Burmester 911 mk3

Apr 26, 2012
The Bias needs to matching-up/adjust only if the 911 Mk3 will be used in mono or bi-amping configuration. These amps have state of the art construction and built like a German Tank. Lifetime gears.

Last edited:
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I was asking because I measured the left side t 140 degrees and the right at 115 degrees F. Is this normal?
Looking at the pictures the amplifier seems symmetrical - so I would risk to say no, it is not normal and it needs adjustment.

Attachments

Apr 26, 2012
I was asking because I measured the left side t 140 degrees and the right at 115 degrees F. Is this normal?
It is a symmetrical amp. Maybe your unit has been previously used in monos with no bias matching up. Based on your info, as well as, one side is warmer I think It will need to be adjusted in bias. I suggest to send an email to the Burmester Customer Service: mail@burmester.de

drabbish

Aug 15, 2015
Thanks everyone, I talked to the burmester USA rep, and they told me that a 20% difference is ok, but will eventually need a bias Tuning. They also told me that this is necessary between every 5-10 years depending on the area and load the amp is under. We discussed that the next time the tech is in my area for servicing that they would schedule me in for a bias tuning.