Aesthetix I/O Phono Cable

Joenies

Feb 18, 2022
Greetings
What type of phono cable do you use with your I/O, balanced or SE?
When I decided to upgrade my phono cable for my I/O I asked my audio dealer about getting a Balanced cable, since the I/O has Balanced inputs. My audio dealer informed me that the designer of the I/O (Jim White) doesn’t recommend using a balanced cable for the input. He supposedly recommends a SE cable. My audio dealer tried to explained to me the technical reasons Mr White prefers SE cable over balanced. I didn’t understand te explanation at that time. I took my dealers advice a purchased a SE cable for the phono input. I use a balanced cable for the output.
I don’t think my dealer would mis-inform me about proper cable choice.
‘To those that use a balanced cable, any problems? Has anyone tried both types of cables?
Did I make the wrong decision going with a SE cable?
It sounds very good to my ears.
Your input will be greatly appreciated
‘Respectfully
Joe Nies

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
You are fine using the SE cable input on your Io. The first stage of the Io is SE. I use the single ended RCA input as well.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing