DaVa FC-A1 a field coil contender

have to pinch my arm again;
have been playing Illinois Jaquet LPs all day and the DaVa fc does a fabulous job....pure joy, harmonics and dynamics all day
I cannot fathom why not more people check this out and get their compass straight vs V d Huls, Lyras , Etsuros etc and 4 -6 times the price...the most obvious NO-BRAINER in 2020....possibly 21 too

have to pinch my arm again;
have been playing Illinois Jaquet LPs all day and the DaVa fc does a fabulous job....pure joy, harmonics and dynamics all day
I cannot fathom why not more people check this out and get their compass straight vs V d Huls, Lyras , Etsuros etc and 4 -6 times the price...the most obvious NO-BRAINER in 2020....possibly 21 too

Do you think it would match my 4 point? Can I get the contact for Darius, this may be something I would like to get into :)

Do you think it would match my 4 point? Can I get the contact for Darius, this may be something I would like to get into :)

Hi Sami,

Can you get enough counterweight on the 4 point to balance the 30g is the first practical question. Very musically addictive cartridge.

Hi Sami,

Can you get enough counterweight on the 4 point to balance the 30g is the first practical question. Very musically addictive cartridge.
According to the manual, it can facilitate cartridges up to 30-32g, so I guess I can. Let me contact Darius and ask him about the cartridge, options etc.

did you get any wiser?...yesterday I played Two Ragas on Opu3 label and it´s incredable how the cart differentiates all the harmonics of the sitar and the tabla without messing it up or oversizing
looking fw to get my DaVa custom x50 SUT, which will be a sustantial improvement over the other SUTs I´ve tried..This I know from the "proto" I had on loan for some days

Reactions: Hifi man and kodomo
Leif you got me so excited, I contacted Darius and now seriously consider getting a Dava. I only got one arm on my Stabi M and three cartridges!

You are slowly driving me to get another TT with multiple arms, it maybe good for the demo system I will be setting up for my new speaker design.

Reactions: Hifi man
:D
what about another additional table that has other qualities?
the Vikingzilla inspired by Stefano is a very nice shot at idler solution
while waiting the que gets longer....ha-ha
good luck

have been playing through my new custom x 50 SUT from Darius today and it definetely nukes the other SUTs I´ve tried
relaxed, harmonically complex extremely dynamic and clean...pure bliss....
I´ve ordered another single core mono SUT too for my Mono cart

Man on a mission!

These cartridges look really interesting. I really appreciate being able to read everyone’s thoughts here. I have been intrigued by the Tzar but this looks like it might ultimately be the one.

I do wonder about pricing. It sounds like the DaVa SUT would be the way to go. After one has also purchased the PS, are we approaching the price of the Tzar again?

Also, can anyone give me some idea of the sound here compared to the SPU house sound?

remember I came from two different Lumieres.......
due to their inherent construction, they have poor channel separation and shitty tracking,even though they have great harmonics and dynamics, Tzar is much the same in a more reliable package
the DaVa Fc was EUR 3K inc std ss psu...... last time I heard; 50% on order and the balance on delivery...totally fair for a small time single man business imo
not sure he has the capacity to wind SUTs and build tube psu´s but he´s got some crafty friends that might be able to help him out
I think I´ve heard mentioned EUR 1.500 to 2K for SUT and tube psu each...so you´re still ahead of the 10K Tzar

Last edited:
These cartridges look really interesting. I really appreciate being able to read everyone’s thoughts here. I have been intrigued by the Tzar but this looks like it might ultimately be the one.

I do wonder about pricing. It sounds like the DaVa SUT would be the way to go. After one has also purchased the PS, are we approaching the price of the Tzar again?

Also, can anyone give me some idea of the sound here compared to the SPU house sound?

Try this

I´ll try it in Stefano Bertoncello s The Peak as soon as I get the heavier counterweight next week and maybe in the Dynavector DV-505, but it already sounds so bloody great in the Groovemaster/Audiosilente graphite headshell, so I´m almost reluctant to move it. My all out A80 has certainly gotten a run for the money...

I´ll try it in Stefano Bertoncello s The Peak as soon as I get the heavier counterweight next week and maybe in the Dynavector DV-505, but it already sounds so bloody great in the Groovemaster/Audiosilente graphite headshell, so I´m almost reluctant to move it. My all out A80 has certainly gotten a run for the money...
What is The Peak tonearm - don’t know anything about it?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing