Contriva G2

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I was in the market to upgrade my beloved Vienna Acoustics -The Music.
The decision was taken fairly quickly and have ordered a pair of Tidal Contriva G2 in Macassar finish.
The construction and assembly has been completed and I am waiting delivery next week. Some photos taken during the assembly. I wonder how they will sound with my Gryphon Mephisto and Pandora
You will have to change your moniker here as well ;):D
Congrats, they look beautiful :cool:

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
It seems to let you choose the bass curve. If you don’t use it (I don’t) you let the maximum bass.
If you close it there will be less bass.
That is what I remember.
There is also a switch on the back that you can use to regulate the highs. Like a normal, increased or decreased curve or highs.

Reactions: Vienna

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Thank you

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
That is one heck of a loudspeaker you bought yourself! Congrats. The combo with your Gryphon electronics will undoubtedly produce some gorgeous sounding music.

Vienna

VIP/Donor
That is one heck of a loudspeaker you bought yourself! Congrats. The combo with your Gryphon electronics will undoubtedly produce some gorgeous sounding music.
Thank you, reading your post is making me even more impatient

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Have just spoken with Jorn... again!
The Speakers are undergoing quality control inspection which includes the wiring, crossovers, drivers installation, torques verification. The process is expected to be completed by tomorrow.
Then the frequency and the rest of the measuremnts will take place. If everything will go well the speakers will be playing from Friday to next Monday. Then a new QC qill take place along with new measurements.
As soon as all the above will be completed my new speakers will be shipped by next Thursday or Friday.

Vienna

VIP/Donor
The Contriva G2 are in the house.
As expected the finishing level and quality is amazing.
They do make an outstanding matching with the Gryphon system. Just out of the box and the sound is incredible.
They were shipped together with sand/slate/acrylic platforms, a suggestion from the designer for my suspended wood floor.

The highs and mids are unprecedented while the lows tight and layered. I Couldn’t be happier.

Attachments

• 97E81016-0BEF-4112-988B-85C1801EF402.jpeg
    97E81016-0BEF-4112-988B-85C1801EF402.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 129
  • 6A7635F9-54EE-4AAD-8F8B-52F570E6BB02.jpeg
    6A7635F9-54EE-4AAD-8F8B-52F570E6BB02.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 131

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Well, in light of my experience with various Tidal loudspeakers (Sunray, La Assoluta) things will become much, much better once your Contriva’s have fully been played in. That will undoubtedly take (quite) some time.

Furthermore, please be prepared to experiment with placement of the G2’s in your room once they are fully burned in; likely you will become (even much) more enthusiastic.

Anyway, have lots of fun!

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Well, in light of my experience with various Tidal loudspeakers (Sunray, La Assoluta) things will become much, much better once your Contriva’s have fully been played in. That will undoubtedly take (quite) some time.

Furthermore, please be prepared to experiment with placement of the G2’s in your room once they are fully burned in; likely you will become (even much) more enthusiastic.

Anyway, have lots of fun!

Thank you

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Congratulations, Vienna! Beautiful and great speakers.
Now, as Audiocrack said, put it to play at least 500h to achieve their best.
Don’t give them too much toe in is my experience with my G2.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
You are right. Jorn has advised the same and it works.
You are in the fortunate position to have SS gear for the 3 week around the clock burn-in ;)
I had to re-activiate old SS gear not to burn precious tube life time for that period :p:D

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
I had no option. Had to use tube gear to burn in.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
I have a stock of cheaper KT88 Gold Lion.
I would never use my EAT KT 88 set. Very expensive for that role.

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

tobiasrankin

Mar 7, 2020
The Contriva G2 are in the house.
As expected the finishing level and quality is amazing.
They do make an outstanding matching with the Gryphon system. Just out of the box and the sound is incredible.
They were shipped together with sand/slate/acrylic platforms, a suggestion from the designer for my suspended wood floor.

The highs and mids are unprecedented while the lows tight and layered. I Couldn’t be happier.

How are you liking your Contriva G2 after 7 months.

Vienna

VIP/Donor

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
I enjoy mine every year!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing