Beware of mss hifi

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Marin Jim, what seems a little crazy to me about this story is....why would anybody pony up $270K to a supposed dealer before taking direct delivery of the merchandise?:confused: Or, if the gear needed to be ordered, why not put up a small deposit and the balance upon delivery:confused:. Not saying your story didn't happen, just that whoever was taken advantage of seemed to have very little understanding of good common sense business practices.:eek:

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
Marin Jim, what seems a little crazy to me about this story is....why would anybody pony up $270K to a supposed dealer before taking direct delivery of the merchandise?:confused: Or, if the gear needed to be ordered, why not put up a small deposit and the balance upon delivery:confused:. Not saying your story didn't happen, just that whoever was taken advantage of seemed to have very little understanding of good common sense business practices.:eek:

Because it was firmly expressed by this comapny, when one orders Burmester, they demand full payment up front, and wel as Focal. Do you know why more people do not come forward? Because people who are narrow minded say ,"Oh you fool! Good it happened to you and not me. Would never happen to me." Instead, let's try and find a way to find the truth and and help the victim. Do you know some men still believe in certain countries that if a woman gets raped, it is her fault? Some people with deep pockets trust their contractors and or a/v dealers.Tis is not some BS story I made up here people. This is the God's truth, so help me God, on my soul.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Because it was firmly expressed by this comapny, when one orders Burmester, they demand full payment up front, and wel as Focal. Do you know why more people do not come forward? Because people who are narrow minded say ,"Oh you fool! Good it happened to you and not me. Would never happen to me." Instead, let's try and find a way to find the truth and and help the victim. Do you know some men still believe in certain countries that if a woman gets raped, it is her fault? Some people with deep pockets trust their contractors and or a/v dealers.Tis is not some BS story I made up here people. This is the God's truth, so help me God, on my soul.

MarinJim, I ask a simple question and you get defensive. Not only that, but your answer was non-sensical and irrelevant to my point. I'm not questing that your friend is possibly out $270K, instead simply wondering how anyone would agree to the terms that you proport and at the same time be able to afford this purchase in the first place. ( to be blunt:eek:).

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
Defensive? Hardly. I do not make it a habit to inform the world me and a close friend have been duped by a highly trusted dealer (and I thought good friend). When the discounts were 30-35%, I should have seen the red flags, no? Shame on me.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Defensive? Hardly. I do not make it a habit to inform the world me and a close friend have been duped by a highly trusted dealer (and I thought good friend). When the discounts were 30-35%, I should have seen the red flags, no? Shame on me.

We all have made these kind of mistakes in the past:(, the key thing, IMHO is to learn from them. My condolences to you and your friend; I'm sure that you will find that the law is on your side. Good luck to you:D

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Well as Gary has arranged for you, I would talk directly to Burmester vis a vis your problem. I'm sure Burmester and you can reach some sort of mutually agreeable settlement :)

DEV

Oct 19, 2011

Sorry to read what you are dealing with and I personally know the feeling and there are others whom are keeping quiet, I had a bad experience also "not with these guys, Digital Ear in Tustin, Ca." but found expressing such WARNING of OTHERS I also had to deal with individuals questioning me instead of supporting. Seems to be the nature of some, sure would be a whole different story if the shoe was on the other foot though.

I'm sure you are both dealing with allot of emotions, stress etc. but as per MylesBAstor thread above right now I would suggest that your friend contact Burmester as per Gary right away and hopefully get some satisfaction :D

The Law, please what a joke! You have to get a lawyer involved whom plays on your emotions sucking even more money out of you with no guarantess in the end and will go on for years and if they have nothing by that time "it's like getting blood out of a rock". You may win but financially loose because now you still have to collect.

Best of luck!

In relation to mss hifi I have not had any dealings with them but would never deal with them knowing that it's the same "CLOWN" and just a name change from audio pimp whom got kicked off Audiogon. I did have an issue with this company trying to rip me off but in the end got the last laugh :D:D

Last edited:

Saturntube

Industry Expert
Feb 8, 2011
Austin Texas
www.SadurniAcoustics.com
"The Law, please what a joke!"

Any way, who are going to sue: Johnny Boy? I am sure it is not his real name, his real name should be something like Wang Li. (no disrespect to asians)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA

The Law, please what a joke! You have to get a lawyer involved whom plays on your emotions sucking even more money out of you with no guarantess in the end and will go on for years and if they have nothing by that time "it's like getting blood out of a rock". You may win but financially loose because now you still have to collect.

Best of luck!

DEV, I'm sure we would all love to hear an alternative suggestion to the law. Your thoughts....:eek::eek:

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
LOL, well, "back in the day", a rope or some tar and feathers were a viable alternative! :)

DEV

Oct 19, 2011
DEV, I'm sure we would all love to hear an alternative suggestion to the law. Your thoughts....:eek::eek:

Sorry really don't want to get banned :D

I have always found a visit usually changes the situation ;)

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Well i just finished a 2 year courtcase in januari for a substantial amount of money with a dealer whose name i will not mention .
I won an all fronts and got all my money back.
It took two years and you need to have everything on " paper " ,and if the guy is bankrupt youre screwed

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Well i just finished a 2 year courtcase in januari for a substantial amount of money with a dealer whose name i will not mention .
I won an all fronts and got all my money back.
It took two years and you need to have everything on " paper " ,and if the guy is bankrupt youre screwed

Can you give a general sense of the location and product lines they carry?

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
because of conflicting stories between the 2 members here and The Digital Ear, I thought the high road would be to delete the thread and that's what I did

I can understand, but that is too bad that you caved in to pressure. basil also has a problem with his M5 and being bilked for $200k on that deal. You did him no service. The guy is a glutton for punishment.

Last edited by a moderator:

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Mss sells mostly used gear which 99% of the time has no warranty. Not sure whats so shocking here. And warranty on a cable is even more humorous. He sells a bunch of new product from dealers going out of business where the issue could lie. Even the legend andy singer dumped a ton of product to him a few years back. I have miltiple friends who have purchased gear from them - perhaps a bit shady, but price can be spectacular and he takes trades unlike 99% of other dealers. My guess is someone overseas sent him a trade in that was fake.

Anyways, i think his whole girls and audio thing is tasteless so not my kind of guy, but if prce is more important, to each his own.

The Digital Ear is a very very respected socal dealer, so unless proof is available, i call bs. It would be like music friends up in nocal.

Last edited:

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
Are you calling me a liar? Digital Ear is not the Digital Ear of old, if you even bothered to read some posts, before showing your utterly lack any understanding. All the posts were removed and the thread shut down because Digital Ear threaten they would not be able to pay back the $270K+, if they loose a lot of customers.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing