An Unexpected Champion : Intona Ultimate USB Cable

Ultrafast69

VIP/Donor
Aug 27, 2018
Seattle, WA
www.audio-ultra.com
I shifted from connecting via AES under an old configuration/setup to USB for asynchronous connection and better use of the DACs ability. Along the way I have tried several USB cables that varied in sound quality, they all seem to leave a signature for a lack of better term. After three brands, I was content where I landed, then Intona came up, so I decided this was to be the last cable. The Intona took the cake sounding clean, and neutral from the various others that were all good, it was just Intona helped present the overall sound in a much more agreeable fashion to my ears. In terms of build quality, it is the best of the bunch I have tried, and I do keep them short as possible preferably at 1M or less. Here are the three lines from Intona including their USB Isolator and Ethernet Switch, which I have yet to give an honest opinion on.

I hope this helps be of support.

Attachments

• IMG_8757.jpeg
    IMG_8757.jpeg
    635.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_8759.jpeg
    IMG_8759.jpeg
    605.2 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: CKKeung

romaz

Oct 7, 2015
I shifted from connecting via AES under an old configuration/setup to USB for asynchronous connection and better use of the DACs ability. Along the way I have tried several USB cables that varied in sound quality, they all seem to leave a signature for a lack of better term. After three brands, I was content where I landed, then Intona came up, so I decided this was to be the last cable. The Intona took the cake sounding clean, and neutral from the various others that were all good, it was just Intona helped present the overall sound in a much more agreeable fashion to my ears. In terms of build quality, it is the best of the bunch I have tried, and I do keep them short as possible preferably at 1M or less. Here are the three lines from Intona including their USB Isolator and Ethernet Switch, which I have yet to give an honest opinion on.

I hope this helps be of support.

Since you work with Taiko Audio, you might want to speak to Emile about using as "short as possible preferably at 1M or less" Intona USB cable. This remains Emile's reference USB cable and he insists the longer Intona Ultimate USB cable (>1.5m) sounds better than the shorter cables but they are harder to source and much more expensive. I still own the 0.5m Intona Ultimate and I find it's performance lacking when compared against the Sablon USB cable (latest version). There are several manufacturers who will tell you shorter cables don't always sound better.

Ultrafast69

VIP/Donor
Aug 27, 2018
Seattle, WA
www.audio-ultra.com
Since you work with Taiko Audio, you might want to speak to Emile about using as "short as possible preferably at 1M or less" Intona USB cable. This remains Emile's reference USB cable and he insists the longer Intona Ultimate USB cable (>1.5m) sounds better than the shorter cables but they are harder to source and much more expensive. I still own the 0.5m Intona Ultimate and I find it's performance lacking when compared against the Sablon USB cable (latest version). There are several manufacturers who will tell you shorter cables don't always sound better.
Thanks for the info, I will look further into this along with doing a comparison and report back.

Reactions: CKKeung

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Can someone tell me how to purchase the Intona Ultimate USB cable? Intona's website doesn't seem to include a way to order and doesn't mention any distributors or dealers.

Thanks.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Can someone tell me how to purchase the Intona Ultimate USB cable? Intona's website doesn't seem to include a way to order and doesn't mention any distributors or dealers.

Thanks.
Under Company on the Intona site there is a drop down with "Where to buy"

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing