All New Clarisys Audio Minuet Loudspeakers !

unboxed

Apr 24, 2017
It is official. Suncoast Audio and Florian will be showing Clarisys Minuet Neo’s in rooms 352 and 675 at Axpona. Open to the public.

A third room will be for press only. The electronics vendor will be showing some of their soon-to-be released items.

Last edited:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
When I get a pair of Minuets I will match them with a SoulNote A-2 Integrated amp until I can afford the all new top of the line LINN Separates :eek: Best in the World

Last edited:

SeagoatLeo

Feb 23, 2015
I read that the Clarisys Audio speakers require at least 8 feet from the front wall to obtain excellent soundstage characteristics. So, this speaker line must be made for deep or large rooms only. I only have a 20' depth, no room to bring them out more than a meter.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I read that the Clarisys Audio speakers require at least 8 feet from the front wall to obtain excellent soundstage characteristics. So, this speaker line must be made for deep or large rooms only. I only have a 20' depth, no room to bring them out more than a meter.
No, 3 ft minimum and 4 ft is recommended.

Reactions: unboxed

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
.I don't Audio Kharma but he sounds like he is drunk on the coolaid without ever hearing the products. that the guy who is showing them says they are better than yours but he doesnt have yours. His amps are better than CH Precison his sound great theirs are "dry". He trashed CH Precision and claimed he was offered them and he passed . This is a non truth! They aren't his "cup of tea" He even started a competing platform to spread this stuff. Hes a good businessman that I give him but audio expert..... The members here are smarter than to fall for this stuff. Many of these opinions have no basis and they are ones offering them all they can do is toss around a few vague audiophile terms with little or no meaning. This speaker is a remake of the Apogee a speaker that had a load of problems particularly with reliability and amplifiers being able to drive them FACT. That is not to say the new ones will have the same issues only do your homework if that is what you want.
Maybe some times people should think about where they are getting their information from and who is that source and what are their qualifications. Do your own homework and stop taking a survey, a survey of unqualified answers doesn't help you get closer to the facts. This was said by an old wise man...lol ME.
Youtube is not the truth, nor is Facebook and the majority of posts their are just OPINIONS from very minimally qualified people.
Me personally I am really bored with all the know it alls on youtube NONE of which have any real experience or background in audio.

NEWS FLASH - these guys are all trying to make money please keep this in mind.
Sorry I just had a moment LOL
"NEWS FLASH - these guys are all trying to make money please keep this in mind." I could agree more with your statement. The funny thing is some Youtubers are trying to convince their followers that everything is being done for them.

unboxed

Apr 24, 2017
No, 3 ft minimum and 4 ft is recommended.
3' to 4' is pretty much the standard for getting the back wave and front wave timed correctly with "flat" speakers (e.g. Quad, Apogee) and open baffle speakers. With the speakers I have had in my system >3' but <4' worked best.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
"NEWS FLASH - these guys are all trying to make money please keep this in mind." I could agree more with your statement. The funny thing is some Youtubers are trying to convince their followers that everything is being done for them.
and so are the people on this thread. folks should listen and make their own decisions.

i'm not sure how CH came up for discussion on a thread about new apogees, distributed and sold by a dealer who doesn't sell CH but oh well.

Chops

Apr 27, 2016
Central Florida
I was at the Florida Audio Expo, and I have to admit, these are some darn good sounding speakers. Definitely "full range" on their own, but like any loudspeaker/room, they would benefit from a couple (or more) properly set up subwoofers.

Now, saying that the Clarisys Audio loudspeakers are better than Alsyvox loudspeakers, that's a rather BOLD statement. I have no say in the matter since I have never heard Alsyvox loudspeakers before. On a side note however, I did listen to the Diptyque DP107's, and those too were amazing sounding with plenty of "oomph" in the bottom end as well.

Of course, the room they had the Auditorium's in was huge, probably close to 20 ft wide and 40+ ft long with I'd say a 9 - 10 ft ceiling. They had around 6 - 7 ft behind them and had massive Block Audio mono amps pushing them.

This particular model, the Auditorium, is rated at 6 ohms, but they have a model (the Opera) that has a nominal impedance between 1 - 2 ohms! Yikes!

Reactions: picears

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Very interesting! They also have 2 additional speakers above the Auditorium...the next level up is a 4-tower with 8' tall speakers and a narrow dual set of sub towers. And then the really big one is a 6-set speaker! Two huge panels per side plus what looks to be another sub tower (L and R).

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Clarisys - The Hall Speaker
1678049814105.png

Attachments

• 1678049836936.png
    1678049836936.png
    427 KB · Views: 8

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Clarysis - The Stadium Speaker
1678049851574.png

caesar

May 30, 2010
Looks like the panel wars are on in 2023!!!

I will take the SoundLabs over either the Clarisys or the Alsyvox for that unmatched electrostatic transparency. :)

Coming back to these 2, Alsyvox definitelty got the better looks! And at the last Munich show, they ran the Alsyvox with low powered Jadis - with great results. Yet seems like the vast majority of owners throw highly powered SS on the Alsyvox, ignoring that speaker's important virtue... such a shame :)

The Clarisys definitelty got that Apogee look... and their lower model seems "affordable"...

And I wonder how many guys will do the due diligence to hear both setups in many different rooms and setups, tease out the differences, and compare the different models... or just jump on ...

unboxed

Apr 24, 2017
I do not see Alsyvox listed on the exhibitor list for Axpona but Clarisys Audio and Analysis Audio are listed. Too bad they are on different floors. That makes it hard to run real fast from one room to the other to compare the same track. ;)

Last edited:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Just add an 6 Line Array REL Acoustics Subs with the Clarisys Audio Minuets to hear everything that's in the Recorded Music and get you very close to an Live Event in your Home !

Florian

Jun 26, 2016
Switzerland
Hi everyone,

we will be at Axpona in three rooms, on manufacturer request, which we are happy to follow :)

We will also be in Munich. The company Clarisys Audio was originally founded in VietNam for repairing Apogees and also building new ones to the same spec. When i joined many many years ago we started new designs and using new technology. Its often hard to understand for people, but we are an international team based in Switzerland, VietNam and Singapore and we are proud of that, which i also explain in Jays Audio Lab Interview and others.

Best regards

Florian

picears

Feb 4, 2022
Hi everyone,

we will be at Axpona in three rooms, ...

Neat! They will all be your entry level model, correct? That will allow people to hear the speaker in three different set ups (I bet the rooms will sound different.)

Also it ups the chance that reviewers and youtubers will include your product.

Florian

Jun 26, 2016
Switzerland
Neat! They will all be your entry level model, correct? That will allow people to hear the speaker in three different set ups (I bet the rooms will sound different.)

Also it ups the chance that reviewers and youtubers will include your product.
Hello there,

yes, our entry model. However they all use the same driver (just different sizes); same parts quality, same construction quality so all your really buying is image height and maximum SPL in really big rooms. We already have reviewers and magazines lined up around the building, but the primary goal in the beginning is to let people hear and feel them for themselves. Yes, each room sounds different because they all use different setups.

Thank you and have a great day :)

Florian

Reactions: Golum and picears

Chops

Apr 27, 2016
Central Florida
Hi everyone,

we will be at Axpona in three rooms, on manufacturer request, which we are happy to follow :)

We will also be in Munich. The company Clarisys Audio was originally founded in VietNam for repairing Apogees and also building new ones to the same spec. When i joined many many years ago we started new designs and using new technology. Its often hard to understand for people, but we are an international team based in Switzerland, VietNam and Singapore and we are proud of that, which i also explain in Jays Audio Lab Interview and others.

Best regards

Florian

Florian,

I just wanted to say it was a real pleasure to meet and speak with you at The Florida Audio Expo a few weeks ago. I appreciate the time you took to explain yourself and your wonderful loudspeakers to me.

Take care,
-Charles

Reactions: Florian

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing