A workshop at Shakti’s - hORNS Universum, Bohne Audio BB-15, etc.

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
The Bohne speakers were fabulous at Munich. Here's what I thought including pic: Bohne at Munich.

Sat next to Shakti at a meal after the show.

Shakti - did you buy the Bohne recently?
no,
i still like my Universum III

jackelsson

Dec 1, 2013
.de
Sometimes things happen much quicker than expected...

Well, I thought I would only be back at Shakti’s for a next workshop well into the next year, skipping the SPU workshop he plans to do right after Christmas. But then I learned a week ago that a good friend of mine had bought Shakti’s Micro Seiki RX-5000, which Shakti had offered on the marketplace of analog-forum.de.

My friend‘s plan was to hit the motorway today in the morning, drive the four hours down to Köln, and do a personal pick-up of the Micro. Well, that sounded like a fun day out and so I joined in.

On Sunday mornings at half past eight the autobahn tends to be rather free, so we made good progress despite the cold and grey autumn weather, exploring the boundaries of a V8. We finally arrived at Shakti’s place just after 1pm.

My friend had never been to Shakti‘s place before and thus was duly impressed by all the nice gear there. After some coffee and chatting we had a listening session with the hORNS Universum III, and also did a bit of a comparison between some modern cartridges and an SPU Gold both with and without an SUT.

Finally it was time to pack up the RX-5000 and get on the autobahn, heading back north through the many roadworks around Köln. This was quite a bit of driving for one day but I must say it was absolutely worth it. So thanks to Shakti for his hospitality and the great afternoon.

_MG_7637__1200px_web.jpg

_MG_7643__1200px_web.jpg

_MG_7647__1200px_web.jpg

_MG_7651__1200px_web.jpg

_MG_7652__1200px_web.jpg

_MG_7653__1200px_web.jpg

Reactions: shakti

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
no,
i still like my Universum III

They are good value for money relative to the Munich Bohne BB-18 system - which with the two additional subs and bigger mains is a lot more expensive.

For my tastes the Munich Bohne BB-18 system delivers in exactly the areas I value. If I had the space I would seriously consider it. I have the cash but just not the space (currently).

Reactions: infinitely baffled

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Audiospecials Phonolab: a fully adjustable MM/MC phono stage with two inputs and an external power supply. Two shelving EQs for bass and treble allow for subtle adjustment of poor recordings or pressings. A very interesting phono amp...
Just an fyi I'll have a fully optioned Phonolab here in Seattle in a few weeks time. It will be at my clients house through July, however if anyone wants to demo it, in your home, in August, there will be some open weeks before i need it back to demo in September. Happy to ship domestically...

Last edited:

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
It can take rca, 3 pin lemo or 3 pin xlr input connectors and rca or 3 pin xlr outputs.

Phonolab_AS_Backside_1 Kopie.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing