Antipodes OLADRA or K50

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
Hello friends,

I would like to know who has experience and can give honest impressions about:

Antipodes OLADRA or K50

And has anyone compared them and can give an honest opinion?

I am interested in it mainly because it contains a very high quality server and streaming capabilities that some say are the highest, depending on who you ask...

Currently I do not have a Streamer (In the past I had some Streamers like MSB's Renderer, also dedicated ones sough as ROON LABS NUCLEUS & Rockna Wavedream Net, and Lumin U2/T2 and more...
I always preferred the quality of my Server By far..,

my current SERVER is the , Request Audio - The Raptor (15,000$ - server only)
With its high-quality LAN cable (The Lan Wizard - $2500) and Stabilian Quatro isolations (about $2000 for 3 units)
it is extremely difficult to defeat the Raptor in its own court, A dedicated server,
but its storage is running out, therefore looking for alternatives at its level and beyond , and a full ROON capacities in its highest level possible, and a unit that will already meet all needs at the highest level.
BEST ALL IN ONE DIGITAL ONLY.

Additionally I would be happy to know, if anyone has connected an Antipodes OLADRA or K50 to a my Current DAC the Golden Gate balance or the Pacific/Horizon balance by Lampizator.

My dealer, who represents most of my equipment and I trust him a lot,
highly recommends the Antipodes OLADRA and even preferred him as a server over the Raptor which is for me - A GOOD TO GO Before audition's.

In addition, he preferred Antipodes OLADRA's streaming capabilities over every streamer he compared (including Renderer II in MSB Reference / digital director, which he also represents and Highly Recommended)

10x in advanced.

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Hello friends,

I would like to know who has experience and can give honest impressions about:

Antipodes OLADRA or K50

And has anyone compared them and can give an honest opinion?

I am interested in it mainly because it contains a very high quality server and streaming capabilities that some say are the highest, depending on who you ask...

Currently I do not have a Streamer (In the past I had some Streamers like MSB's Renderer, also dedicated ones sough as ROON LABS NUCLEUS & Rockna Wavedream Net, and Lumin U2/T2 and more...
I always preferred the quality of my Server By far..,

my current SERVER is the , Request Audio - The Raptor (15,000$ - server only)
With its high-quality LAN cable (The Lan Wizard - $2500) and Stabilian Quatro isolations (about $2000 for 3 units)
it is extremely difficult to defeat the Raptor in its own court, A dedicated server,
but its storage is running out, therefore looking for alternatives at its level and beyond , and a full ROON capacities in its highest level possible, and a unit that will already meet all needs at the highest level.
BEST ALL IN ONE DIGITAL ONLY.

Additionally I would be happy to know, if anyone has connected an Antipodes OLADRA or K50 to a my Current DAC the Golden Gate balance or the Pacific/Horizon balance by Lampizator.

My dealer, who represents most of my equipment and I trust him a lot,
highly recommends the Antipodes OLADRA and even preferred him as a server over the Raptor which is for me - A GOOD TO GO Before audition's.

In addition, he preferred Antipodes OLADRA's streaming capabilities over every streamer he compared (including Renderer II in MSB Reference / digital director, which he also represents and Highly Recommended)

10x in advanced.
If you compare them you must be sure that both are the same generation devices (G4).
You find some comparisons here:

Matt

Reactions: OLADRA and itay123

acg

Dec 25, 2013
@gentcan Kev, no, not yet. I intend to do so but Antipodes have withdrawn support from the Australian distibutor and I am waiting for the dust to settle. Somehow, it seems as though my dealer is still an Antipodes dealer so will probably do the deed next month through them. Must say I am looking forward to the upgraded USB output and seeing if it can best or even match AES to the Kass.

gentcan

Jun 15, 2022
@acg . Yeah I got mine from Rom but already paid for mine. I’m using AES so not sure it’s an upgrade or not. Thanks

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing