Alsyvox planars...prepare to sell your Magico's, YG's, Wilson's, Cessaro's. Maggie's, and all others!!

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Deletes what? What doesn't exist never existed
Except inside Justin's fevered imagination.

I also heard the Alsyvox Botticelli speakers (without external crossover) in Melbourne a few months ago. When I initially heard them they were set up with a lower end EMM Labs streamer / DAC and a Ypsilon integrated amplifier. While they sounded good, they sounded much better and in fact very good the following day when the dealer moved them to Ypsilon monblock amps, Ypsilon DAC and a Taiko streamer. The bass was the best I have heard from a speaker like this, and I really felt the speakers conveyed a sense of emotion and had excellent dynamics on the music that we played.

I think it’s not fair to compare two speakers in different environments using different electronics, cables etc. There are just way too many variables…while you may get a sense of a speaker, when you say you prefer one over another, it is the entire system that you prefer, not necessarily the speaker in isolation.

They certainly are not cheap speakers, but from what I heard over several hours they are very good speakers.
I’m listening to the Botticelli X now driven by German Physiks Emperor Amplifier thru EMM DAC2v2 NS1 Streamer, Ypsilon CDT100, Helix Two Schroder CB11 Koetsu Rosewood Signature, Sutherland Little Loco and now the speakers have been setup and run in am not lacking bass, imaging or audio heaven in any way. Slam and, heft are now in residence. Happy to let anyone addicted to audio come and listen. www.nirvana sound.com

AudioLibertarian

Dec 25, 2017
NEW YORK CITY
I’m listening to the Botticelli X now driven by German Physiks Emperor Amplifier thru EMM DAC2v2 NS1 Streamer, Ypsilon CDT100, Helix Two Schroder CB11 Koetsu Rosewood Signature, Sutherland Little Loco and now the speakers have been setup and run in am not lacking bass, imaging or audio heaven in any way. Slam and, heft are now in residence. Happy to let anyone addicted to audio come and listen. www.nirvana sound.com
How are you finding the German Physics Emperor amplifier' sound? Very rare beast in our neck of the woods, sadly....

We received it last week. Exceptional build quality as with anything Holger Muller snd German Physiks build. Integrated amp can function as preamp with added mono blocks so a very clever approach. Also has ability to configure crossover frequencies to power amps. The sonics are impressive. Huge headroom and grip. Open sound not cold or icy or brittle. Tonally accurate. Fast impressive dynamics. Hugh Masekela Hope album is played with no compression artifacts from amp. Imaging superb. I’d heard it in Vietnam preCovid with Holger explaining the design attributes. 70kg build. Able to drive any load. It’s worth an audition. Quality with no shortcuts.

AudioLibertarian

Dec 25, 2017
NEW YORK CITY
We received it last week. Exceptional build quality as with anything Holger Muller snd German Physiks build. Integrated amp can function as preamp with added mono blocks so a very clever approach. Also has ability to configure crossover frequencies to power amps. The sonics are impressive. Huge headroom and grip. Open sound not cold or icy or brittle. Tonally accurate. Fast impressive dynamics. Hugh Masekela Hope album is played with no compression artifacts from amp. Imaging superb. I’d heard it in Vietnam preCovid with Holger explaining the design attributes. 70kg build. Able to drive any load. It’s worth an audition. Quality with no shortcuts.
Any experience with their stereo & mono amps? The German Audio mag went gaga over the monoblocks declaring them the best they have ever heard, and those Germans at the Audio are usually pretty reserved. The G PH amps don't get much exposure in the US, unfortunately, as they could be fine alternative to most high power heavily advertised brands, at somewhat "sane" prices for the "reference" level of sound.

I noticed on a recent YouTube video the launch pad of the SN20 at Boca Chica had replaced 32 Raptor engines with 4 gimbal mounted German Physiks Emperor monoblocks.......T-minus 10 seconds and counting.....;-)

I have heard them in person. Analog presentation but with effortless power and grip. Holger is not one for superfluous conversation - either it is or it isn't "right". In this case it IS. The client base will build slowly through experienced listeners hearing the signature of the amps and making an informed choice. What impressed me is the lack of "brittle" I sometimes find in high power solid state or the colder clinical style. Also no compression artifacts evident which I hear on some amps when you push them. The Alsyvox benefit from the power and grip.

We had used a 120Watt amp to play the panels in Botticelli form during break in before the X crossover modules arrived. The Alieno amps are often paired with Alsyvox which also deliver 250-300 watts. We like them a lot too. We had the German Physiks Emperor already on order and paired it with the HRS130 and the Alsyvox Botticelli X when the Emperor arrived 2 weeks ago. Very happy with the results.

Alsyvox are truly impressive and I was already a huge fan of panels i.e Apogee's (personally owned Duetta, Duetta Sig, had friends with fully Graz rebuilt Scintilla's and the larger Graz variants who are getting amazing results) and Maggies (from Tympanie III to 20.7). I heard the Alsyvox two years running in Munich and BS tested them through a posse of international "trusted ears" who all concurred they were special. They are production ready, easy to install and the manufacturer is easy to deal with and very supportive. They need careful positioning (which speaker besides GP doesn't?) and the right balance of reflection and absorption in the room. In a generous room size they breathe and create a lifelike image which is what I love. They are keepers!

Try Brendan Perry - The Ark - Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea. An immersive experience!

Jul 20, 2021
UK
I noticed on a recent YouTube video the launch pad of the SN20 at Boca Chica had replaced 32 Raptor engines with 4 gimbal mounted German Physiks Emperor monoblocks.......T-minus 10 seconds and counting.....;-)
That was the plan, but we had trouble finding a long enough power cable to allow it to reach orbit.

Reactions: Lagonda
Jul 20, 2021
UK
How are you finding the German Physics Emperor amplifier' sound? Very rare beast in our neck of the woods, sadly....
Hello, I work for German Physiks. I see that you are in NY. We have a dealer in NJ called Distinctive Stereo. They have the Emperor preamplifier and Emperor stereo power amplifier. The Emperor integrated uses the electronics from these units, so is sonically the same. If you give Distinctive's owner, Laurence Borden, a call he will be happy to demonstrate them to you. He has a very well set-up showroom, with a wide range of high quality products and he is also a very nice chap and very knowledgeable. You can reach him on (201) 391-1411, or by email at info@distinctivestereo.com.

Robert Kelly

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Hello, I work for German Physiks. I see that you are in NY. We have a dealer in NJ called Distinctive Stereo. They have the Emperor preamplifier and Emperor stereo power amplifier. The Emperor integrated uses the electronics from these units, so is sonically the same. If you give Distinctive's owner, Laurence Borden, a call he will be happy to demonstrate them to you. He has a very well set-up showroom, with a wide range of high quality products and he is also a very nice chap and very knowledgeable. You can reach him on (201) 391-1411, or by email at info@distinctivestereo.com.

Robert Kelly

Welcome to WBF, Robert!

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia

Robert Kelly
Welcome Robert.

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia

I have heard them in person. Analog presentation but with effortless power and grip. Holger is not one for superfluous conversation - either it is or it isn't "right". In this case it IS. The client base will build slowly through experienced listeners hearing the signature of the amps and making an informed choice. What impressed me is the lack of "brittle" I sometimes find in high power solid state or the colder clinical style. Also no compression artifacts evident which I hear on some amps when you push them. The Alsyvox benefit from the power and grip.

We had used a 120Watt amp to play the panels in Botticelli form during break in before the X crossover modules arrived. The Alieno amps are often paired with Alsyvox which also deliver 250-300 watts. We like them a lot too. We had the German Physiks Emperor already on order and paired it with the HRS130 and the Alsyvox Botticelli X when the Emperor arrived 2 weeks ago. Very happy with the results.

Alsyvox are truly impressive and I was already a huge fan of panels i.e Apogee's (personally owned Duetta, Duetta Sig, had friends with fully Graz rebuilt Scintilla's and the larger Graz variants who are getting amazing results) and Maggies (from Tympanie III to 20.7). I heard the Alsyvox two years running in Munich and BS tested them through a posse of international "trusted ears" who all concurred they were special. They are production ready, easy to install and the manufacturer is easy to deal with and very supportive. They need careful positioning (which speaker besides GP doesn't?) and the right balance of reflection and absorption in the room. In a generous room size they breathe and create a lifelike image which is what I love. They are keepers!

Try Brendan Perry - The Ark - Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea. An immersive experience!
Welcome Dohmann.

Kris

Mar 4, 2019
So how many have actually sold their Magico, YG , Wilson ?
Or they are just still prepered to sell ?

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Sold Vivid G1 Giya Spirits.
That are no slouch either!

Which AlsyVox model did you get instead of the Giyas?
What amp did you use for the Giyas?
Are you still using the same amp for the AlsyVox?

Reactions: Kris

Kris

Mar 4, 2019
Those are actually one of the best overall performing speakers.
Can you rate both speakers in your opinion with Pros and cons of each ?
That can be very helpful to my choices

gwalt

Jan 4, 2019
Hey Bill,

I sold my Gamut RS7i's and my friend in Chicago sold his Magico Q3's.....both of us own the Botticelli........someday will add the X crossovers.
Lots of choices out there but the Alsyvox checked all the boxes.;)

Gwalt

Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing