Analog Compares with Cessaro Zeta

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Additionally, Bill lost the red sparrow magic after he moved to the horning sati and SME V

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
Thales statement is getting thunderous bass with it on Magico M9 with the subs
I heard red sparrow on Thales couple of times. very mediocre, nothing special. IMHO Thales is not a perfect match for red sparrow. considering good synergy between linear tracker and red sparrow I thought maybe red sparrow needs too much damping on the tonearm.

Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Additionally, on A2B2 which is the piano video, the vyger RS leading attack is also better, which is actually a vdh strength.

also note the nuances in A1, the inflections, as well as on all the other jazz videos on the other thread, which is usually a vdh strength. That liveliness and impact is also a vdh strength. So you can imagine how good the vyger RS is. It is not like this is against a koetsu with a mismatched arm

Reactions: mtemur

Jeffy

Apr 27, 2014
Orchard Lake, MI
I heard the Sparrow in my system and also found it to be a little thin and lacking in the bass. I also could not get rid of a slight hum.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I heard the Sparrow in my system and also found it to be a little thin and lacking in the bass. I also could not get rid of a slight hum.

what arm and phono

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Vyger Red Sparrow. 3/3. Vs Techdas AF3 premium with SME 3012r and Master Signature Stradivarius. We preferred that much more due to the flow and just getting into the music. While the vdh also sounds great, it does have some stop start, and the flow is what I prefer on the Vyger. Also on B2 you can hear just so much more into piano. And on A3, the cello at the end flows more.

Pics here https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/zero-distortion-vyger.35529/post-841804
The Vyger Red Sparrow is just in the flow better… tracks the performance more immediately and just more in tune with the performance… makes this the more connective combination, very impressed but also super impressed with Jeroen’s system as a whole, these are great video shares thanks Ked.

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The Vyger Red Sparrow is just in the flow better… tracks the performance more immediately and in tune with the performance… makes it the more connective combination, very impressed but also super impressed with Jeroen’s system as a whole, these are great video shares thanks Ked

That's the ideal assessment. I am glad I could capture these videos to highlight that. Your comment gets the whole point of it. It ticks the attributes and gets into the musical flow most naturally causing the emotion. While listening it becomes so obvious I thought taking it on video might make it clear, but the level of insight and feedback through videos of people who have no experience with it is higher than I expected. Another guy not on the forum also got 4/4 for Vyger, and he has never heard it in person. Awsmone also selected Vyger on all.

TZBC 4/4 Vyger. Only digital people like Jazzhead 3/4 Vyger, samsoum 4/4 Vyger.

Last edited:
Reactions: the sound of Tao

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
That's the ideal assessment. I am glad I could capture these videos to highlight that. Your comment gets the whole point of it. It ticks the attributes and gets into the musical flow most naturally causing the emotion. While listening it becomes so obvious I thought taking it on video might make it clear, but the level of insight and feedback through videos of people who have no experience with it is higher than I expected. Another guy not on the forum also got 4/4 for Vyger, and he has never heard it in person. Awsmone also selected Vyger on all.

I am waiting for a VYGER video from Bob west coast.

How does the third table sound compared to the other two?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I am waiting for a VYGER video from Bob west coast.

How does the third table sound compared to the other two?

The Grado Epoch 3 cart was very good. I think it will work for Ron. I haven't compared it to Opus but Jeroen did and he rates Opus 8 on 10 and Grado 9, and both he and I feel vdh, and Vyger RS can go above 10 (and I feel same about DaVa). All of his sources were good.

Reactions: PeterA

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
And we now have the Red Sparrow with vyger on Magico M9 at Rhapsody Dallas. Will be interesting to hear the combo on something different from SETs horns

334AEA97-475E-4009-A7F1-302DD563A247.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing