Ansuz A2 vs C2

Griff500

Apr 10, 2021
Has anyone compare A2 to C2?

I am using an A2 distributor and A2 mains cable to the distributor. I am considering upgrading either the power cable or both the distributor and power cable to C2 but I'm wondering what improvements I should expect for the £3,250 upgrade cost that I have been offered.

I am assuming that my system can reveal any differences that the C2 might provide.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on this.

Reactions: Magnuska

3125simon

Apr 26, 2020
Uk
Has anyone compare A2 to C2?

I am using an A2 distributor and A2 mains cable to the distributor. I am considering upgrading either the power cable or both the distributor and power cable to C2 but I'm wondering what improvements I should expect for the £3,250 upgrade cost that I have been offered.

I am assuming that my system can reveal any differences that the C2 might provide.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on this.
I have C2 (distribution box) and
Mainz cables from the distribution box to the equipment.

I swapped the cable from the wall to the distribution box from a C2 to a D2 and this was a substantial improvement.

depending on which dealer your using, you should be able to get a home demo if you are in the UK.

I also swapped my uk wall socket to an EU (not fused) using Furutech NFC, again big improvement and very easy to do.
Very big improvement on EU to adapter to UK socket....

when I first had a demo of Ansuz, the dealer showed me A2 including interconnects, as well as C, D and STC.

the C was for me the sweat spot and much better than A and closer to D without being too crazy expensive...

I’d try the first wire to the wall first...: and the UK socket if that’s what you are using.

Don’t that C etc come with Uk plug. EU a is a better sounding solution if you can change your wall socket... adapters are not good.

Griff500

Apr 10, 2021
Thanks.

It sounds like the C2 would be a worthwhile upgrade then. Schuko is fine - it will all be moved to Czech shortly..

Griff500

Apr 10, 2021
I upgraded to C2 distributor and power cable and I am happy with this. I have two more C2 power cables on their way to try with my amplification (active speakers) and I'll also see what difference it makes to the DAC.

I am considering whether to upgrade further power cables or try a C2 XLR set for the active speakers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing