Daniele Cohen from Alsyvox visits Rhapsody.Audio

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Thanks Bob. Nice video. Haven't heard that music in years. What source was used in this?

Morning Peter!

Qobuz----Ubiquiti Edge router-----JCAT Gold Switch----Extreme server -----AF xHD------Pilium Electronic-----Alsyvox Botticelli X

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
I listened your clip a few times. The sound is definitely very impressive. Sweet top and great bass body. What is the price of botticelli with or without external xover?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I listened your clip a few times. The sound is definitely very impressive. Sweet top and great bass body. What is the price of botticelli with or without external xover?

Thx. The sound via YT is a whole lot better now that I used the Nikon vs. my Samsung cell.

The prices include shipping directly from Alsyvox in Spain to one's home, all import taxes and installation.

Botticelli 3 way dipole ribbon loudspeaker 1.77m high 90600$ per pair

Botticelli X 3 way dipole ribbon loudspeaker 1.77m high 120000$ per pair

Upgrade* to Additional 2 acrylic external passive crossovers 29400$ per pair

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Thanks Bob. I just heard the music and instantly looked for a spinning turntable.
:).....Besides the Extreme, which always "gets it", my latest network updates (Edge router and especially the JCAT GOLD SWITCH have taken the streaming to different level.

Reactions: CKKeung

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
hi Bob,

agree great sound from that video.

which specific Nikon are you using? and which mic are you now acquiring?

thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Hope you and the family are well over there!!!

It's a Nikon D5500. I have a Rode VideoMic Pro+ coming.

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
One more for the road:).....I'll stop, can't help myself I found a new toy with the Nikon:)

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Thank you! When you say 'offset'...if the space was a bit tight, would it be possible to have them offset, but perhaps the bass panel behind and 'slightly overlapped' from the listener's position? Or angled?

Yes that would work, the crossover is first order at 70Hz so it’s probably best to limit the offset to a 1/8 wavelength, so keep within ~ 0.6-0.8 meter behind or in front of.

Angles are no problem but keep in mind the sound pressure drops when you see the 5cm side of the subwoofer.

The most important thing is to keep the midrange, tweeter and supertweeter clean of reflections of the subwoofer panels.

Reactions: CKKeung

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Hi Bob, sounds great even via Youtube so must be awesome in your room. Many thanks for sharing. If possible, would love to hear Bill Frisell's track Shenandoah (the version from Good Dog Happy Man) and/ or Joni Mitchell's track Cherokee Louise from Night Ride Home. Enjoy these great new speakers.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Yes that would work, the crossover is first order at 70Hz so it’s probably best to limit the offset to a 1/8 wavelength, so keep within ~ 0.6-0.8 meter behind or in front of.

Angles are no problem but keep in mind the sound pressure drops when you see the 5cm side of the subwoofer.

The most important thing is to keep the midrange, tweeter and supertweeter clean of reflections of the subwoofer panels.
Got it. Just as an extreme, what would happen if the main panels were positioned 'well' relative to the main front wall, but then bass panels had to be positioned close behind the main panels (0.3m-0.45m) and where 50% or more of the bass panel was actually directly behind the main panel?

As long as the bass panel sits behind the bass section of the main panel, does that work? Thanks for any high level guidance.

Last edited:

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Hi Bob, sounds great even via Youtube so must be awesome in your room. Many thanks for sharing. If possible, would love to hear Bill Frisell's track Shenandoah (the version from Good Dog Happy Man) and/ or Joni Mitchell's track Cherokee Louise from Night Ride Home. Enjoy these great new speakers.

First thing tomorrow morning:)

Reactions: ashandger

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Yes you’d want some clearance behind them, 1.2 meter would be about the minimum and 4 meters about the maximum for best performance. You can offset them, that can actually be an advantage. They’re offset on the bottom photos on this page for example: https://alsyvox.com/gallery/
If our speakers are actually in the 'middle' of 2 rooms (open plan dining and living room) but where the rooms are separated by an archway (11' tall)...and the speakers are in each corner of the archway facing the longer of the 2 rooms...how does that affect the 1.2m distance? I could get the speakers to be 1.2m from the archway corner...but the entire middle space between the speakers would be at least 4m open behind to the wall in the next room.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Got it. Just as an extreme, what would happen if the main panels were positioned 'well' relative to the main front wall, but then bass panels had to be positioned close behind the main panels (0.3m-0.45m) and where 50% or more of the bass panel was actually directly behind the main panel?

As long as the bass panel sits behind the bass section of the main panel, does that work? Thanks for any high level guidance.

Yes you can do that, however it would be best to stop at 44% for a total system width of 1080mm. Daniele would fly over to aid in setting up the system and would not leave until you’re satisfied. I’m 100% confident he would make it work.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Bob, that latest video sounds really good. Do you have a tripod and wide angle lense for that Nikon to set up right in the listener's head position? I have the Nikon D500, a crop sensor camera. My 16-80mm lens covers the whole front wall. I imagine that a 24mm on a full frame sensor would be ideal. I have a Rhode mic on suspension for mounting on the camera top, but have not yet tried it. Nothing like being there, I'm sure, but better than a smart phone video.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
If our speakers are actually in the 'middle' of 2 rooms (open plan dining and living room) but where the rooms are separated by an archway (11' tall)...and the speakers are in each corner of the archway facing the longer of the 2 rooms...how does that affect the 1.2m distance? I could get the speakers to be 1.2m from the archway corner...but the entire middle space between the speakers would be at least 4m open behind to the wall in the next room.

That is actually pretty nice, they can be very close to the archway corners, even touch them, the 1.2 meter minimum only applies to the front wall, not the sidewall.

BTW:
A 15” woofer has a sfa of 1134cm2
A Botticelli woofer panel 4544cm2
A Carvaggio single 5376cm2
A Carvaggio full 10752cm2 (9.5 * a 15” woofer)

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

Just for you on Easter:)

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Yes you can do that, however it would be best to stop at 44% for a total system width of 1080mm. Daniele would fly over to aid in setting up the system and would not leave until you’re satisfied. I’m 100% confident he would make it work.
Thank you! Great to know...very interesting. Had the tape measure out last nite...my wife gave me that curious but knowing look!

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Bob, that latest video sounds really good. Do you have a tripod and wide angle lense for that Nikon to set up right in the listener's head position? I have the Nikon D500, a crop sensor camera. My 16-80mm lens covers the whole front wall. I imagine that a 24mm on a full frame sensor would be ideal. I have a Rhode mic on suspension for mounting on the camera top, but have not yet tried it. Nothing like being there, I'm sure, but better than a smart phone video.

Hi Peter,

I have not yet addressed the Tripod issue quite yet, I just used the Nikon yesterday for the first time. The Rode mic is coming next week. I think I actually have a tripod somewhere or will get one.

The videos from yesterday sounded good, but the "shakiness' is horrid, I understand:)....its a start.

I don't have a wide angle lens at the moment, another item probably to procure:)

Ok, Tripod, Wide-angle lens, 2 dozen eggs, some milk, some bacon too. All on my "next shopping list".

Reactions: PeterA

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing