Beware of mss hifi

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Wouldn't that have gotten Isreal Blume kicked out then?

The woman you're referring to is Israel's wife, not some tramp off the Strip or hooker Booey found at The Chicken Ranch :)

Last edited:

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi

This person has some is selling some serious gear and at good if not always deep discounts. I just noticed a JL Audio Gotham new in the box at about 34% discount... The deal breaker should however be the advice to not contact he manufacturer .. That should send most sane person B-S-meter blaring... What are the manufacturers he's selling, stance on their gears? Do they honor the warranty if it is still valid?

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
It seems that MSS Hi-Fi knows who to please and who to rip off. Maybe it is not personal, bur rather what gear is sold. I will be soon exposing a Burmester dealer in Los Angeles who ripped off a close friend for $270,000. Yes, $270K.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
It seems that MSS Hi-Fi knows who to please and who to rip off. Maybe it is not personal, bur rather what gear is sold. I will be soon exposing a Burmester dealer in Los Angeles who ripped off a close friend for $270,000. Yes, $270K.

Yikes :eek:

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Hi

This person has some is selling some serious gear and at good if not always deep discounts. I just noticed a JL Audio Gotham new in the box at about 34% discount... The deal breaker should however be the advice to not contact he manufacturer .. That should send most sane person B-S-meter blaring... What are the manufacturers he's selling, stance on their gears? Do they honor the warranty if it is still valid?

Frantz-I don't think the Pimp is an authorized dealer for much gear which means he comes by his new gear by devious means and I doubt any OEM will honor their warranty which is why he tells you not to contact them.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Holy-Moly! I feel for your friend something awful. If it's the one I'm thinking of, they won't be an authorized dealer for long.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com

I just spoke to Robb Niemann who is CEO of Burmester North America and he would be VERY interested to hear who this dealer is - if it's a current dealer, he will be an ex-dealer unless he makes this good. I have sent you Robb's email address and cell number. Check your PM.

edit: He said to post his email r o b b (at) b u r m e s t e r (dot) c a if anyone on this forum have questions about this or anything concerning Burmester.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I just spoke to Robb Niemann who is CEO of Burmester North America and he would be VERY interested to hear who this dealer is - if it's a current dealer, he will be an ex-dealer unless he makes this good. I have sent you Robb's email address and cell number. Check your PM.

The power of the internet in action!

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Hi

Sometimes I have bought used gear from brokers, typically at around 35-45% list price. If buying new I always buy from an approved local dealer - better paying a few euros more to have a good service, proper warranty and keeping a friendly dealer in business. In the case there is no friendly dealer around I usually choose another brand - there are plenty of good products in high-end, and no one is irreplaceable!

DEV

Oct 19, 2011

That's crazy! how does one get away with doing such. It just doesn't make any sence kindly provide some further information.

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com

edit: He said to post his email r o b b (at) b u r m e s t e r (dot) c a if anyone on this forum have questions about this or anything concerning Burmester.

I've had the pleasure of spending a couple of hours with Robb while waiting for connecting flights at SEA. He's fine gent!

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I guess we will see if this story has any legs to it. It seems implausible to me that the story is correct as stated.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I guess we will see if this story has any legs to it. It seems implausible to me that the story is correct as stated.

Stranger things have happened. While it's not in the league of aforementioned amount, there was a dealer about 15 years ago in the area who took deposits on some Krell, Vandy, etc. gear (at Xmas of all times -and from one of his own salesmen to boot) and snorted the profits up his nose. When the salesman called Krell, he found out the store owner had never placed the order :( Needless to say this dealer is long gone ( last I heard he was selling used cars in Fl-for real). Oh and both Richard Vandersteen and Dan D'Agostino took the high road and made good on both orders! These BTW are stories that one rarely hears about the generosity of these small manufacturers!

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Stranger things have happened. While it's not in the league of aforementioned amount, there was a dealer about 15 years ago in the area who took deposits on some Krell, Vandy, etc. gear (at Xmas of all times -and from one of his own salesmen to boot) and snorted the profits up his nose. When the salesman called Krell, he found out the store owner had never placed the order :( Needless to say this dealer is long gone ( last I heard he was selling used cars in Fl-for real). Oh and both Richard Vandersteen and Dan D'Agostino took the high road and made good on both orders! These BTW are stories that one rarely hears about the generosity of these small manufacturers!

But really, ripping off a customer for $150K?? Wouldn't that get the FBI involved? Hell, the feds put Martha Stewart in jail for trying to save $60K of her own money.

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011

Gary,

Thanks much appraciated. My Runco 50" plasma without board processor ($10K) took a dump yesterday and I only bought it from same Burmester dealer in LA. Took it to a authorized Runco repair shop in Napa, and find out it is a 4 year old processor!! Even though my receipt says 11/10. This shop has to man up. I don't want them to go out of business, because my friend will lose all his money.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Gary,

Thanks much appraciated. My Runco 50" plasma without board processor ($10K) took a dump yesterday and I only bought it from same Burmester dealer in LA. Took it to a authorized Runco repair shop in Napa, and find out it is a 4 year old processor!! Even though my receipt says 11/10. This shop has to man up. I don't want them to go out of business, because my friend will lose all his money.

Has your friend done nothing to recoup his loss

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I'm telling you guys, something doesn't smell right about this story.

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
Has your friend done nothing to recoup his loss

The previous owner just recently sold the company to his brother, trying to distance himself away from the company. My friend has detained an attorney, but we are waiting to see if same hollow promises are real or just a cover-up for more time. I am only out 10K, but not $270K.

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
I'm telling you guys, something doesn't smell right about this story.

Care to pm me about why you think that. Or better yet pm me you phone and would be happy to talk, with facts. If you want to discredit me, fine, but please back it up. If thhese isures ar not resolved in a few days, I will expose this fraud, and I have the the receipts for $120K into the a/v dealers personal accout and the rest to the company. FACT. And furthermore, I can scan my hand written worthless (it now seems receipt).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing