Burmester at Munich Hi-End 2012

Rocco I.

Apr 26, 2012
Italy

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
Rocco, thank-you! Great pictures of great musical instruments. I wonder when Burmester will come out with a 911 MK4? :)

AudioExplorations

Apr 5, 2012
Rocco, thanks! Leo Yeh provides the internet with some great quality photos of high end gear. Looking forward to the first listening impressions of the 111 coming in. I suspect they will all be great

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I have heard that it won't be on their drawing board until the beginning of 2014.

Typical Burmester! Love and of course it will be available to any 911 owner even Mark !. Heard about a truly monoblock amplifer based on the 909. Burmester doesn't much believe in "mono"-block but audiophiles have asked for it so ...

Rocco I.

Apr 26, 2012
Italy
More pictures:

AudioExplorations

Apr 5, 2012
Typical Burmester! Love and of course it will be available to any 911 owner even Mark !. Heard about a truly monoblock amplifer based on the 909. Burmester doesn't much believe in "mono"-block but audiophiles have asked for it so ...

Frantz - I believe the 911 was actually designed to be used as mono's although I can't remember where I heard this unfortunately. The 909 can already be used as mono's with the Y-splitters, where did you hear about a 'truly' mono 909? Would that just mean a factory mono 909 where you do not need the splitters?

Rocco I.

Apr 26, 2012
Italy
Frantz - I believe the 911 was actually designed to be used as mono's although I can't remember where I heard this unfortunately. The 909 can already be used as mono's with the Y-splitters, where did you hear about a 'truly' mono 909? Would that just mean a factory mono 909 where you do not need the splitters?

Hi Joost,

all Burmester amps are designed to used a monos. You can directly order to Burmester any monos amps internally bridged. If stereo you can bridge them using the Burmester Silver Mono adapters. I think that Franz's post was referred to a future and new model of Burmester mono amps that descends from 909 design.

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
hi,

i am a new joiner on this forum but have been following the thread for sometime now. i have had the same question on my mind as to when the mk4 will be released. in fact, i was speaking to the new mktng guy at burmester who said he had been getting similar enquires on upgrades. but as usual, the guys at burm are very cagey about parting with info. nevertheless, i will be quite interested to know how the current, ethereal, 911mk3 can be improved upon.

cheers

sujay

Rocco I.

Apr 26, 2012
Italy
Welcome Sujay.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, sujay and welcome to the WBF.

AudioExplorations

Apr 5, 2012
From monoandstereo.com.

"Beautiful display at the booth of one of the most recognized German high-end brands. This is a real luxury brand with the sound that is recognized with audiophiles all over the world. We could hear the new 111 music server and there were a lot of their gear at the static display as well as a remarkable Porche Panamera with built in Burmester dedicated system. Open, controlled sound, but within the limits of the hall room acoustics. 111 music server looks gorgeous and it was nice to see the updated Rondo line. 101 and 102 are now using the same enclosure as higher priced upper level models do. It’s certainly an add on value and even greater looks of already classical design. They show 113 actively in the system. Ipad as a control is becoming a standard and part of integration of so many standard high-end audio."

Rocco I.

Apr 26, 2012
Italy
Great. Thanks for sharing ;)

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
I noticed 2 911 MK3 and not one 909.:) Also, no one ever mentions the under stated yet regal Burmester audio rack, simple but elegant.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing