A New Year's resolution we should all keep!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Staying on topic!

Now I understand it's only natural to veer off-course, but more and more topics are straying so far we have lost sight of the OP's question.

The solution to this is two-fold. As members we should try to refrain from adding to those situations and perhaps consider starting a new thread, as it is obvious that there is an interest in discussing the veered-off posts with fellow members, n'est ce pas? The other solution is for Moderators to hammer down a little quicker as by not doing so they condone the situation.

JV

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, Johnny. As a mod with over 15 years collective experience, I can say that most all threads sway off topic. Usually they get back on topic (*usually*) given some time but as a moderator, I feel it's best to not micromanage the members of any forum. Some topics require discussion of other topics to cover the original topic, so leeway is "expected", if you will....not so much "condoning".

When threads sway off topic too far and things get personal, that's a different story and I hope the members here feel that we as a team have done a good job thusfar. If we haven't, we welcome some feedback (as long as it is positive :p). While I am kidding about only positive feedback, if the members feel as if there is need for improvement by the management team....we will listen.

There is a lot of self moderation on this forum compared to others, that is noticed and greatly appreciated. The best thing for members to do to help you in your query is to simply stay on topic. It's a great resolution but as a member I'm thinking that it won't happen, although one can hope, right?

10 bucks says even this thread will sway off topic. Any bets as to how many pages it will take? (<<< All it takes is a comment just like this!)

Tom

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Great reply Tom! And as a Moderator myself for many years I understand exactly where you're coming from.

If we can all become a little more aware of it and consider that it doesn't really serve the thread starter and his question/statement, then I think we've done and are doing well.

I'll see your $10 and.......

:D

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Post removed as it was a violation of the Terms of Service. Please consider this a formal warning David. The reason your post was deleted was the following;

10. Posting topics involving politics, religion or firearms are not allowed and will be removed with appropriate warnings issued to the member. Repeated offenses can result in membership ban.

Not to mention, it was extremely rude....especially considering it is Christmas Eve.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thank you Tom!

Now David.....I apologize for my remarks that were also deleted. I'm not here to tell anyone what to do or how to think. I truly respect everyone here and have no personal gripe with anyone.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
In just few minutes I am going to eat with a judge, his wife, an artist, his wife, and that's that. :b

* Some off topic threads are the best ones. @ school we learned more by being off topic. :D ...Most topics are boring to death. :D

Amen and love life as much as you love each other. :b ...This is all fun, and we're all going to die anyway. :D

RayDunzl

Jun 26, 2014
Tampa

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing