Cable Lifts thread

shapo

Jul 5, 2018
What kinda cable lifts do you guys use?

I've been experimenting with my wire setups and trying to make everything look tidy. With regards to sound improvements I haven't really had the patience to do testing.
I'd like to hear everyone's experiences and preferences!

Acoustic Revive RCI-3H for Speaker Cables
IMG_8255.jpg
Inakustic Referenz Cable Base & Furutech NCF Booster
IMG_8257.jpg
Furutech Signal Booster
IMG_8259.jpg
Cardas Multi Blocks
IMG_8258.jpg

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
You're a mindreader, the very subject I was thinking of setting a thread on.

Have you seen the prices of the Fururech lifters, €300 EACH!
I suspect I need at least 15 in my system, that price is prohibitive, can it be justified?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
You need some special sauce too?
Maybe Paul Newman's stuff for ribs.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Has anyone compared the sonic differences between different cable lifters?

I know Furutech has its new NCF cable lifters. (I am waiting for MikeL to issue a full report on those!)

Shun Mook does not make cable lifters anymore.

Who makes the other good cable lifter products?

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Funny, I am sure people will find "cable lifters make a difference", BUT, sticking a big reflecting surface of a coffee table in the middle of the room makes no difference.

I use the NCF strictly to hold my big heavy Gobel plug in proper alignment for my MSB Select II as there is otherwise too much leverage on the plug relative to the receptacle and a poor fit with plug disconnects is otherwise a problem.

The two big plugs going into my CH M1 have much better receptacles than the MSB Select II power supplies so for me it is not an issue there.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
The basic premise is to get cables off of carpet because it acts like a dialectric. If you have woox floors I wouldn't bother except if you want to tiddy-up.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Funny, I am sure people will find "cable lifters make a difference", BUT, sticking a big reflecting surface of a coffee table in the middle of the room makes no difference. (...)

People say we easily get used to some types of acoustic differences, and after a while our brains compensates for them. However, electronics and cables can generate some types of errors that we never manage to get used and eliminate so successfully in the long term.

It is why what is usually called "small differences" are so hard to analyze.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
People say we easily get used to some types of acoustic differences, and after a while our brains compensates for them. However, electronics and cables can generate some types of errors that we never manage to get used and eliminate so successfully in the long term.

It is why what is usually called "small differences" are so hard to analyze.

LMAO. Sorry but that is great and one of the reasons I love this forum.

Reactions: sbo6

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Hmm, and it can cost more and more chasing those "small differences".

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
What kinda cable lifts do you guys use?

I've been experimenting with my wire setups and trying to make everything look tidy. With regards to sound improvements I haven't really had the patience to do testing.
I'd like to hear everyone's experiences and preferences!

Acoustic Revive RCI-3H for Speaker Cables
View attachment 42985
Inakustic Referenz Cable Base & Furutech NCF Booster
View attachment 42986
Furutech Signal Booster
View attachment 42987
Cardas Multi Blocks
View attachment 42988

They look hi-end. I think I can make some.

I lifted my speaker cables in the past, on small wood blocks (I had a carpet in the music room), and I couldn't tell a difference. Most likely because my system wasn't resolute enough, and perhaps also because they were home-made? My ears are not from a young healthy 18-year old demoiselle, they are from an older gentleman in his mid-sixties. ...Still relatively young on a scale from zero to one hundred.
Also, I did not have measuring equipment, still to this day.

But for me, on a carpet, and also other surfaces, they look cooler, more serious, hi-yield audiophile, higher elevated grounded. The beauty of all those positive attributes is that I can have fun making them myself.
I can use my best wood and I can even freeze it and unfreeze it before cutting it to the shape I want.

If someone did some serious comparisons and measurements and AB double blind tests, I'm all eyes and ears and bank account wide open.

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Ah well in for a penny I suppose--this is more like a game of Simon Says!;)

Here's mine can't say whether actually make a difference--picked up a bunch many years back at end of show sellout--

thought what the heck--they stayed

YVMV

BruceD

Lifters.jpg

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL

I lifted my speaker cables in the past, on small wood blocks (I had a carpet in the music room), and I couldn't tell a difference. Most likely because my system wasn't resolute enough, and perhaps also because they were home-made? My ears are not from a young healthy 18-year old demoiselle, they are from an older gentleman in his mid-sixties. ...Still relatively young on a scale from zero to one hundred.
Also, I did not have measuring equipment, still to this day.

But for me, on a carpet, and also other surfaces, they look cooler, more serious, hi-yield audiophile, higher elevated grounded. The beauty of all those positive attributes is that I can have fun making them myself.
I can use my best wood and I can even freeze it and unfreeze it before cutting it to the shape I want.

If someone did some serious comparisons and measurements and AB double blind tests, I'm all eyes and ears and bank account wide open.

For me and my intended purposes nothing equaled the Fururtech NCF.

They are adjustable in height, have an accessory kit to increase higher should you need to, have a very easy way to secure the cable and guarantee a “perfect” connection to the power supply of the DAC or amp. I’m not using them for “cable lifting” but to ensure that the heavy plug doesn’t disconnect and maintains a perfect connection.

Interesting thing is when I got my first Gobel power cord it immediately kept disconnecting from the dac’s power supply and asked Oscar Gobel to design something for his cables to ensure a good connection. Next day Fururtech began shipping these to the States. Problem solved.

For the purpose I am using they work great and a perfect fix for big heavy plugs. We aren’t fortunate to have better electrical receptacles other countries use.

Reactions: nirodha

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

My cables lay flat on the carpet. I use cartridge boxes (Lyra and Top Wings are good size.) to support power cord at equipment receptacle. These days I am thinking using simple things and messy with scattered small tools make me look :cool: like a highly skilled “pro”..hehehe. And I don’t need to be in the 60’s to have a permanent ringing ears.

Make me some wood blocs Northstar so I can say they are made in Canada.

Tang

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
For me and my intended purposes nothing equaled the Fururtech NCF.

They are adjustable in height, have an accessory kit to increase higher should you need to, have a very easy way to secure the cable and guarantee a “perfect” connection to the power supply of the DAC or amp. I’m not using them for “cable lifting” but to ensure that the heavy plug doesn’t disconnect and maintains a perfect connection.

Interesting thing is when I got my first Gobel power cord it immediately kept disconnecting from the dac’s power supply and asked Oscar Gobel to design something for his cables to ensure a good connection. Next day Fururtech began shipping these to the States. Problem solved.

For the purpose I am using they work great and a perfect fix for big heavy plugs. We aren’t fortunate to have better electrical receptacles other countries use.

Lifting them @ the connection points so that the angle and the weight of the cable and connector doesn't disconnect from the components and speakers make 100% good common sense.
Any serious audiophile who wants to protect and secure their audio investments are consciencious of this gravitational fact. Now you're talking.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
My cables lay flat on the carpet. I use cartridge boxes (Lyra and Top Wings are good size.) to support power cord at equipment receptacle. These days I am thinking using simple things and messy with scattered small tools make me look :cool: like a highly skilled “pro”..hehehe. And I don’t need to be in the 60’s to have a permanent ringing ears.

Make me some wood blocs Northstar so I can say they are made in Canada.

Tang

Now you have great imagination; using your cartridge's boxes to lift and support your AC/DC power cords and receptacles horizontally with the three holes in your components.
That way they don't exercise stress and fatigue and the music playing the same.

We have beautiful trees on Vancouver Island. A friend built his house made entirely of logs washing ashore from the ocean, beach logs. If he can build a house he can build wood block cable lifters too...made in Canada. What I can do is to send you an entire log and then you can start a business?

Let me know and I will calculate the shipping costs, by water.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Years ago I used yellow tennis balls, as I cut them to fit. Never could really tell a difference, but they were good for a laugh. Now my cables lay on the carpet...I've moved on.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
LMAO. Sorry but that is great and one of the reasons I love this forum.

I sell and use the Furutech Cable lifters and there are two types . One that actually holds and supports a power cord at the proper height so that it makes the best connection and also the material of the cable lifter does other electricl properties . One can read there lit I am not going to bore anyone with it. They also make a lifter only to raise cables off the floor and this is lower
in cost and has no top piece,
SO far everyone that has ordered has kept them and reordered!
We have over 100 pieces out there in 3 months.
FYI
They don't have a unit yet for the coffee table issue

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

Go to Goodwill, Salvation army, thrift store, ... buy a bunch of CRT dual rabbit antennae, put an elastic between the two telescopic poles, bravo you just made adjustable cable lifters and you can freely experiment @ various heights.

Cost is irelative, elevated sound of music is.

The sound wavelengths intercepted by the metal antenna rods @ different elevations might be beneficial for music transmission through the cables.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing