Coronavirus ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ours have dropped back down to around $2 each. If you need...

There is a healthy supply on Aliexpress, but delivery is after April 15th. Same on Amazon.

I have around 40 3M masks and my whole family is staying home, so I'm all good.

But maybe other WBF members will be interested - provided UPS still works.

Can we just admit that, when it comes to this new pandemic, governments worldwide are guessing at the best course of action. More authoritarian ones power moves are expected, those more geared to personal liberty strong actions will have detractors. Politics aught not to be part of it but inevitable. Those promoting the-sky-is-falling mentality end up promoting fear and anxiety, others argue for a more reasoned response yet hard to know which is right if you know someone directly affected. And directly affected is all of us now with shut-downs in place.

For a time, our ways of moving in the world are vastly changed. But as always, this too will pass.

And, as always, live, love, laugh, enjoy good music, hug your wife (with hazmat suit!), pet your dog or cat. Do those things that give you comfort/joy.

If you're virus free, stop by for a glass of wine and some tunes! I promise to limit the crowd size!

Yes and no. I think countries who have been lucky enough to not yet feel the full impact of this disease would do well to look at what has happened in those places where the disease has swung through. Like you said, no magic bullet but still plenty of things to be getting on with.

Adam started the shit show!

david
True, but let’s all stop throwing feces in public, it’s contagious :eek: A privat thread could be the solution, and would give participants a place
to vent.

True, but let’s all stop throwing feces in public, it’s contagious :eek: A privat thread could be the solution, and would give participants a place
to vent.

Politics anywhere on this forum is not to be discussed in any thread

Politics anywhere on this forum is not to be discussed in any thread
If people are pm’ing each other ? I would expect that to be private. Are
you monitoring peoples private messages ?

If people are pm’ing each other ? I would expect that to be private. Are
you monitoring peoples private messages ?
of course we are not. Did you read my post? No politics in any thread and all of a sudden you are asking if we are monitoring PM's. Can you see the paranoia

Have at it with all the PM's you want.Politics is just not mentioned here in the open forum

Reactions: Ron Resnick
of course we are not. Did you read my post? No politics inane thread and all of a sudden you are asking if we are monitoring PM's. Can you see the paranoia

Have at it with all the PM's you want.Politics is just not mentioned here in the open forum
Steve if you read my original post, that was the suggestion ! Pm each other !
I should of course have written private message instead of private thread :rolleyes:

It wouldn't because it would reopen after more information was available.

no, since you can't tell me when it would reopen

bonds have been rallying since Dec. Buffett has been warning about credit leverage for a year. Gold has rallied for six months. speculation gone rampant - see TLRY, BYND, TSLA, SPCE. options open interest was at ATH. this isn't all coronavirus.

its what happens when bull markets go bust.

no, since you can't tell me when it would reopen

bonds have been rallying since Dec. Buffett has been warning about credit leverage for a year. Gold has rallied for six months. speculation gone rampant - see TLRY, BYND, TSLA, SPCE. options open interest was at ATH. this isn't all coronavirus.

its what happens when bull markets go bust.

IMO the market was overbought and looking for a reason for a correction

Last edited by a moderator:
so whats the difference in H1N1 and Coronavirus?

H1N1 is a strain of influenza virus which is a different virus from coronavirus. Both are respiratory and contagious. One has a relatively low mortality rate (H1N1) compared to the other.

Interesting. The US VP has just asked construction companies to donate their N95 respirators to the health services. There must be a huge shortfall.

Just announced in te UK that the number of confirmed cases has risen by 407 in the last 24 hours to a total of 1,950 cases,. 50,442 people tested to date of which 48,492 tested negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing