Caelin joins World's Best Forum

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Caelin, can you tell us anything about the Anaconda digital. I have been using a Python digital (AES) for about two years now. I just upgraded to an Auralic Vega DAC, and want to get max performance from it and the Bryston BDP1 digital file player.

Bluedog

Nov 22, 2013
Boston
That's the first I've heard about the jumpers. Did you hear who is supposed to be making them for us. I guess that will be a surprise to our technicians who make them.

Which set of spades to connect to the speaker terminals has nothing to do with the brand of speaker cable you are using. Most people prefer to connect the speaker cable to the low set of terminals since it carries the majority of the current load. Some people like to cross connect the terminals. So the + of the speaker cable goes to the low+ and the -speaker cable goes to the high-. Then the jumper connects the +low to +high and -high to -low.

There are almost no speaker cables that are shielded that i know of. This is because it usually sounds bad. Just an FYI: We have just released a shielded version of the Anaconda cable for those that prefer or need a shielded cable. It is called the "Anaconda -S" interconnect. We have also just announced an Anaconda Digital cable.

The advantage of using the Dark Field cable elevators is that it sounds better than just laying the cables on the floor, especially if the cables are on a carpet. There is less blur of the transients, greater transparency and a sense of better micro dynamics.

Hi Caelin,
I was reading this blurb from a dealer who mentioned the jumpers were made initially by Hubbell. Is this not the case? Thanx and wonderful to have you here to answer our questions.

http://audiofast.pl/main.asp?idm=30&ids=238&idsu=1231&wersja=1

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Caelin, can you tell us anything about the Anaconda digital. I have been using a Python digital (AES) for about two years now. I just upgraded to an Auralic Vega DAC, and want to get max performance from it and the Bryston BDP1 digital file player.

The Anaconda -S interconnect and the Anaconda Digital AES/EBU are not on the website yet because we have not received the photos yet. The information should be up by weekend.

It is a VTX (virtual tube) design. The Python was our previous best digital cable. We really took our time in the development of this cable since it represents our best. It is quite a step up from the Python. Knowing you, I am sure that you are going to want to give it a trial.

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Hi Caelin,
I was reading this blurb from a dealer who mentioned the jumpers were made initially by Hubbell. Is this not the case? Thanx and wonderful to have you here to answer our questions.

http://audiofast.pl/main.asp?idm=30&ids=238&idsu=1231&wersja=1

Thank you, I appreciate you forwarding the source. The dealers website is confused. They have taken the information about the SRZ1 AC outlet and confused it with the jumpers.

Let us know how the jumpers work out for you.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
It is a VTX (virtual tube) design. The Python was our previous best digital cable. We really took our time in the development of this cable since it represents our best. It is quite a step up from the Python. Knowing you, I am sure that you are going to want to give it a trial.

Yes, I probably will. I need to learn a bit more about it, and decide if I should raid the Typhon/umbilical budget for it. :)

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Yes, I probably will. I need to learn a bit more about it, and decide if I should raid the Typhon/umbilical budget for it. :)

If you are asking me - I would get the TYPHON. Nothing does what a Typhon does and there is no other upgrade that can compensate for the lack of a Typhon.

JMNSHO

Bluedog

Nov 22, 2013
Boston
If you are asking me - I would get the TYPHON. Nothing does what a Typhon does and there is no other upgrade that can compensate for the lack of a Typhon.

JMNSHO

Caelin, I understand that Shunyata is making some changes in its power cords to be introduced at RMAF. Can you share with us your plans?

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Caelin, I understand that Shunyata is making some changes in its power cords to be introduced at RMAF. Can you share with us your plans?

The major additions are the Alpha Series cables that reduce power supply and power line noise without the use of a power conditioner. Each version is designed for a specific type of component.

Alpha Digital
Alpha Analog
Alpha HC (hi-current)

We are introducing a lower cost power cable designed specifically for digital components. It is called the VENOM DIGITAL PC. It should be shipping in about a week or so. Retail price is US$395.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV

JMNSHO

How does a Cyclops compare to a Typhon. Does it do the same kind of thing only less? If there is only one component (e.g. a power amp) plugged into it how much more does a Typhon offer? TIA.

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
How does a Cyclops compare to a Typhon. Does it do the same kind of thing only less? If there is only one component (e.g. a power amp) plugged into it how much more does a Typhon offer? TIA.

If you only have one component get the Typhon if it is in your budget. I am assuming you are using it with an amp. Plug the amp into the top outlet and plug the Typhon into the bottom outlet. The Cyclops could improve the performance if you added it to the circuit and Typhon. But that requires the cost of the Cyclops plus another equally high quality power cord for the Cyclops. I would say that the Typhon would give 75% and the Cyclops 25%.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing