Alsyvox planars...prepare to sell your Magico's, YG's, Wilson's, Cessaro's. Maggie's, and all others!!

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Asylvox are more transparent over all.
it’s more then magnets I’ve heard them many times and while Appogee’s push air the asylvox play a more complete musical sound.
apps don’t have the same magnet structure but I’m going into this.
The term hard to drive or easy to drive is used most times in an incorrect way.
you can have the power of 1000 watts on a 96db speaker and still have a difficult time
there are many factors involved. I love apps and my IRS V are not apps and closer to asylvox I feel. Not sound but principle of moving air.
At axpona I can’t wait to hear all the various speakers put to the test

Reactions: christoph

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
The force (which moves the film which pushes the air) is proportional to the product of the current and the magnetic field. Alsyvox implements a much stronger magnetic field than the older planar manufacturers (not just Apogee but also Magnepan, etc.)
Exactly well said.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Short Take from the latest issue of Tone Audio's latest issue #116, which can be downloaded here -https://www.tonepublications.com/MAGPDF/TA_116A.pdf 1681220539878.png

Had this been a full-blown review, I'd certainly have tried these speakers with about ten different amplifiers, including a 300B/SET just to try it out. Mr. Vineyard's system is excellent and more than up to the task, utilizing a dCS Rossini DAC with the Taiko Audio Extreme server, powered by a Pilium Alexander preamplifier and Achilles amplifier. A mixture of Shunyata, Transparent, and Nordost cables tie it all together with great success. An AMG Viella with an Etsuro gold cartridge and CS Port C3EQM2 phonostage took care of analog duties.
We listened to several tracks, digital and analog, both exceptionally rendered. Going through a round of blues, jazz and female vocals all prove enthralling. However, what proves the most impressive is how well the Botticelli's deliver the goods when listening to a modest recording. Vineyard chose to spin Bob Seeger's "Night Moves," from Night Moves, and it was incredible, with a fantastic sense of hall space, dynamics, and details. Having heard this so many times over the years, the amount of nuance in this recording I'd never heard before was exciting. Ditto for Jeff Beck's Live at Ronnie Scott's. Unfortunately, Jeff Beck would be no more a few days later.
The Botticelli X is a no regret speaker. (Truly in the context of a no regret system) How many times have you listened to a speaker and loved most aspects, but had that nagging "if it only did this right?" Not here. Great as the ribbons are for speed, and the ability to scale musically with ease, you'll be floored by the quality and quantity of low frequency information these speakers deliver. Even though they possess a crossover network with multiple driver panels, the Botticellis also deliver the seamlessness of a pure, full range ESL. They are by far one of the most natural sounding speakers going. And, they have the most horizontal dispersion going on in the panel speaker realm.
If you're on a quest for the final speaker, especially if you have gone the panel route and still haven't found what you're looking for, I suggest these. I could write thousands of words talking about this track, and that subtlety, but 30 seconds into your favorite track is all you'll need. You'll know right away. After living with every other panel, these speakers take you somewhere you've never been and that's what justifies writing the
big check. Considering the concierge service you will get from Rhapsody Audio, these speakers will deliver an otherworldly experience. They have TONE's "panel guy's" highest recommendation.

Mr. Vineyard provides the most engaging dealer presentation I've ever had the opportunity of experiencing. He's done it right, with a purpose-built room that sounds fantastic. This is truly the way to experience premium audio.

Rhapsody Audio NYC
212-229-1842
Rhapsody Out West 503-867-6755

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Asylvox are more transparent over all.
it’s more then magnets I’ve heard them many times and while Appogee’s push air the asylvox play a more complete musical sound.
apps don’t have the same magnet structure but I’m going into this.
The term hard to drive or easy to drive is used most times in an incorrect way.
you can have the power of 1000 watts on a 96db speaker and still have a difficult time
there are many factors involved. I love apps and my IRS V are not apps and closer to asylvox I feel. Not sound but principle of moving air.
At axpona I can’t wait to hear all the various speakers put to the test
Wow...quite a statement. There are not many things in the world that can even approach the IRS V. I have never heard them but HAVE heard the Genesis 1s...different but I imagine far more similar than most any other speaker at least I personally have heard.

I wonder how you feel (or will feel when you've heard) the Raffaello which are the big panels. Combine the Raffaello with a Raffaello/Caravaggio standalone bass panel, and the I am really curious! But at least the Raffaello to start will do...please let us know when you've heard them!

Reactions: Alrainbow

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Short Take from the latest issue of Tone Audio's latest issue #116, which can be downloaded here -https://www.tonepublications.com/MAGPDF/TA_116A.pdf View attachment 107560

Had this been a full-blown review, I'd certainly have tried these speakers with about ten different amplifiers, including a 300B/SET just to try it out. Mr. Vineyard's system is excellent and more than up to the task, utilizing a dCS Rossini DAC with the Taiko Audio Extreme server, powered by a Plinium Alexander preamplifier and Achilles amplifier. A mixture of Shunyata, Transparent, and Nordost cables tie it all together with great success. An AMG Viella with an Etsuro gold cartridge and CS Port C3EQM2 phonostage took care of analog duties.
We listened to several tracks, digital and analog, both exceptionally rendered. Going through a round of blues, jazz and female vocals all prove enthralling. However, what proves the most impressive is how well the Botticelli's deliver the goods when listening to a modest recording. Vineyard chose to spin Bob Seeger's "Night Moves," from Night Moves, and it was incredible, with a fantastic sense of hall space, dynamics, and details. Having heard this so many times over the years, the amount of nuance in this recording I'd never heard before was exciting. Ditto for Jeff Beck's Live at Ronnie Scott's. Unfortunately, Jeff Beck would be no more a few days later.
The Botticelli X is a no regret speaker. (Truly in the context of a no regret system) How many times have you listened to a speaker and loved most aspects, but had that nagging "if it only did this right?" Not here. Great as the ribbons are for speed, and the ability to scale musically with ease, you'll be floored by the quality and quantity of low frequency information these speakers deliver. Even though they possess a crossover network with multiple driver panels, the Botticellis also deliver the seamlessness of a pure, full range ESL. They are by far one of the most natural sounding speakers going. And, they have the most horizontal dispersion going on in the panel speaker realm.
If you're on a quest for the final speaker, especially if you have gone the panel route and still haven't found what you're looking for, I suggest these. I could write thousands of words talking about this track, and that subtlety, but 30 seconds into your favorite track is all you'll need. You'll know right away. After living with every other panel, these speakers take you somewhere you've never been and that's what justifies writing the
big check. Considering the concierge service you will get from Rhapsody Audio, these speakers will deliver an otherworldly experience. They have TONE's "panel guy's" highest recommendation.
You left out the best part (imho ;) )…

Mr. Vineyard provides the most engaging dealer presentation I've ever had the opportunity of experiencing. He's done it right, with a purpose-built room that sounds fantastic. This is truly the way to experience premium audio.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
You left out the best part (imho ;) )…

I just edited it in!

gwalt

Jan 4, 2019
Short Take from the latest issue of Tone Audio's latest issue #116, which can be downloaded here -https://www.tonepublications.com/MAGPDF/TA_116A.pdf View attachment 107560

Had this been a full-blown review, I'd certainly have tried these speakers with about ten different amplifiers, including a 300B/SET just to try it out. Mr. Vineyard's system is excellent and more than up to the task, utilizing a dCS Rossini DAC with the Taiko Audio Extreme server, powered by a Pilium Alexander preamplifier and Achilles amplifier. A mixture of Shunyata, Transparent, and Nordost cables tie it all together with great success. An AMG Viella with an Etsuro gold cartridge and CS Port C3EQM2 phonostage took care of analog duties.

Bob,

Your rendition of the Alsyvox is spot on IMO and is very well put. Having been an audio guy demanding music to generate emotion these speakers get to a final stop of finding what I was after. Music emotion can be defined by each listener and no one can define it for them.

What a great feeling the final stop is since our lives are pretty short in reality and trading is a general nuisance.

I use Botticellis in a 19X30X9 room which allows them to "breath" and it is close to a hall presence of live music sound performance.
Potential owners just need to go hear them and decide for themselves.
Most listeners I have had in this room have said "I have never experienced home audio" sound like this. Several want to come listen to them regular since they cannot hear this in the Omaha NE, KC area.
I have a neighbor that does just that.

The Alsyvox is the sum of all the parts and is very well designed to accomplish musicality and (for me) emotion. No more to be said.

Take a listen and decide on your own can be my best and only advice.

gwalt

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Can someone share the US price list of the Asylvox TINTORETTO speakers.
And how they might compare to the Clarisys planer speaker?

ozzy

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

ozzy
Tintoretto's are $76,000 which includes shipping and import taxes. Optional external crossovers are available for $36,000/pair.

BillK

Aug 25, 2015

ozzy

You'll have to listen to both as some people will prefer one to the other.

I'm biased so I'd tell you to go with the Alsyvox. ;)

Reactions: Alrainbow

David Hyman

Oct 18, 2014
In the AlsyVox thread? Really?
you try to be accomodating here but on your own site with your DIY speakers, you are super dismissive of all all planars. feels like poor form.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
you try to be accomodating here but on your own site with your DIY speakers, you are super dismissive of all all planars. feels like poor form.
I think you might be confusing me with someone else? :oops:

Reactions: Lagonda

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
My speculator speculates that Alsyvox with its efficiency and flat impedance will honor most nearly all amplifiers and bring out their best. That's a huge plus, especially if you like fooling with switching amplifiers around. The smaller models could probably even operate effectively close field with 2A3 single ended.

It would be nice to hear someone get a small panel of listeners to review a pair with a range of amps, from fleas to transmitting triodes to push pull tube to SS toe stubbers in the same room and report on the results. Maybe some First Watt amps, too.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
  • Haha

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Reactions: Young Skywalker

David Hyman

Oct 18, 2014

David Hyman

Oct 18, 2014
Nice write up. Seems to align with what I heard listening to the Tintoretto. Interesting that he mentioned Rickie Lee Jones. One of the tracks I requested during my short demo was from Pop Pop. I know that album quite well and was able to hear right away how well the speakers reproduced everything including the bass, which can get a bit wooly in some systems. Dynamics were really good as well.
Up from the skies on pop pop is my bass test too for exactly the same reason! And I just got to test it on these speakers in Munich. It passed the test with such flying colors I'm buying a pair.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing