Classical Music is Good for your Brain

I have seen similar but it ties to all music you have a connection with. The subject.in the article played Violin professionally. A strong tie.

If someone were to not enjoy classical, I doubt they would have the same reaction. Unless their mind was activly working to figure out a way to turn off the music.:)

https://www.theepochtimes.com/healt...the-brain-heres-how-5632847?utm_source=Health

I just spent 5 days in Vienna listening to classical music. My IQ should have gone up several points. I just checked my investments. Apparently, it hasn't had any effect yet :rolleyes:
thanks Marty. enjoyed your post about Vienna. have fun in Munich.

skimmed the article.

over my 30 years of being a crazy serious audiophile, the most significant occurrence has been my evolution of musical focus. gone from 95% pop/rock, 4% jazz, 1% classical in the mid 90's, to now 80% + classical, 10-15% jazz, and around 5% pop rock. string quartets, quintets, piano trio's, piano solo, piano, cello and violin concerto's, and large orchestral are when i live. i'm drawn to it. still don't know a lick about it (and not compelled to learn....more the opposite....trying to not think about it).....but no matter.

it does make me feel good (there are reasons that is what i listen to).........can't say it helps my brain. but maybe it's not hurting.

Last edited:
Reactions: marty
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Golum and marty

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing