Bill Thalmann of Music Technology RIP

zermatt

Oct 5, 2010
wash dc
I just heard some sad news that Bill Thalmann of Music Technology (and former conrad-johnson Design engineer), has passed away early this week.

I met Bill while having to get repairs at conrad-johnson bask in the 80’s. He then started his own company Music Technology in Springfield, Va.

Bill was my go-to person and any issues I was having in my system. We modified just about every piece of electronics form Jadis to CJ for the last 25 years. He will always remain a true friend. RIP my friend.

leyenda

Mar 2, 2011
i reached out to Bill when i needed service for SP10mk3 during the pandemic. he is a great guy, RIP.

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
I just heard some sad news that Bill Thalmann of Music Technology (and former conrad-johnson Design engineer), has passed away early this week.

I met Bill while having to get repairs at conrad-johnson bask in the 80’s. He then started his own company Music Technology in Springfield, Va.

Bill was my go-to person and any issues I was having in my system. We modified just about every piece of electronics form Jadis to CJ for the last 25 years. He will always remain a true friend. RIP my friend.
Very sad to hear that. Bill did a superb job of modifying/upgrading my Pathos TT several years back, and multiple smaller scale upgrades and repairs over the years. He was an expert technician and a class act. He will be missed.

audioquest4life

Sep 23, 2020
This is very sad news. Not only was he focused on Conrad Johnson, but all types of audio equipment. Music Technologies was a repair and restoration shop for lots of audio. When I returned from a long overseas tour in Europe, he converted my Octave Jubillee preamp to 120 volts from 220 and overhauled a Denon DP62L for me. I have a Pioneer RT909 reel to reel that I was getting ready to send to him for overhaul. He will be missed by many people.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing