Burmester Music Server 111 ...

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
How about a group buy for a "Gary's Stupid Really Good Music Server"? :). That is, for those who can't cough up the $50k just yet.

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
Paging Garylkoh! Paging Garylkoh! :)

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Sorry. I'm in France, and hurt my back the second day I got here. So I've been flat on my back in a hotel room since then. WBF was the furthest thing from my mind as I couldn't get in on my cellphone.

A group buy isn't necessary - the parts are cheap enough and won't get cheaper with volume. There are a couple here who have already built it quite successfully.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
I am so sorry Gary. Please get well soon. Please feel better.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Guys-I can't tell you how Gary's server compares to megabuck digital gear, but I can tell you that it sounds great in my system. I'm the one that coined the phrase "stupid good." Look at the gear I have listed on my page and you can see I own and make your own judgments for where I'm coming from. I haven't updated my system to show the ARC VS115 amp. Gary's server is the best digital I have ever heard in my home.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Hi mep,

Can you link to where Gary specs out the build? I am not sure I was reading the most current paper of his. Thanks! Glad you are happy.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Gary had it posted on his Genesis sight before. but I'm not sure if it's still there. Maybe Gary can chime in.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
---Few days ago I fell, and I hurt my left wrist badly. ...But it ain't broken, just badly bruised and very weak (no more full motion, and with constant pain). And I will survive with some healing time.
{Can't play the guitars and flutes no more.}

And I stil have my right wrist, so I can still 'cook' with that one. :b

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
Hope you are right handed Bob, and, that you heal quickly. Thanks for the info Gary!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing