Audience AU24 SE-SX line of cables

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I'd like to have feedbacks from users of Audience top of the line cables, interconnects, speaker cables and power chords.
They seem to have some of the best performance/price ratio on the market.
Please share your experience compared to other cable manufacturers.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Mr McD swung by Manila a couple years ago and he personally gave me an audition of the then new SXs. Actually they were so new, the IC jackets were different from what ended up as the production versions. For fun I happened to have a loom of original Au24s (yes the super skinny ones) and we shot them out.

The Audience has certainly come a long way. Au's have always been very sweet cables. The SX series added extension and richer lower mid and bass harmonics. Not perhaps as refined as some of the eyewatering competition but surely more than capable in very resolving systems. To hear them at their best, particularly the power cords, I would recommend matching them with Audience's own power line protection/conditioning. Don't skimp either. Go for the Teflon models.

IMO they represent very good value and the unobtrusive looks will surely be a plus for anyone who desires a neat looking system. Audition if you can. They are one of my default recommendations for customers that as yet can't afford what we offer. I've had zero complaints.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
So far about 9/10 of folks trying my cables like my D4 or D5 better vs Au24 SE or SX. Not sure about their new "Front Row" cables. The only person so far who likes the SX better is Jay from AudioBacon, but he prefers warmth and doesn't care about resolution and soundstaging as much as achieving a tone he feels is proper. This is different from my philosophy of tone and resolution both being very important.

I offer free demos and you are more than welcome to compare my cables vs whatever you like.

RnRmf

Apr 29, 2015
I'ver auditioned the last two Audience top lines of cables in my system - SX, and whatever was at the top of the line, before that - and I've never been more than lukewarm about them. It's not that they did anything wrong, but that they didn't do anything better than any other cable I would be auditioning, be it Shunyata, Wireworld, Furutech, Cardas, or Audioquest, etc. After every audition, I could always pick a cable that I liked more.

Nonetheless, I am interested in checking out the Frontrow series and I'm planning an audition. It seems that Audience uses quality materials so improved execution of their latest design interests me enough to audition them.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
My only quip with Audience is they are poor marketers with confusing nomenclature. They should have moved to the AU-25 or something fresh then a mish mash of confusing letters

Reactions: bonzo75 and bazelio

pke10000

Jan 22, 2018
I've ever used AU24SE power and inter cables. Those had good bass punch, good high without hesitatio and well balance, but no texture.
I think their cable was enough valuable, but from their old au24, au24se, au24sei, au24sx are using same cables, just connector has changed.
I think it is better to buy old and cheap au24 then change the connectors.

Sa683s

Jun 26, 2017
I use both 24SX and Nordost V2 in my system, 24SX has less impact and resolution than V2. But it makes instruments sound more real, more relaxing for long hour listening.

Reactions: bonzo75

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My only quip with Audience is they are poor marketers with confusing nomenclature. They should have moved to the AU-25 or something fresh then a mish mash of confusing letters

I did ask Jim about that. He said they are kinda stuck because Au is Gold and well, 24 is 24k. No changing he said.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I use both 24SX and Nordost V2 in my system, 24SX has less impact and resolution than V2. But it makes instruments sound more real, more relaxing for long hour listening.

I compared the 24 se signal loom to Odin. The audience was much more natural though less detailed. The Odin created very artificial soundstage and tone

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing