May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I ordered this, but I'm waiting for the chegue to clear:rolleyes:

Give or take a few bucks...$540,000

Aston Martin V12 &#9.jpg

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Aston Martin introduced the car at a screening in La Jolla a few days ago. I was going to go to the event...held at an $19M dollar home that is aptly called 'The Razor', but couldn't break away in time:(

One of my friends did go and told me the car was pretty amazing. They introduced the car with a roar of the engine and to much applause. Apparently at the event they also had several AM Rapide's and Vantages, etc.
Interestingly, one of the Zagato's was ordered at the event....presumably as a gift for the 'girlfriend':eek:

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
John

Is that in USD or Canadian funds

I think the more appropriate question is, it that from the Canadian AM site... ok I checked AM site, they have no configurator but will imagine they are no different from Porsche.

Canadian dollar is above par vs US $ for the most part of the last 12 months, but on Porsche Canada configurator - GT2 RS is Cd $279.9k, Posche US says $ 245k...

go figure... the only alibi I can get from our local Porsche dealer is US is Porsche's biggest market, that's it cheaper to buy it in the US than the rest of the world, including Germany..

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I know that many super cars can run rings around Astons but for some reason, Aston is the make that gets my heart racing. I'd lose the wing on this one but it IS definitely gorgeous.

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..

Enatai252

Mar 2, 2013
Pacific NW
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

i bought the cheaper version....V12 Vantage....replaced my 911 C4s w/powerkit.

I absolutely love this car...highly recommended...but no longer in production

Last edited:

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Sweet! :D

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Enatai252

Mar 2, 2013
Pacific NW
-- No bad, except for the color. ;) ...And those four holes on the hood. :D

* Do you work for a bank?

Cheers,
Bob

EDIT: I swear, I didn't look at your profile. ...Only after my post.

Thanks for commenting Bob...the color is Tungsten Silver and one of my favorites....pictures make it tough to appreciate. WRT the bonnet vents....there are others that share your view...and carbon in general turns off some. I am not as bothered by them and they keep the V12 cool and a small price to pay for enjoying the V12 sound. Some owners of this car had the vents painted body color. IMO this car is one of the gems of the current AM lineup....but not if you are looking for more of a true GT....the new DB9, outgoing DBS or new Vanquish serve that purpose better

I was looking to stay with a 6speed manual...and prefer the smaller vantage body.

I don't work at a bank...typically wear Jeans to work

Last edited:

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I guess someone decided that honesty is sometimes best left at the door or erased entirely when foot gets inserted.

I love your V12 Vantage....perfect colour....holes and all!;)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Thanks for commenting Bob...the color is Tungsten Silver and one of my favorites....pictures make it tough to appreciate. WRT the bonnet vents....there are others that share your view...and carbon in general turns off some. I am not as bothered by them and they keep the V12 cool and a small price to pay for enjoying the V12 sound. Some owners of this car had the vents painted body color. IMO this car is one of the gems of the current AM lineup....but not if you are looking for more of a true GT....the new DB9, outgoing DBS or new Vanquish serve that purpose better

I was looking to stay with a 6speed manual...and prefer the smaller vantage body.

I don't work at a bank...typically wear Jeans to work

Thank you for your reply back Enatai. Yes, I think I know what you mean regarding the color from just a photograph.
It is nice indeed, like silver bullet with that touch of bronze.
And I also know what you mean with the roar of your V12 engine through the four vents. :cool:

I do prefer the Vanquish myself; it's a personal taste.

* I did mention a 'bank' out of the blue, and only after the fact did I learn about you being into 'Finance'.
{Nice to wear jeans to go to work.}

Somehow my post got deleted; perhaps I did it accidentally myself, in case you disagreed with my opinion. ;)

Still, I would drive that Zagato from the first original post of this thread; that's only me, and my lady. :b ...Or a Vanquish, or a Bugatti Veyron. ...Love Burgundy red color.

Very best regards,
Bob

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing