

Iggy Pop The Idiot is one of my all time favorite albums, every song a treat. David produced it and performs on it. It is the beginnings of one of his (Bowie) greatest hits China Girl.

He took a blues guitarist's solo and put in the dance/discoish song "Lets Dance"

He is one of those rare individuals that really "got" life and never did anything half assed. He did everything first class.

Bowie albums were, for the most part, all different, he did not keep recycling the same material over and over.

He spoke his mind, and for the most part stayed out of trouble over the years.

A truly gifted person that choose to share his life and craft with us but at the same time remain private.

He will be missed, but his spirit lives on and fortunately we have strong documentation of material to make us smile for years to come.

Planet earth is blue and there is nothing you can do!

David Bowie was like a chameleon; a high class act. He had that magic 'pow wow' in his virtuoso musical journey ... and we all went along ... I sure did.
His life is quite interesting; he explored the venues of his time as they were happening...adapting to the new trends from his own approach.

To me the supreme essence of David Bowie was in high production values. ...Appealing to the high life of the time in the moment.
Some of his albums (electronica, disco, avant-garde, new wave, pop) were addicting and impacting...sound/punch wise...with a superior mystic/aura.
His unique voice and style were his trademark. ...May he live forever in our souvenirs and in our replaying/reliving those times from lost youth.

? David was 69 and had cancer. This guy too: http://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainm...-and-theatre-dies-at-69/ar-BBobR1d?li=AAggNb9

R.I.P. Alan ... I enjoyed him in a bunch of flicks; he was a classic stage actor.

"The man behind “The Man Who Sold the World” was the first recording artist to go to Wall Street to tap the future earnings of his music, paving the way for a thriving market for esoteric securities backed by everything from racehorse stud rights to commercial washing machines.

David Bowie, who died from cancer at age 69 on Sunday, sold $55 million of bonds in 1997 that were tied to future royalties from hits including “Ziggy Stardust,” “Space Oddity” and “Changes.” Following his example were singers James Brown and Rod Stewart and the heavy-metal band Iron Maiden. Securities backed by royalties allow artists to raise money without selling the rights to their work or waiting years for payments to trickle in."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...hanges-in-markets-leading-to-esoteric-finance

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing