Charles' Little 2-ch Hi-Fi System...

Chops

Apr 27, 2016
Central Florida
Amp swap!

Chops

Apr 27, 2016
Central Florida
It's apparent our new little "Bucky" enjoy's watching Paul's videos as well!

Chops

Apr 27, 2016
Central Florida
Well it seems as though an update is in order. The Sonus faber Venere 1.5's are gone for a second and final time. One of my brothers bought them off of me. Something else that's gone... The JL Audio e110 subs. They aren't sold yet, but I will be selling them soon.

As for the current system, everything is the same except that I have added another shelf onto the Pangea audio rack and using all of the shorter uprights. The other change are the speakers. I am once again running my dream speakers, tried and true, old faithful NHT 2.9's that I purchased some 11 years ago when Teresa and I first got together.

The biggest and best change/upgrade of all is that we just moved out of that lousy apartment after a 6 year stint and into a nice little house built in 1951 with all original wood floors and solid plaster walls and ceiling. The only downside, not a single grounded outlet in the entire house. However, I did ask that at least the one outlet that I'll be using for the system be grounded, which it now is.

The wood floors were just freshly repaired, sanded and refinished by a friend of mine, and my brothers, Teresa and I did all of the painting and sanding/refinishing of the entire interior and doors. Luckily, my new landlord is also a good friend of mine, and his wife actually grew up in this house as her parents moved into the house in 1952.

We have been given the liberty to do pretty much anything we want to the house within reason of course. We just moved in this past week, and this is our 4th night staying here, and we're loving it already!

Anyway, on with some pics...

From this hillbilly wreck from the previous resident...

To this after we got a hold of it...

And now to my own personal touch...

Chops

Apr 27, 2016
Central Florida
Very nice , clean and simple.

Enjoy
Thank you. Clean and simple is what I was going for, one of a few reasons why I dropped the JL subs from the system. It's a good thing I never sold these NHT's. They are just too darn good.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing