Cable Lifts thread

Medialies

Apr 16, 2021
The lifts stop the vibrations at the point of contact with the floor? This is where I get somewhat lost on these. What in the design of the lifts stop the vibration from being transmitted to the cable?
I am curious because I am currently investing in new equipment and find myself looking at all options for improve sound quality.

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
The lifts stop the vibrations at the point of contact with the floor? This is where I get somewhat lost on these. What in the design of the lifts stop the vibration from being transmitted to the cable?
I am curious because I am currently investing in new equipment and find myself looking at all options for improve sound quality.
If you raise the cables off of the floor with a material that doesn't transmit vibration then you have isolated the cables from floorborne vibrations. I have also isolated my speakers from the floor with IsoAcoustics Gaia isolation feet.

Attachments

• IMG_0373.jpg
    IMG_0373.jpg
    669.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0372.jpg
    IMG_0372.jpg
    613.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0790.jpg
    IMG_0790.jpg
    519.6 KB · Views: 41

Medialies

Apr 16, 2021
Thank you for the info. I will take your input and add it to my education as I continue down the rabbit hole.

stevebythebay

Oct 21, 2012
I’ve had substantial success using the A/V RoomService EVP’s under a pair of subwoofers in my main audio system. Like the IsoAcoustic footers, the EVP’s are designed to isolate the structure borne vibrations from transmission into the floor and other connected surfaces. Did the same for my upstairs A/V system’s primary and subwoofer to good effect. A few of my Shunyata power cables came with their lifters which operate on the same principles as the CVP’s made by A/V RoomService. Nice thing about the A/V RoomService is you’ve got 30 days to try the products. If they don’t work for your application by the end of 30 days you get a full refund.

Reactions: Jim Smith

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Thank you for the info. I will take your input and add it to my education as I continue down the rabbit hole.
The main issue, to the best of my knowledge, is static electricity impacts if your cables are on carpet. Just use CD cases to determine if you hear a difference. There are also other "minimal dollar" ideas in this thread.

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
The main issue, to the best of my knowledge, is static electricity impacts if your cables are on carpet. Just use CD cases to determine if you hear a difference. There are also other "minimal dollar" ideas in this thread.
As I posted earlier in this thread, PFO and 6Moons reviews of the AQ Fog Lifters raised a new issue with regard to cable lifters that I don't remember being discussed before, specifically that when cables are on or near the floor the floor effectively becomes part of the cables' dielectric which means it participates in the dielectric storage/release cycle, adding distortion. The Shunyata Dark Field Elevators that I've used for years are made of a material that both isolates from vibrations and conducts static electricity to the floor. However adding several of the taller AQ Fog Lifters (I didn't completely replace the Dark Field Elevators) resulted in a small increase in clarity and perceived speed.

Last edited:

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Ha, no, they didn’t have such things when I was a kid I do not believe. About an inch thick sports books like Greatest NFL running backs. It is so old that Jim Brown is on the cover.

brad225

VIP/Donor
Nov 22, 2012
My little interstate interchange of cables. I like them for organization, able to lift cables to different levels around each other.
These are from scrap mahogany.

Attachments

• NglGlQkwT0S0pTOLjlffCg.jpg
    NglGlQkwT0S0pTOLjlffCg.jpg
    821.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Lampie519

Mar 14, 2021
Hoofddorp, Holland
A different view...
I live in a concrete home so the floors are enforced with steel bars that are picking up noise from the AC power line and act now as an antenna...
This i can easily "hear" when placing a preamp on the floor (unshielded).
Lifting the amp a little will decrease any hum that is picked up from the "floor" in my case.

So it can be possible that in some cases it will work and in other cases not or to a lesser degree....

Just my experience in this matter....

Reactions: ACHiPo

Lampie519

Mar 14, 2021
Hoofddorp, Holland
If you like color in your system you can use these ....

Also handy in case you need one for the dishes (better then toilet paper rolls maybe)...

Attachments

• 77049.jpg
    77049.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 5

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
If you like color in your system you can use these ....

Also handy in case you need one for the dishes (better then toilet paper rolls maybe)...
Goedemorgen.

Did you try grounding the offending steel pipes to mains earth?

Reactions: Lampie519

Lampie519

Mar 14, 2021
Hoofddorp, Holland
Goedemorgen.

Did you try grounding the offending steel pipes to mains earth?
Goedemorgen Bill,

That would be a major undertaking as the concrete is extreemly stong here....

I tried to mount a CRT PJ on the ceiling (i was succesfull in the end LOL) but i made a lot of holes..... This because my drills all melted by doing so....

Attachments

• beton_3_foto_joostdevree.jpg
    beton_3_foto_joostdevree.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: Audiophile Bill

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing