Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Who is going to AXPONA 2023?

Reactions: sonner and dgale

davidavdavid

Jun 30, 2014
Columbus, Ohio, USA
david.com
I'll go to the foot of my stairs. Don't tell me you're going!!! And here I thought it was going to be safe for me this year. Ok, come clean. To whom did you lose such a colossal bet?

I thought we'd eventually meet in person one day, but NOT like this.

#thebestlaidplans

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
I'll be going for the 3 days. I'm actually looking forward to it as I haven't been able to go since Covid hit the scene.
I enjoy talking with others who have a love of music and a passion for reproducing it in their homes.
I enjoy being able to see and listen to high end gear (even though it is not always in the best of conditions - due to room limitations, etc) that I cannot find locally to me.

I'd be interested in knowing who else is going and which exhibits you are most interested in :)

Best wishes,
Don

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I want to make sure I check out:

Alma
Alsyvox
Analysis Audio
atma-sphere
Bayz
Cardas
Claiysis
Bending Wave/Goebel
Edwardo's Pizza*
Gestalt
Iconoclast
Infigo
Joseph Cali Designs/Gryphon
Magnepan
MartinLogan
Robert Do
Triangle Art
United Home Audio
Von Schweikert
Westminster Lab
Upscale Audio

*The one thing, and the only thing, I miss about Chicago.

Last edited:

Audio 1

Jul 18, 2022
Naples, FL
Sounds like I need to try Edwardo’s Pizza next month!

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Reactions: gestalt

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
That's a great list!

I'm looking forward to visiting...

Aric Audio
Atma-sphere
Artisan Fidelity
Axiss Audio
Bayz Audio
Border Patrol
Convergent Audio Technology
Esoteric
Gestalt Audio
GTT Audio
High Water Sound
J Sikora
Kuzma
Prana Fidelity
Quintessence Audio
Robert Do
Sota Turntables
Triangle Art
Ultra Fidelis Audio
Western Electric
Westminster Lab

P.S. Edwardo's is great pizza.... I also love Gino's Pizza too :)

Best wishes,
Don

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
One thing I am getting a bit disappointed about is that it seems that there will be far fewer rooms than in the past playing vinyl.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Is Prana Distribution/Destination Audio bringing a big horn speaker?

Reactions: adamaley

davidavdavid

Jun 30, 2014
Columbus, Ohio, USA
david.com
Does anyone know if Aries Cerat will be represented?
Robert Do of California will be representing Aries Cerat. I spoke to him on the phone earlier this week. He'll be bringing quite a bit with him. Good luck with that ;) #weightyissues

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
One thing I am getting a bit disappointed about is that it seems that there will be far fewer rooms than in the past playing vinyl.
Well, you definitely don't want to miss Jeff at the High Water Sound room. He always has some of the best sound at these shows, always plays vinyl with the very best recordings with genres that will please everyone. He plays "real" music on great gear.

In his email to me he said he will have the following set up...

"For sure there will be the new Cessaro Opus with matching subs. They arrived yesterday!

There will also, be the TW LS-3 table with maybe, 3 different arms and cartridges.

Electronics will most likely be my go to TW 300B, Line and Phono.

Cables will be Stein Music and Dalby Audio Design."

Best wishes,
Don

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
I am planning on being at AXPONA. Looking forward to having fun listening to some nice systems. Maybe I will run into some of you.

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
Lottsa pizza in Schaumberg / No. Chicago area, but only one Bob Chin's Crabhouse.

393 S Milwaukee Ave, Wheeling, IL 60090 -- just a touch north of Schaumberg.
Absolutely, Bob Chin's is awesome! I haven't been there for several years, but remember being able to pick out this Monster Crab right from the tank. When I first saw it in the tank it just looked like a big rock... but then it moved:eek: I'm not kidding.... the "wingspan" so to speak of the legs practically took up the whole table :D I can't remember what kind of crab it was, other than they said it was a Monster Lobster Eating Crab, and by the looks of it I would believe it!

I never experienced anything like that before or since. I wonder if they still have it... if so, that might just be the highlight of my weekend;)

Best wishes,
Don

Last edited:
Reactions: tima

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
I'll be visiting after a long hiatus away from the show. I may just sprint into the city one evening and take in Hugo's Frog Bar for dinner and some jazz. Perhaps, run into some folks at the show.

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
For all those planning on attending AXPONA 2023, I have compiled from the website and data made available to me: working lists of the show exhibitors. There are two lists within the linked file. 1 - sorted alphabetically by exhibitor name. 2 - sorted in ascending order by location (room)

WBF AXPONA 2023 Exhibitor List

I'll keep these up on my server until the last day of the show.
Thank you David for taking the time to create such amazing lists and sharing them with us all. This will help us have a very efficient experience at the show!

Best wishes,
Don

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing