Audionet support and contacts

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
I've owned the Audionet Max and the G2 Preamp for a few years now and had an issue with each amp. One yielded an error on shut down - "Discharge Malfunction", however it still operated fine and the other would not turn on. I shipped them to the GTT Audio - recommended repair center in AZ who reported that one had a blown internal fuse (the one that would not turn on) and the other required calibration of the quiescent current. Both were shipped back (a hefty cost of $1200 I might add as they built a custom crate for them). Upon receipt and unpacking I noticed the amp with the replaced fuse had something loose in it. I removed the top cover to find a fuse rolling around in the amp. Also, the other amp with the malfunction error code still displays the error. Both amps do function, the experience and remaining error code is frustrating to say the least.

The Audionet - certified repair shop has been less than helpful, the GTT audio dealer requested to be kept out of the situation and I've contacted Audionet via their web site multiple times with little to no support. I'm wondering if A) anyone else has had similar issues with Audionet gear b) similar experiences with Audionet repairs and c) if anyone might know of additional contacts at Audionet.

I very much enjoy the sound of Audionet gear, but their support, or lack thereof is atrocious IME. Any information would be very much appreciated.

Carlos269

Mar 21, 2012
I've owned the Audionet Max and the G2 Preamp for a few years now and had an issue with each amp. One yielded an error on shut down - "Discharge Malfunction", however it still operated fine and the other would not turn on. I shipped them to the GTT Audio - recommended repair center in AZ who reported that one had a blown internal fuse (the one that would not turn on) and the other required calibration of the quiescent current. Both were shipped back (a hefty cost of $1200 I might add as they built a custom crate for them). Upon receipt and unpacking I noticed the amp with the replaced fuse had something loose in it. I removed the top cover to find a fuse rolling around in the amp. Also, the other amp with the malfunction error code still displays the error. Both amps do function, the experience and remaining error code is frustrating to say the least.

The Audionet - certified repair shop has been less than helpful, the GTT audio dealer requested to be kept out of the situation and I've contacted Audionet via their web site multiple times with little to no support. I'm wondering if A) anyone else has had similar issues with Audionet gear b) similar experiences with Audionet repairs and c) if anyone might know of additional contacts at Audionet.

I very much enjoy the sound of Audionet gear, but their support, or lack thereof is atrocious IME. Any information would be very much appreciated.

I’m sorry to hear about this bad experience. Hopefully someone at AudioNet or GTT Audio will step up and make things right, soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: sbo6

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

That sucks. Excellent SS gear.

Reactions: DasguteOhr and sbo6

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
after audionet went bankrupt in 2018, it was difficult to get service for a while. I can only offer you reliable repair workshop in Germany. it will probably be very expensive to send the devices halfway around the world.

Reactions: rpk

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
What a coincidence this thread. But also a fine possibility to counter the lack of service by Audionet. Yesterday when starting up my Humboldt it showed the following message: ‘multiple errors left. More than one error detected.’ Well, I guess you all are familiar with the shock of audio failure:eek:. One thing to do, send an email. I received an answer within 20 minutes. A few questions were asked and answered and I received reset instructions. And voila: the return of audio nirvana:D (because that is what the Humboldt provides). Since then no problems. Does this mean that the problem is really solved? I do not know, we’ll see. What this DOES mean is, that I am confident problems will be addressed should they (re)appear. Info: I live in the Netherlands and my mail went to Audionet directly in Germany.

Reactions: RussR and sbo6

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
What a coincidence this thread. But also a fine possibility to counter the lack of service by Audionet. Yesterday when starting up my Humboldt it showed the following message: ‘multiple errors left. More than one error detected.’ Well, I guess you all are familiar with the shock of audio failure:eek:. One thing to do, send an email. I received an answer within 20 minutes. A few questions were asked and answered and I received reset instructions. And voila: the return of audio nirvana:D (because that is what the Humboldt provides). Since then no problems. Does this mean that the problem is really solved? I do not know, we’ll see. What this DOES mean is, that I am confident problems will be addressed should they (re)appear. Info: I live in the Netherlands and my mail went to Audionet directly in Germany.

so you have audionet instead of the spectral in your signature? What speakers

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
so you have audionet instead of the spectral in your signature? What speakers
Hi there, I hadn’t updated my signature for quite some time now. Up-to-date now.

Reactions: bonzo75

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
I'm glad to hear of the quick reply and resolution on your part. Unfortunately, my emails have fallen on deaf ears (or I guess eyes).

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
I'm glad to hear of the quick reply and resolution on your part. Unfortunately, my emails have fallen on deaf ears (or I guess eyes).
I really hope someone steps in here to help you… customer support is everything. And it plays a big part in decision making. At least for me.

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
Painful. I would get onto GTT Audio. GTT audio actively promote the brand and you are not receiving adequate service. I would say they are in it up to their necks. Don't give them any wiggle room.

I had a poor product experience from a dealer and I wish I would have put the wood to them when I had the chance.

Hallmark

Aug 12, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
I've owned the Audionet Max Mono Block Amps and the Pre G2 Pre-Amp for a few years now and had an issue within the warranty period with the Pre G2 Preamp, whereby I upgraded my XLR Connection Cables and tried to remove my old Wireworld XLR cables. One XLR cable was unable to be removed from the Pre-Amp XLR connection socket, as the release latch not working properly and releasing the XLR cable for removal.
I contacted my New Zealand retail distributor who then immediately contacted AudioNET in Germany who agreed to ship two replacement Pre-Amp XLR connected plugs which were promptly delivered via courier and they also allowed for a New Zealand local electronics repairer to open up the Preamp and allow them to internally release the XLR connection plug and then replace the faulty XLR connection plug.
It now works perfectly without any further issues and no complaints with AudioNET customer support and after sales service.
I very much enjoy the sound of AudioNET hi-fi gear connected to my Wilson Audio Sasha DAW Speakers.

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
I've owned the Audionet Max Mono Block Amps and the Pre G2 Pre-Amp for a few years now and had an issue within the warranty period with the Pre G2 Preamp, whereby I upgraded my XLR Connection Cables and tried to remove my old Wireworld XLR cables. One XLR cable was unable to be removed from the Pre-Amp XLR connection socket, as the release latch not working properly and releasing the XLR cable for removal.
I contacted my New Zealand retail distributor who then immediately contacted AudioNET in Germany who agreed to ship two replacement Pre-Amp XLR connected plugs which were promptly delivered via courier and they also allowed for a New Zealand local electronics repairer to open up the Preamp and allow them to internally release the XLR connection plug and then replace the faulty XLR connection plug.
It now works perfectly without any further issues and no complaints with AudioNET customer support and after sales service.
I very much enjoy the sound of AudioNET hi-fi gear connected to my Wilson Audio Sasha DAW Speakers.
I'm happy to hear of the support you received, however, I still have an amp with an error code waiting for a pcb from Audionet which I'm expected to pay $1700 for an issue that was misdiagnosed and never repaired. I notified the dealer back in May so 3 1/2 months later, still not fixed and assuming this board does the trick it will have cost me about $5000 USD. And that's with me installing the replacement pcb. Complete mess IME.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing