AIDAS Tibetan yak horn GOLD - LE.

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
my on going and growing cartridges collection keep expanding,
while i wait for the VYGER INDIAN SIG to arrive and another arm from j.sikora
the new and now famous KV9MAX, i ordered also from AIDAS based in Lithuania
one of their limited edition cartridges made from Tibetan yak horn and 24k gold wiring.
The folks over there are truly nice and cooperative people and they made 20 pieces from this material. They also have the gold mammoth that is their flag ship.
It came in a very nice box and a clear cylinder with two screws to mount it.
in the box a letter of authenticity and a booklet with the specs and instruction. very informative, very nice and usable
(I remember the first time i bought a kouetsu, how confused i was that this little wooden box arrived with nothing else but the CR.

The CR itself is very big considering my other CR with a big body that looks amazing. it's an "open" design like VDH with a long cantilever pointing put,
mounting it was brisk! big and sturdy body, long cantilever, you can see everything and it took five minutes top with VTA and VTF adjustments.
i mounted it on my SAEC 4700 that is for the moment used for rotating variable CR on it. a detachable head shell and very easy adjustments made it very easy to switch CR in a few minutes.
I disconnected my KONDO, and put the AIDAS on a new Headshell.
The SAEC4700 connecting to the DC inputs on my CH precision P1 make its twice easy again, and the Tibetan yak horn gold was playing in a briff.
it has 3ohm instead the 1ohm kondo has, but more gain on tap, so i lower 5db from the ch P1 input for it to be balanced. no need for any more tweeks. time for music.

The first LP was the trout quintet (Schubert) from the original source DG.
It was magnificent from the start! out of the box you can hear details. and bass textures that are natural and profound.
on to some other stuff, jazz and classic rock, this CR has drive! and attacks that are very engaging. i'm still learning its abilities, but so far I LIKE it alot!
a friend asked me if i can sum his sound somehow using other CR characteristics
i said, its sound thick and texture like a koetsu and detailed and fast with great top and attack like a vdh XGP. its not "modern" sound like LYRA or ZYX style, it have some haft to it and relaxation in its presentation.

will comment about it again in a few days i supposed when i will have some more hours on it.

IMG_3760.jpg IMG_3765 (1).jpg IMG_3766 (1).jpg

have a great day!
Aviad

Puroplatino

Jun 11, 2021
I just ordered the

AIDAS Tibetan yak horn GOLD - LE​

along with the Mammoth GOLD - LE​

I can’t wait for them to arrive.
Quick question for the OP, do you leave the needle out or have you found a stylus cap or some sort of safety cover to prevent any damage caused by my cleaning lady?

Thanks for answering

Reactions: byrdparis

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
I just ordered the

AIDAS Tibetan yak horn GOLD - LE​

along with the Mammoth GOLD - LE​

I can’t wait for them to arrive.
Quick question for the OP, do you leave the needle out or have you found a stylus cap or some sort of safety cover to prevent any damage caused by my cleaning lady?

Thanks for answering
congrats!
very good cartridges and still under the radar for most of the ppl.
the sound of the gold series is amazing!

i am leaving my CR un protected always...
1 - no ONE is getting close to my analog EVER
2 - its more easy for me to start spinning, we so much to take care during listening to analog, so one step down ;)

Reactions: Puroplatino

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing