Again ran into Jimmy Page

caesar

May 30, 2010
I did steal a pic while he was talking to flower guy

View attachment 44920
Hi Bonzo,

Thanks for sharing. Great photo! Very humanizing. Yet I was still kind of expecting the Rock God to have a couple of 20 year old models on each arm when he's out on the street, so a bit disappointed...

now seeing him, I'm picturing him taking out his fake teeth, eating pureed foods, and taking a long nap. :)

As a thought experiment based on your experience, if you had the freedom to build 2 or 3 systems with no room constraints and no budget constraints to play the existing, official Zeppelin recordings in all of their glory, what gear would you put together?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi Bonzo,

Thanks for sharing. Great photo! Very humanizing. Yet I was still kind of expecting the Rock God to have a couple of 20 year old models on each arm when he's out on the street, so a bit disappointed...

now seeing him, I'm picturing him taking out his fake teeth, eating pureed foods, and taking a long nap. :)

As a thought experiment based on your experience, if you had the freedom to build 2 or 3 systems with no room constraints and no budget constraints to play the existing, official Zeppelin recordings in all of their glory, what gear would you put together?

When I first spotted him at whole foods last year he did have his 27 year old gf with him

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
When I first spotted him at whole foods last year he did have his 27 year old gf with him
:cool: good for him...exercise matters

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
There is an article that was published yesterday in JAPANTODAY by ANDREW DALTON
Jimmy Page looks back at 50 years of Led Zeppelin

Jimmy Page poss for a portrait at the Fender Factory in Corona, Calif. Photo: Invision/AP

CORONA, Calif ---- Jimmy Page once painted a dragon, and used it to slay.

The guitar guru was so bursting with creative inspiration 50 years ago that he felt compelled to pick up a brush and use his skills from art school to take poster paints to his favorite instrument, a 1959 Fender Telecaster, and decorate it with a psychedelic beast.

He calls the axe "the Excalibur" that he wielded through the wildly eventful year of 1968, when his old band, the Yardbirds, crashed, and his new band, Led Zeppelin, was born just two months later.

"My whole life is moving so fast at that point," Page, now 74, said as he reflected on Led Zeppelin's 50th anniversary in an interview with The Associated Press at the Fender guitar factory in California. "Absolutely just a roller-coaster ride."

_____

It's a cool article on one of the greatest guitar players from one of the greatest Rock-and-Roll bands.

iansr

Dec 27, 2010
I’ve seen some amazing live bands, including in no particular order: the Who when Moon was still alive, Little Feat when Lowell was still alive, Talking Heads when they were touring Fear of Music, The White Stripes (in a small club in Sheffield just before they broke big), Dr Feelgood (numerous times). I could go on, but Zep were in a league of their own when playing live. I was lucky enough to see them 7 times, which is quite a feat considering how infrequently they played in the UK.

Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I’ve seen some amazing live bands, including in no particular order: the Who when Moon was still alive, Little Feat when Lowell was still alive, Talking Heads when they were touring Fear of Music, The White Stripes (in a small club in Sheffield just before they broke big), Dr Feelgood (numerous times). I could go on, but Zep were in a league of their own when playing live. I was lucky enough to see them 7 times, which is quite a feat considering how infrequently they played in the UK.

Did you watch them at Earl's Court in 1975? Or knebworth 79?

iansr

Dec 27, 2010
3 times at Earls Court, Knebworth, twice in Manchester (1971 on the first occasion) and Bradford in early 73. All of them amazing, but the Bradford gig was an out of body experience.

Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
3 times at Earls Court, Knebworth, twice in Manchester (1971 on the first occasion) and Bradford in early 73. All of them amazing, but the Bradford gig was an out of body experience.

What were you on at Bradford :p

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Just never personally ask Jimmy if he's a fan of Robbie Williams, and in particular Robbie's attitude in neighbour/planning disputes.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
While approaching women there is this strategy of saying something that will provoke them to reply to you... Once they do that, they inadvertently engage in conversation as long as you have good follow ups, and if successful, you get the booty. Maybe Robbie Williams is the way to provoke Jimmy to engage in conversation. Maybe, after 30 mins, you can part with one of his bootlegs

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ah, no Ked.
But fascinated by your chat up technique.
You'll be telling us you're a feminist next.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Ah, no Ked.
But fascinated by your chat up technique.
You'll be telling us you're a feminist next.

That's not mine. I just have to say I am a hifi blogger, your place or mine

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Don't you mean "blagger"?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing