CS Port TAT1M2 vs TAT2M2

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
After 2 weeks I'm still blown away what the CS Port TAT1M2 brings to the table, it wows me every time I listen. Now would like to know who has any direct experience listening to the TAT1M2 (or LFT1M2) vs their littel brother the TAT2M2? Curious minds would like to know.

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
It was the the TAT2 first version against the LFT1 first version. Both were fitted with the CSPort linear tracking arm. The LFT1 was far superior. The TAT2 is in the league of my previous turntable (Brinkmann Balance) or slightly better whereas the LFT1 is definitely a step up.

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
Thanks @dcc Can you explain the differences from the 1st version to current versions of each table?

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
I did not have the chance the compare the old and new versions of the TAT2 but I had the TAT1 and TAT1 M2 in my own system. Both TT were set up by Ana Mighty Sound and were fitted with the same cart. I had the TAT1 for several weeks before swapping back to the TAT1 M2.

The evolutions of the TAT1 M2 are: a new platter, a redesigned air bearing and a new motor. The differences are subtle but clearly audible. The TAT1 M2 has more bass with a subjective feeling of an enhanced pace and rhythm. I would believe that this is due to the combined impact of the new motor and the redesigned air bearing.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing