Critical Mass Systems Center Stage 2M footers

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I suggest try both sizes and listen. You should know within 30 minutes to an hour which sounds better. You can always repeat the comparison the next day if you so desire. You do not have to wait for break-in or settling. Vibration and weight will settle them in. You can accelerate the process or use fairly loud music (for a miniscule improvement). Be wise but not crazy with break in methods. Like I mentioned, you will know right away if the footers are right, assuming you can hear the difference. Compare with other footers and be mindful that the platform or shelf material affects the outcome almost as much as the footers.
I tend to disagree. I’ve used all iterations of Center Stage for over 4 years. Center stage sounds good initially out of the box but they only sound great only after they settle. I also disagree that playing very loud accelerates the settle in. Not IME. The new CS2M IME do settle quicker than previous iterations but serious evaluation can only be done after they settle. BTW I have 76 CS footers under all of my components as well as 8 LS 1.5’s under my speakers

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Thank you for this precious information.
What is the product I must choose, please, for my amplifier (24 kg) our my CD player(28 kg) ?
Thanks
Regards

Steve Williams

Thank you for this precious information.
What is the product I must choose, please, for my amplifier (24 kg) our my CD player(28 kg) ?
Thanks
Regards
I would recommend Ultra TT

Reactions: hongkongfoufou

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Thanks but if you will to choose the best quality/ price?
And do you have more differences between stage 2 and stage 2M ?
Thanks

Steve Williams

Thanks but if you will to choose the best quality/ price?
And do you have more differences between stage 2 and stage 2M ?
Thanks
The 2 and 2M are older models which are no longer made. The Ultra TT and Ultra TD are current models If I were to pick ( and I did as I have 68 Ultra TT in my system ) the Ultra TT is IMO the best one

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
The 2 and 2M are older models which are no longer made. The Ultra TT and Ultra TD are current models If I were to pick ( and I did as I have 68 Ultra TT in my system ) the Ultra TT is IMO the best one
Thank you Steve.
What is the price of Ultra TT, please ? Thanks

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing