Axpona 22’ pictures

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Ceasar, did you catch your wife with a audio reviewer at a Christmas party ?;)

She said the reviewer's system was more dynamic. More efficient

Last edited:

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Caesar, I think you are the anti-Valin about whom they have prophesied. Please, never change.

Scaena1

Industry Expert
Sep 13, 2010
they made you wait in line. their choice. reap what you sow.

walked by that room 7-8 times, door always fully closed. meh. and we wonder why certain brands are not well known?
Hello Mike,

Now that I've caught up from the AXPONA time vacuum, I wanted to correct something. Our room is always un-locked, and the doors are closed out of courtesy to other exhibitors and the enjoyment of the attendees. We maintain no line and if there was one it was self-formed due to the numerous attendees in our room, as at so many times, it was SRO. We provide 12 good seats, where we believe a reasonable example of our sound can be experienced. I'm truly disappointed you did not make it into our room as my friend Elliot Goldman says you have an excellent system and I've seen the care and attention given to your listening room. We exhibited our entry level line array (75K standard finish, 90K as shown in Mother of Pearl finish) and we have had very favorable comments from attendees as well as Jonathan Valin and Robert Harley of TAS. If you attend next year, please reach out to me beforehand and I'll make sure you get a private audition if you want one. That offer holds for any Forum members.

Regards,

Alan

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
With their incentives not aligned with their readers, they are the polar opposite of trusted advisors. These people provide incomplete and misleading information about their favorite gear.

Ceasar its a far from perfect world we live in , but compared to the world of financial advisers / financial gurus id say audio advisers/ reviewers are saints

Reactions: Alrainbow

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Caesar is on fire, some guy I don't know challenges me and we have a Mark Levinson sighting. Well maybe not a sighting since I don't think anyone else will fund his projects again.
I suggest that that guy along with Caesar organize a Hell in the cell, over the top rope death match at WrestleMania, That I would pay for!
That they could stream live on YouTube.
I can get Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle to MC and Will Smith with challenge the winner! LMAO

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Hello Mike,

Now that I've caught up from the AXPONA time vacuum, I wanted to correct something. Our room is always un-locked, and the doors are closed out of courtesy to other exhibitors and the enjoyment of the attendees. We maintain no line and if there was one it was self-formed due to the numerous attendees in our room, as at so many times, it was SRO. We provide 12 good seats, where we believe a reasonable example of our sound can be experienced. I'm truly disappointed you did not make it into our room as my friend Elliot Goldman says you have an excellent system and I've seen the care and attention given to your listening room. We exhibited our entry level line array (75K standard finish, 90K as shown in Mother of Pearl finish) and we have had very favorable comments from attendees as well as Jonathan Valin and Robert Harley of TAS. If you attend next year, please reach out to me beforehand and I'll make sure you get a private audition if you want one. That offer holds for any Forum members.

Regards,

Alan

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Hello Mike,

Regards,

Alan
hello Alan,

yes, too bad. as i recall (my memory might be wrong) the first one or two times i walked by the door was locked, so after that i just saw the door closed and did not check. one of those things. maybe those first times it was early or something. we move on.

wish i would have heard it. i've heard it in the past and always had positive impressions. Elliot speaks very highly of you and your product. next time i will make sure to connect with you. and thank you for the kind words.

cheers,

Mike

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
And I replied with this to the video. Yesterday I posted it 25 times and it kept getting deleted. Today my comment has stayed for few hours.

Normally I would just ignore Jay, but this, along with Mikey OCD in the video, was pure outlandish.

It was funny last night Jay responded to my comment and asked if I could arrange for him to "evaluate" Pilium. I did not answer his comment post and then an hour later he deleted it.

Here was my response (that kept getting deleted) but is now in the comment section under the video.

I apologize for posting all over this comment section but Jay keeps deleting my post below, so the only way to get readers to hear the truth is to keep positing it, until he deletes it again. I have posted the below 25+ times now and Jay continues to delete it.

Hi, yes Jay did a video of the Bayz/Pilium room at Axpona which was sponsored and manned by Rhapsody and the Chicago Rhapsody location.. Jay hated the sound, his opinion, nothing wrong with someone's opinion.----Rhapsody had paid a deposit for a 2022 Alsyvox room, but there were not any rooms available that we could fit the Botticelli into at the show. We chose to do the Bayz room instead for this show. Rhapsody did a large Alsyvox room at the last RMAF show. Alsyvox was also shown at the recent Souther Cal show.-------Rhapsody has six locations across the US. All of the locations are known as Rhapsody Listening Rooms (RLRs). Anyone can see the locations and contact information for the RLR's at https://rhapsody.audio under the "Listening Rooms" tab.----For Mikey's information the Botticellis are $92,000 USD, not $130K. There are optional external crossovers that are $30K/pair. With the crossovers the price is $122K, but the B's by themselves are $92K with shipping/insurance included in the price.------Rhapsody has three support centers in the US for all of it's product, (Chicago, Brooklyn and San Francisco).----Pilium, Alsyvox, Bayz and Diesis are available at Rhapsody's SIX locations across the US for interested parties to visit and explore.-----Rhapsody also has Magico M9s at our Dallas location with a full Pilium set up driving the M9s. Magico has a full Pilium set of electronics driving the Magico M9s in the factory showroom. This Pilium system has been installed driving the M9s for over a year now. If anyone is interested in further information about Rhapsody OR any of the products that Rhapsody represents please contact one of the Rhapsody Listening Rooms or send me an email via the Rhapsody.Audio site, where the email is listed. All the best, Bob Visinainer

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
And I replied with this to the video. Yesterday I posted it 25 times and it kept getting deleted. Today my comment has stayed for few hours.

Normally I would just ignore Jay, but this, along with Mikey OCD in the video, was pure outlandish.

It was funny last night Jay responded to my comment and asked if I could arrange for him to "evaluate" Pilium. I did not answer his comment post and then an hour later he deleted it.

Here was my response (that kept getting deleted) but is now in the comment section under the video.

I apologize for posting all over this comment section but Jay keeps deleting my post below, so the only way to get readers to hear the truth is to keep positing it, until he deletes it again. I have posted the below 25+ times now and Jay continues to delete it.

Hi, yes Jay did a video of the Bayz/Pilium room at Axpona which was sponsored and manned by Rhapsody and the Chicago Rhapsody location.. Jay hated the sound, his opinion, nothing wrong with someone's opinion.----Rhapsody had paid a deposit for a 2022 Alsyvox room, but there were not any rooms available that we could fit the Botticelli into at the show. We chose to do the Bayz room instead for this show. Rhapsody did a large Alsyvox room at the last RMAF show. Alsyvox was also shown at the recent Souther Cal show.-------Rhapsody has six locations across the US. All of the locations are known as Rhapsody Listening Rooms (RLRs). Anyone can see the locations and contact information for the RLR's at https://rhapsody.audio under the "Listening Rooms" tab.----For Mikey's information the Botticellis are $92,000 USD, not $130K. There are optional external crossovers that are $30K/pair. With the crossovers the price is $122K, but the B's by themselves are $92K with shipping/insurance included in the price.------Rhapsody has three support centers in the US for all of it's product, (Chicago, Brooklyn and San Francisco).----Pilium, Alsyvox, Bayz and Diesis are available at Rhapsody's SIX locations across the US for interested parties to visit and explore.-----Rhapsody also has Magico M9s at our Dallas location with a full Pilium set up driving the M9s. Magico has a full Pilium set of electronics driving the Magico M9s in the factory showroom. This Pilium system has been installed driving the M9s for over a year now. If anyone is interested in further information about Rhapsody OR any of the products that Rhapsody represents please contact one of the Rhapsody Listening Rooms or send me an email via the Rhapsody.Audio site, where the email is listed. All the best, Bob Visinainer
Saw your comment. Jay is throwing a hissy fit because no one will let him out of the sand-pit. This is not the way to build bridges. He would do well to grow up and listen to others a little bit more.

Atmasphere

Industry Expert
May 4, 2010
St. Paul, MN
www.atma-sphere.com
Because the smaller brands are not (1) distinguished and differentiated enough, and (2) because they can’t reach a larger audience, they are doomed forever to mediocrity. And so is our industry .
This statement is false. Doomed to obscurity, perhaps; mediocrity is something completely other. I hope the reason anyone gets into the high end audio business is because they love music and not anything else! Otherwise they are likely to be disappointed...

If you do it for money, that is what dooms you to mediocrity!

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
This statement is false. Doomed to obscurity, perhaps; mediocrity is something completely other. I hope the reason anyone gets into the high end audio business is because they love music and not anything else! Otherwise they are likely to be disappointed...

I agree totally. The internet and forums like this have given exposure to many smaller companies that perhaps the press and the older large dealers don't follow. It is difficult with newer brands or brands that are new to the US market to get representation and to get reviews from the major reviewers. This was discussed in Roy Gregory's article on another thread. There is truth in that but good products find a path and not everyone is trying to get rich or be number 1.
Some of us and happy with growing organically and will slowly find the right way to get more exposure. There are many of these companies that IMO that equal or surpass the performance of the "big/better known" brands,

There is a lot of rumor and innuendo that is expressed online which is just not factual. Many have no idea how the industry works yet that doesn't stop them from making non truthful statements and theories.

caesar

May 30, 2010

Yes, if you are taking that quote out of context, I would agree with you. My use of term of mediocrity refers to business performance. I will clarify.

But if you read my post as a whole, my obvious message is that the big , popular hifi brands suck and don't sound like music. Otherwise, the high end industry would be much larger, with all the millionaires and billionaires minted in recent years, and with music being such a large industry. It is the smaller brands that have the performance but don't get the oxygen to succeed.

And again, it's worth stressing that the smaller brands, without differentiation and if they can't get through to a larger audience, they have no shot. In this industry, it is only a small number of players who attract most of the fanfare and earn most of the money.

Just an economic reality. Economics is a hidden order. It exists whether people realize or not. All smaller and newer brands can ignore at their risk.

Last edited:

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
if the **** measuring contest is over we could get back to the thread?

Reactions: Alrainbow

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Saw your comment. Jay is throwing a hissy fit because no one will let him out of the sand-pit. This is not the way to build bridges. He would do well to grow up and listen to others a little bit more.

It's funny he is running a YT expert channel and charging 200 an hour and hasn't seen three of the biggest brands in hifi: Dartzeel 468, Alsyvox, and Rhapsody

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
It's funny he is running a YT expert channel and charging 200 an hour and hasn't seen three of the biggest brands in hifi: Dartzeel 468, Alsyvox, and Rhapsody

I know of ( YT ) "experts" who don t even have a system themselves
At least he puts his money where his mouth is.

Ked you re making it too easy for me

• Haha
Reactions: adyc

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I know of ( YT ) "experts" who don t even have system themselves
At least he puts his money where his mouth is.

Ked you re making it too easy for me

I have told you before, I have zero interest in exchanging any messages with you. I haven't replied to a single post from you in months. Please stop pulling me in context

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I have told you before, I have zero interest in exchanging any messages with you. I haven't replied to a single post from you in months. Please stop pulling me in context
The ignore-function works wonders ;)

Reactions: rbbert and PeterA

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Your wish……

my best musical moment of Axpona so far was this album…..played in this room. Mono on a Miyajima Infinity Mono .7mil cart.

no surprise there. Jeff’s rooms always have the best music at shows.

View attachment 91958 View attachment 91959 View attachment 91960

There's a Kevin Gray mastered and RTI pressed LP of "Hi Fi In Focus" that is quite good, along with the companion record "Chet Atkin's Workshop" both available from Amazon:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
There's a Kevin Gray mastered and RTI pressed LP of "Hi Fi In Focus" that is quite good, along with the companion record "Chet Atkin's Workshop" both available from Amazon:

yes, thanks. i did see that.

i was able to buy an original mono RCA pressing, and play it on my Miyajima Infinity mono 1.0mil. it is awesome sounding. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing