Cryogenic treatment of power outlets - recommended or not?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Myles, I haven't got the Tripoint. I believe LL21 does. Will be running a Westwick 8kVA balanced power transformer w/untreated UK sockets, and in parallel the Entreq Silver Tellus grounding system.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Myles, I haven't got the Tripoint. I believe LL21 does. Will be running a Westwick 8kVA balanced power transformer w/untreated UK sockets, and in parallel the Entreq Silver Tellus grounding system.

Sorry my bad.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
What I never understood is why don't cable manufacturers jump in the annealing procedure (heat treatment)
Copper wire is usually cold drawn as far as I know , annealing would be ideal for stabilizing the material (stress relieve ), in the( metal) industry where I work in, its used all the time

Annealing, in metallurgy and materials science, is a heat treatment that alters a material to increase its ductility and to make it more workable. It involves heating a material to above its critical temperature, maintaining a suitable temperature, and then cooling. Annealing can induce ductility, soften material, relieve internal stresses, refine the structure by making it homogeneous, and improve cold working properties.

In the cases of copper, steel, silver, and brass, this process is performed by heating the material (generally until glowing) for a while and then slowly letting it cool to room temperature in still air. Copper, silver[1] and brass can be cooled slowly in air, or quickly by quenching in water, unlike ferrous metals, such as steel, which must be cooled slowly to anneal. In this fashion, the metal is softened and prepared for further work—such as shaping, stamping, or forming.

iceageaudio

Mar 16, 2014
Midland, Michigan
www.iceageaudio.com
If you would like some honest, up to date, accurate answers to this question...Just ask me!!! I have been Cryo Treating Cables for personal and resale use for the past 3 years. I have an understanding of what it does to the metals and what can happen if things go awry. Some metals show greater results than others. Some rubber and plastic parts don't make it through the process. 100% rubber turns to dust in the process, man made rubber has no effect at all. Cheap vinyl coatings can become rigid and crack, soft plastics have a similar result. But as far as the process making a difference in the end sound result...That is a definite!!! If you'd like more information you can find it on my website, or you can ask me directly.

Rick
www.iceageaudio.com

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Its an open forum , if you have the answer for me why cablemanufacturers mainly cool instead of heat just post it , so anybody can learn

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing