1110 & 1160

naim

Mar 6, 2019
Italy
so I'm interested to hear your thoughts on it.
My thoughts about 1110 are those I wrote in the post #103. Compared to listening with dac/pre only, I confirm a great sense of rhythm, impressive speed, great breadth and better distinction of the individual instruments. In short, the pleasure of listening has grown.
It may be that the merit of these improvements is also due to the 1160 amplifier, which is now working more at ease driven by its preamp.

Roberto

chuck

Dec 20, 2011
San Diego
I have been playing the 1110 for many hours now with all types of music. It is sensational. Breathtaking how good it is.

I heard Joshua Bell with pianist Alessio Bax live on Tuesday at the Fort Collins, CO Lincoln Center, sitting 4th row, not 20 feet from them. A great performance. Playing Mr. Bell's CDs and SACDs using PD MPT-8/MPD-8 -- wow. To me, the Boulder 1110/3060/YG is the closest to the sound of real acoustic instruments.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Chuck can you talk us through the rest of your rack?

I tried googling what i took to be your digital rig from your post - PD-MBT-8, and all i got were pages about the Munchasen by Proxy variant of Parkinson's disease. Second attempt she thought i was asking about a therapy for Personality Disorder....so I'm just going to have to ask you:p
I wonder if google is trying to tell me somethingo_O

Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Nice one....i'll do some reading:)

analyzer

May 20, 2016
Torino - Italy
Meanwhile chuck takes his pictures... I insert some pics of my system (if nothing else we keep the thread alive) :)[/QUOTE>]

Great system... I noted two Quadraspire racks; I had one many years ago exactly the same as yours... no ... it was a five-floors item, later sold also in Italy.
Do you have considered something else more solid, heavier? (and expensive?).
Just for curiosity...
My best/ciao
Marco

naim

Mar 6, 2019
Italy
Ciao Marco, visto che sei Italiano, è inutile che triboli a scrivere in Inglese :)
Ogni tanto guardo in rete qualche alternativa per i tavolini, mi piacciono ad esempio gli Harmonic Resolution Systems, oppure i Bassocontinuo, i Finite Elemente, i Taoc; ma poi, ogni volta che poi guardo i listini, mi passa la voglia di sostituirli...

(Sorry if I wrote in Italian, but I replied faster. However, I think it was an off topic, uninteresting for others.)

Roberto

chuck

Dec 20, 2011
San Diego
Here is a picture of the Boulder 3060 and YG Sonja XV speakers that are connected to the 1110. I also have a Home Theatre set up -- the two Paradigm subwoofers are just for that system and also using a Paradigm center channel for now. I will eventually get a YG center but the Paradigm works pretty well for watching movies.

77959C60-6A3E-4205-A006-F115BC1DD782_1_105_c.jpeg

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 25, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Here is a picture of the Boulder 3060 and YG Sonja XV speakers that are connected to the 1110. I also have a Home Theatre set up -- the two Paradigm subwoofers are just for that system and also using a Paradigm center channel for now. I will eventually get a YG center but the Paradigm works pretty well for watching movies.

View attachment 63564

That is a beautiful system, Chuck! Thank you for posting a photo!

I never knew silver is an option on YG!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high-end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing