AlsyVox Botticelli with external crossovers

gwalt

Jan 4, 2019
Well done Daniele, fine place !
I agree a very nice accomplishment to go along with the speakers.

Would it be possible as an owner of the speakers to get the dimensions of the room and the speakers final resting place from the front walls you arrived at in the picture if this was your most gratifying location? Also could you include any tricks that might of made the room perform better such as material build etc.

Was any special hook up wire used for dedicated lines if such was used.

Just asking this as both myself and a friend are building new rooms and both own the Botticelli's.

Many thanks,
Gary

Reactions: Rhapsody and PhP

PhP

Industry Expert
Nov 12, 2012
FRANCE
www.phpaudio.fr
I agree a very nice accomplishment to go along with the speakers.

Would it be possible as an owner of the speakers to get the dimensions of the room and the speakers final resting place from the front walls you arrived at in the picture if this was your most gratifying location? Also could you include any tricks that might of made the room perform better such as material build etc.

Was any special hook up wire used for dedicated lines if such was used.

Just asking this as both myself and a friend are building new rooms and both own the Botticelli's.

Many thanks,
Gary
ALSYVOX room is 60 sqm 10m long, 6m wide. I will tell you about speaker placement.

Reactions: gwalt and Rhapsody

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
A few more pics of the Alsyvox Botticellis in the new Alsyvox showroom, now Botticellis X's, with the external crossovers.

In addition to a the obvious benefit of taking any of the Alsyvox speakers to a higher sonic level, the external crossovers allow all models of Alsyvox speakers to be tuned for each listening room and also personal preference by allowing + or - db adjustments separately for the bass, midrange/tw and super tw ribbons.

The external crossovers can be added at any time and change from the internal to the external crossovers with the flip of a switch.
2WhatsApp Image 2022-01-01 at 6.44.44 AM.jpeg 3WhatsApp Image 2022-01-01 at 6.44.44 AM.jpeg 4.jpeg

Last edited:

gwalt

Jan 4, 2019
A few more pics of the Alsyvox Botticellis in the new Alsyvox showroom, now Botticellis X's, with the external crossovers.

In addition to a the obvious benefit of taking any of the Alsyvox speakers to a higher sonic level, the external crossovers allow all models of Alsyvox speakers to be tuned for each listening room and also personal preference by allowing + or - db adjustments separately for the bass, midrange/tw and super tw ribbons.

The external crossovers can be added at any time and change from the internal to the external crossovers with the flip of a switch.
View attachment 87365 View attachment 87366 View attachment 87367

Reactions: BillK

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Thank You for posting!
Hi Gary, Happy New Year! Especially to you who was the person that first turned me on to Alsyvox now a few years ago. Thank you:)

Hifi man

Dec 31, 2021

Incredibly beautiful speakers.i went to my local dealer and heard these speakers and now I’m saving up to buy a pair.

gwalt

Jan 4, 2019
Hi Gary, Happy New Year! Especially to you who was the person that first turned me on to Alsyvox now a few years ago. Thank you:)
Bob
I am glad the marriage between you and Alsyvox has such lasting implications.
It is such a good feeling to know that you as a dealer and the Aslyvox are very capable of creating such Emotion in this hobby that can add such positives to our lives and only a small percentage achieve.
Happy New Year to you also and Best Wishes to continued success.
Gary

PhP

Industry Expert
Nov 12, 2012
FRANCE
www.phpaudio.fr

Fine Job from Daniele.
Here we present ALSYVOX Botticelli X with PRANAWIRE Avatar II speaker cables. The demo system is quite different with WEISS und AUDIONET.

Attachments

• IMG_5787.jpeg
    IMG_5787.jpeg
    670.4 KB · Views: 54

PhP

Industry Expert
Nov 12, 2012
FRANCE
www.phpaudio.fr
ALSYVOX room is 60 sqm 10m long, 6m wide. I will tell you about speaker placement.
Here
Fine Job from Daniele.
Here we present ALSYVOX Botticelli X with PRANAWIRE Avatar II speaker cables. The demo system is quite different with WEISS und AUDIONET.

Here is the set up position in Valencia, in ALSYVOX new room.
60cm from side wall (outer edge), 26cm toe in, 305cm from front wall (inner edge).
In this way the distance between speakers is about 3.9m at the inner edges and listening position is at about 4.8m from the speakers.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
305 cm (10 feet) from the front wall is wonderful!

Reactions: Taiko Audio and PhP

PhP

Industry Expert
Nov 12, 2012
FRANCE
www.phpaudio.fr
Yes Ron, the room at ALSYVOX is 10m long (32,78 feet), this permits a huge soundstage .
At PHPAUDIO the room is much more confident but it works fine...

gwalt

Jan 4, 2019
Yes Ron, the room at ALSYVOX is 10m long (32,78 feet), this permits a huge soundstage .
At PHPAUDIO the room is much more confident but it works fine...
PhP

Thanks so much for this information. I know every room is different but outside this for Alsyvox owners Daniele explained on line to me that the best advice was to make sure the room was "tight" via 1.5 inches (triple) of drywall for example. Do what it takes to avoid any vibrating of the walls.
I am building a new room via a new house and dimensions thus far are 19' W x 30' L X 9' ceiling. 3 walls are 8 inch concrete insulated and drywalled and my 4th wall will be built with staggered studs then insulated and will attempt to triple up on the drywall.
Since Daniele knows the speakers capability I find this information very helpful.
As in all room environments, experimentation in all aspects of listening positions is most critical but starts with the room. As we all know everything in this crazy hobby matters. THANKS AGAIN.

Gary

PhP

Industry Expert
Nov 12, 2012
FRANCE
www.phpaudio.fr
PhP

Thanks so much for this information. I know every room is different but outside this for Alsyvox owners Daniele explained on line to me that the best advice was to make sure the room was "tight" via 1.5 inches (triple) of drywall for example. Do what it takes to avoid any vibrating of the walls.
I am building a new room via a new house and dimensions thus far are 19' W x 30' L X 9' ceiling. 3 walls are 8 inch concrete insulated and drywalled and my 4th wall will be built with staggered studs then insulated and will attempt to triple up on the drywall.
Since Daniele knows the speakers capability I find this information very helpful.
As in all room environments, experimentation in all aspects of listening positions is most critical but starts with the room. As we all know everything in this crazy hobby matters. THANKS AGAIN.

Gary
Gary

The dimensions are fine, not far from the gold ratio. Yes everything matters, especially the walls structure. My room is too small for my expectations and a new room will be built in 2025, in an other location. Same sum than you, more or less 40/45.
Have pleasure building a new room

Philippe

Reactions: gwalt

gwalt

Jan 4, 2019
Gary

The dimensions are fine, not far from the gold ratio. Yes everything matters, especially the walls structure. My room is too small for my expectations and a new room will be built in 2025, in an other location. Same sum than you, more or less 40/45.
Have pleasure building a new room

Philippe
PhP,

Know anyone who has experimented with various hookup wire to a dedicated circuit with its own circuit board? Most electricians use Romex with a designated value unless the client presents something other meeting code. Looking for ideas that make a notable difference. I am
using an HB Cable Design Marble after the connection.

Thanks,
Gary

Last edited:

PhP

Industry Expert
Nov 12, 2012
FRANCE
www.phpaudio.fr
PhP,

Know anyone who has experimented with various hookup wire to a dedicated circuit with its own circuit board? Most electricians use Romex with a designated value unless the client presents something other meeting code. Looking for ideas that make a notable difference. I am
using an HB Cable Design Marble after the connection.

Thanks,
Gary
Hi Gary

if you ask about dedicated AC line, I use JPS in wall cable with Furutech AC duplex. It is better than ordinary cable but not the best solution. JPS is to big in jauge, so very difficult to connect to wall AC plugs. Otherwise it is not as neutral as I would expect. I prefer pure copper wires from OYAIDE that is far better sounding. Acrolink is even better but if you need quite a lot of meters, Acrolink is expensive. For the AC wall plugs, Furutech NFC are fine. But there is a lot of improvement that could be made, like Audio Replas receptacle.
At this moment I prefer buying ultra fine AC cables that make a huge improvement in the music recreation.

Philippe

Reactions: gwalt

gwalt

Jan 4, 2019
Hi Gary

if you ask about dedicated AC line, I use JPS in wall cable with Furutech AC duplex. It is better than ordinary cable but not the best solution. JPS is to big in jauge, so very difficult to connect to wall AC plugs. Otherwise it is not as neutral as I would expect. I prefer pure copper wires from OYAIDE that is far better sounding. Acrolink is even better but if you need quite a lot of meters, Acrolink is expensive. For the AC wall plugs, Furutech NFC are fine. But there is a lot of improvement that could be made, like Audio Replas receptacle.
At this moment I prefer buying ultra fine AC cables that make a huge improvement in the music recreation.

Philippe
Thanks Philippe and I know my question was not on topic of room dimensions and build quality on Alsyvox set up. My BAD as this topic is trial and error.
It still helps to know you have tried different wire and your success was in the power cords. Since the dedicated line wire from the circuit box to the outlet will be difficult to change I am reluctant to experiment.
I too over the years have experimented with outlets and various power cords (too many to count) with success I best stay with that plan. I find both outlets and cords have affects in final signature tunability. Every connection matters. Enjoy the Music.

Best,
Gary

ariel2611

Apr 29, 2022
Haifa, Israel
Hello,
I really love those speakers, I've heard them in the Munich 2019 show, Wow...
I want to ask please, Is the Tintoretto have the same external crossover vs Botticelli?
Have someone from the forum members have the chance to compare the Botticelli Vs Tintoretto?
As I've understood, it's all about the room size...
Regards,
Ariel

Reactions: PhP

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Hi Ariel,

Welcome to WBF!

You are correct, the different Alsyvox models are offered in different sizes to accommodate different room sizes, small to VERY large rooms.

If you look at the descriptions of the different Alsyvox models at this page, the specific room recommendations are listed in each speaker's description. https://alsyvox.com/products/

The external crossovers are identical in size for the Tintoretto and Botticelli, although the internal parts/crossover points are tailored specifically for the respective model that they are paired with.

The Tintoretto and Botticelli use the exact same technology/ribbons/materials etc. The difference is only in the size of the speaker for the different room sizes. The Tintoretto and Botticelli either non crossover versions or X (with crossovers) have the same sonic characteristics.

I see you are located in Israel. Best to email Daniele at Alsyvox at info@alsyvox.com for further information.

Bob

Reactions: BillK and PhP

ariel2611

Apr 29, 2022
Haifa, Israel
Hi Ariel,

Welcome to WBF!

You are correct, the different Alsyvox models are offered in different sizes to accommodate different room sizes, small to VERY large rooms.

If you look at the descriptions of the different Alsyvox models at this page, the specific room recommendations are listed in each speaker's description. https://alsyvox.com/products/

The external crossovers are identical in size for the Tintoretto and Botticelli, although the internal parts/crossover points are tailored specifically for the respective model that they are paired with.

The Tintoretto and Botticelli use the exact same technology/ribbons/materials etc. The difference is only in the size of the speaker for the different room sizes. The Tintoretto and Botticelli either non crossover versions or X (with crossovers) have the same sonic characteristics.

I see you are located in Israel. Best to email Daniele at Alsyvox at info@alsyvox.com for further information.

Bob
Thanks Bob for you kindly answer!

Reactions: Rhapsody

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing