1110 & 1160

chuck

Dec 19, 2011
San Diego
As I recall, my January 2015 3060 is too early to have the ability to interact with the 1110 the way the 1160 does. The newer 3060s might have that feature. I have only had a couple of glitches with my 1110 in the two years I've had it, just turned it off and back on, problem solved. I am told that Boulder will have the 1110 app done fairly soon.

naim

Mar 6, 2019
Italy
I connected my 1160 to the network tonight, and found an update available. It is now at version 1.03.
The installation took about 15 minutes, but I have no idea what changed this update.

Screenshot (1253).png

P.S. The error message I wrote above (# 107), has not been resolved. Now I don't even hope anymore, however nothing serious.

David

Aug 11, 2012
I have been playing the 1110 for many hours now with all types of music. It is sensational. Breathtaking how good it is.

I heard Joshua Bell with pianist Alessio Bax live on Tuesday at the Fort Collins, CO Lincoln Center, sitting 4th row, not 20 feet from them. A great performance. Playing Mr. Bell's CDs and SACDs using PD MPT-8/MPD-8 -- wow. To me, the Boulder 1110/3060/YG is the closest to the sound of real acoustic instruments.
Hello Chuck,
You have a fantastic setup ; i know well Playback Designs digital sources .. really fantastic products !
MPT8 (and StreamX2 board) + MPD8 is really a Dream combo !!!
I am very curious about the combination Playback Designs digital sources + Boulder amplification ... could you tell just a little more about how is the sound synergy ?
BTW, have you tried MPD8 directly connected to your Boulder amp ? (using PD analog volume control).
BR - David

chuck

Dec 19, 2011
San Diego
I am very curious about the combination Playback Designs digital sources + Boulder amplification ... could you tell just a little more about how is the sound synergy ?
The Boulder 1110 and 3060 are every neutral, with no discernible sound signature of their own. So the Playback Designs sound comes through "unedited" to the YG Sonja XV2 speakers, which are, as designed, also extremely neutral.
BTW, have you tried MPD8 directly connected to your Boulder amp ? (using PD analog volume control).
No. The volume control in the 1110 comes from the 3010, as I was told by Rich Maez when he was still at Boulder and the 1110 was in development. The Boulder website says it is "descended from 3010" which I translate as Rich was right. The VC in the Playback Designs might be very good, but not going to beat the best VC ever. I have several other sources so need the 1110: turntable, R2R HT, tuner and a Pioneer Elite DV58i. I use the second output on the 1110 to run a second system in an adjoining room. I never planned to use the PD direct to amp and never have.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing