Abbas dac 2.1 se

@jespera
Does lampi man still have the LampiZator B7 MK II? I hope that he decides to contribute his thoughts on this thread. Folks will appreciate the effort. A lot to absorb on this thread.
Charles

I lived with a May KTE for a few weeks. I'll be very interested to hear your report. Please do post when you've got enough hours under your belt.
I do that with pleasure.
My system is optimized to the finest detail.
I'm curious to see how well the Abbas DAC integrates into my system.

Reactions: cal3713
Thank you very much, I am very happy to get the Signature. I hope never to think about another DAC.
That could possibly turn out to be the case. Time will tell. Do you plan to use Abbas IC ,digital and power cables with the 3.2 Signature?
Charles

That could possibly turn out to be the case. Time will tell. Do you plan to use Abbas IC ,digital and power cables with the 3.2 Signature?
Charles
I am currently testing TWL Spirit II IC and an digital "Tonmeister" from Netherlands, both perform at a very high level. Power Cords are completely TWL Obsession or High Power Digital American, speaker cable Silversmith Fidelio, LAN cat8 Tonmeister. The biggest improvement came with the Fidelio and LAN Tonmeister. I still ordered IC, digital and a power cord from Abbas. Maybe his cables work better with his DAC, although my cables give a huge performance.

I am currently testing TWL Spirit II IC and an digital "Tonmeister" from Netherlands, both perform at a very high level. Power Cords are completely TWL Obsession or High Power Digital American, speaker cable Silversmith Fidelio, LAN cat8 Tonmeister. The biggest improvement came with the Fidelio and LAN Tonmeister. I still ordered IC, digital and a power cord from Abbas. Maybe his cables work better with his DAC, although my cables give a huge performance.
No question that you have excellent cables currently. The Abbas cables are so reasonably priced. No high risk in trying them. I know with cables as with everything regarding Audio it’s all about taste and preference.

Abbas told me that his cables sound wonderful with his “devices “. I totally believe him. @jespera has pretty much said the same.Many good options to consider.
Charles

@jespera
Do you have Abbas cable compared against other cables?
TWL Spirit II RCA cables are in the same price range as Abbas RCA.
The Spirit II wins against other cables up to 3k say buyers.

@jespera
Do you have Abbas cable compared against other cables?
TWL Spirit II RCA cables are in the same price range as Abbas RCA.
The Spirit II wins against other cables up to 3k say buyers.

3k! You can get yourself a nice abbas dac for that sort of dosh.

The twl spirit ii rca is an analog interconnect. I only have digital spdif, usb cables, speaker cables and a power cord from abbas.
The twl spirit 75 digital cable

costs about twice as much as i paid for the abbas spdif. But i guess same range still.

Im not a cable guy. I try to keep it natural and simple and go for cables that keep things balanced and dont cost a fortune.
My cables are mostly copper or tinned copper from duelund and supra. So thats what ive mainly compared to.

But as ive had quite a bit of traffic of friends’ digital boxes ive also had quite a few digital cables in the house. Chord and kimber among them. Comparing to these ive consistenly prefered the abbas. Open and musical and well balanced.

The abbas speaker cable has some of the same traits.

Digital cables can make quite a big difference.

Last edited:
I suspect that Abbas’ cables are made to be sonically natural and relatively simple/straightforward in purpose. Stay out of the way and allow his devices to show what they are capable of.
Charles

Reactions: jespera
I suspect that Abbas’ cables are made to be sonically natural and relatively simple/straightforward in purpose. Stay out of the way and allow his devices to show what they are capable of.
Charles
Abbas said his cables are a very different concept from anything else on the market. I was curious if any of you had similar experiences and could describe how Abbas cables sound in comparison to other manufacturers.

@jespera
“But as ive had quite a bit of traffic of friends’ digital boxes ive also had quite a few digital cables in the house.”

When you did the Lampi B7 and Abbas 3.2SE comparisons was this done in your system or Lampi man’s system?

Curious asI had given some serious thought to the LampiZator B7 or even perhaps a used Aries Cerat Helene at one time.

I was hoping that Lampi man would share his listening impressions: I understand not everyone cares to do so.

It was the 2.1se that we compared the lampi B7 ii to. Twice: Once at his place and once at mine.

Reactions: Gjo
Thanks, my error regarding which DAC. Very interesting with the lower series Abbas 2.1SE going competitively against the Lampi B7 MK II and not the bigger (Upper level) ) 3.2SE. Which one would assume would preform even better.
Charles

The thread’s author owns three different Abbas DACs and can compare anyone of the 3 at his whim. So he isn’t restricted to the 2.1SE. Does this make sense to you?
Charles

1 @jespera has done numerous DAC comparisons with his audiophile friends.

2 This thread is nearly 2 years old and in this timeframe he’s acquired additional Abbas DACs.

3 So ample opportunity to use for comparison which ever Abbas DAC he so chooses.

4. The Lampi man who owns the B7 subsequently purchased the 3.2SE rather than a 2. series DAC.

5 It’s reasonable to assume he may have also heard the3.2SE as there were more than one comparison session for him.
Charles

From February 5 th 2022. Okay that’s good. There are over 370 posts on this thread. I joined this thread in mid August 2022. I haven’t read every individual post of this long thread. Anyway jespera kindly answered my question.
Charles

Qobuz has so many versions of the same material. Different transfers, bit rates and masterings. On one hand confusing, on the other a challenge to find the best sounding version. An abbas dac is a good instrument for that.

Here are some examples.

Jazz at the pawnhouse is a great recording.
But you want to listen to the 1995 verdion. The remaster has lost sparkle. I have the 1995 version on cd. It sounds even better. Rivals my vinyl.

There are 37 versions of kind of blue on qobuz. I like the kob 1959 version.

For Chet i prefer the original version with tape hiss and mains noise. The horns have more rasp and realism than in the “cleaned up” 1959 version.

Attachments

• 44657D57-A8CD-4F9F-B104-9A0893E46535.png
    44657D57-A8CD-4F9F-B104-9A0893E46535.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 4

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing