Entreq Tellus grounding

I am debating in a year's time trying O. Tellus and the direct mains grounding, but I need house move/new mains/dedicated lines, to be sorted first.
I've had ambiguous results adding Atlantis box/Atlantis cables/pwr amp -ve spkr terminal grounding in my system, so I'm not in a major hurry.
For me, the apex may be where I am (S. Tellus/all components grounded w.Apollos/S. Cleanus grounded to O. Tellus passive filter to balanced pwr transformer).

Thanks again. Roy Gregory grounded the mains with a regular Tellus and copper Eartha in his Audio Beat review from 2014 and he remarked how great the results were. Since I don't have a dedicated line or clean ground, I figured grounding the mains might help in addition to grounding the signal. As I already own a very expensive Audience aR6-TSSOX that I just recently purchased, I am not eager to replace it so soon as it has made a very favorable impact.

Hi romaz,
I use an AudienceARr8 without any Entreq grounding to the mains. It works fine and I've no plans to ground it.
I have never heard of any issues with Entreq grounding of DACS so you should be fine.
Atlantis earth cables are not always the best and apollos can be a better match so don't automatically assume the Atlantis will work better. Try both before buying.

Hi romaz,
I use an AudienceARr8 without any Entreq grounding to the mains. It works fine and I've no plans to ground it.
I have never heard of any issues with Entreq grounding of DACS so you should be fine.
Atlantis earth cables are not always the best and apollos can be a better match so don't automatically assume the Atlantis will work better. Try both before buying.

Thank for this information, Barry. Very helpful. I only have Challenger/Apollo cables coming with the Poseidon for comparison. I didn't request the Atlantis cables but it sounds like I should have.

I have a small Bantam Gold class D amplifier by Temple Audio that outputs 25 watts and drives my high efficiency Omega speakers very nicely. It almost doesn't seem worth it to devote 2 posts of a Poseidon to ground a little $300 amplifier like this but I derive quite a bit of enjoyment from the speakers that this amp drives. Since this amp has no free ports, could someone please comment on whether placing a Receivus on top of it would work as well or should I even bother?

Hi Romaz.
Don't worry about not having ordered the Atlantis earths. The Apollo ones are very good and may be more suitable than the Atlantis which you could also try at a later date..
I would stick with the amp negative speaker terminal grounding. I am awaiting a Poseidon so my amp speaker terminal grounding is with two Silver Minimus/
/Apollo earths and is very effective. I have a Receivus on the amp which is helpful but the effect is more subtle than the negative amp terminal grounding.
Try the amp grounding and other combinations to see what is most effective with what you have and do the rest later. That is the beauty of Entreq you can do it in stages.
Let us know how it all goes.

Hi Romaz.
I am awaiting a Poseidon so my amp speaker terminal grounding is with two Silver Minimus/
/Apollo earths and is very effective.

Hi Barry, will be a great improvement!!! I've a second Poseidon on order to ground my digital chain.
IMHO, Poseidon is the killer box on Entreq line.

Thanks Paolo.
That's very encouraging. Should get the Poseidon to try in about two weeks time.
The plan is to use it for the amp negative grounding and the Sky HD BOX and to use the two freed Silver Minimus to ground the Puccini and the Scarlatii word clock currently on one of the two Silver Tellus thus isolating all the digital gear from the rest of the system.
Will let you know how it goes once it is up and running.
Enjoy your music!

I have had my Poseidon evaluation unit with Apollo cables for the past week and it's amazing the difference it has made with my Totaldac-d1 monoblocs, CAD CAT server and cable modem/router as a whole. Assessing the individual differences has been surprising, however. I will say the biggest difference seems to be with the DAC which is not so surprising, especially since this DAC consists of two monoblocs and so there are more opportunities to ground it. Maybe because the CAT server produces so little pollution, I don't know, but the difference here was not as great as I was expecting a computer to generate more noise than a DAC. I'm not sure if the Atlantis cable would offer much over the Apollo with this server. The difference with the cable modem/router was mild/moderate at best but based on what others have stated, I was expecting a bit more but maybe I'm expecting too much. This leaves me with the dilemma of deciding whether to stick with the Poseidon and keep all of these components grounded vs downgrading to an Olympus Minimus and just grounding the TotalDac monobloc DAC. Any opinions?

It is a difficult call. In my system, having the Totaldac Twelve, the most benefit was obtained when connecting the grounding cable to the server/reclocker unit through the XLR IN which is unused otherwise. The effect was more evident in such configuration as when grounding the two DACs.
Obviously, grounding the preamp is the first thing to try.

Very interesting. Thank you for your response. I was under the impression that with each TotalDac component, any unused/unselected port is inactivated and separated from the ground but your experience suggests otherwise unless of course this only applies to the DACs and not the reclocker. Regardless, I will try your suggestion and see what happens.

It is a difficult call. In my system, having the Totaldac Twelve, the most benefit was obtained when connecting the grounding cable to the server/reclocker unit through the XLR IN which is unused otherwise. The effect was more evident in such configuration as when grounding the two DACs.
Obviously, grounding the preamp is the first thing to try.

Hi Flyer, I just want to be clear I understand you. Are you saying you ground only your server/reclocker and not the two DAC boxes or are you grounding each box? Also, are you using Atlantis cables or something else? Thank you.

The grounds of any input selection is always connected even when the selection is set to off. Nasty things happen when input or positive is left connected without a ground and signal is passed.

So the grounding will always be there regardless of input.

The grounds of any input selection is always connected even when the selection is set to off. Nasty things happen when input or positive is left connected without a ground and signal is passed.

So the grounding will always be there regardless of input.

What you say makes sense but TotalDac is different. According to Vincent Brient, with any unselected digital input, the ground is disconnected to minimize noise.

Sorry if this has been posted already, the attached pic's was sent to me here in Malaysia regarding the innards of a Entreq unit .
One of the photos has Telos Audio on it whom have been pushing there own grounding system here in Malaysia.

IMG-20151107-WA0002.jpgIMG-20151107-WA0003.jpgIMG-20151107-WA0004.jpgIMG-20151107-WA0008.jpg

Sorry if this has been posted already, the attached pic's was sent to me here in Malaysia regarding the innards of a Entreq unit .
One of the photos has Telos Audio on it whom have been pushing there own grounding system here in Malaysia.

Thank you redscouser, but this is not an info which is very interesting, at least for me.
We were already aware of the fact that inside there was a mix of minerals. BTW, during the last shippment I've received, some of materials were into the shipping box.
What's interesting, to me at least, it is the result that in my system gave the introduction of entreq's grounding box.
so if Telos Audio wants to compete with Entreq, I do not think this is the right way. Nothing change in my opinion.
Regards
Paolo

image.jpg

Looks pretty simple to DIY . A fellow friend used folded copper plate inside a box & it works to certain degree .
I have both telos ground noise reducer & entreq silver Tellus . Both works . Telos is almost double the price of Entreq silver . However if u include the ground cables it would be abt the same price .
Was told that an audiophile prefer 2 units of Telos to Tripoints signature .
To my ears , the best effect I have ever heard was Tripoints Emperor ( audioexotics HK) with grounding on the tonearm base using ground cable connected to crocodile clip. That was an amazing demo of the importance of grounding .

I wonder how much other high end stuff w/high end pricing to match would look similarly sparse when disassembled? My guess would be loads.
I hear from a TOTALLY impeccable source, that one of the hot new uber brands in amplification, selling boxes $50k and above, is SHOCKINGLY bad inside, w/soldering that a monkey w/arthritic fingers would do a better job of.
Didn't Lucasz of Lampi say he'd use parrot guano if it sounded good?
Etc Etc.

Last edited:
It's what was expected within the Entreq .... In bad taste though by the Telos gang , complete lack of ethics !!!

image.jpg

DIY from HK . It works so it seems . Bottom line its an issue of cost vs value

Jazz head, What is so unethical about Telos opening up the entreq & sharing it with their clients or even distributors ? It didn't make me want to get rid of my entreq . Only suggest to me I can possibly DIY cheaply with cheap Asia labour cost .
Also Why do Magico bother to show the inside of Magico Q7 ? Why do some electronic manufacturers show what is inside their components ? To proof that its value for money & their stuff is worth buying. Why fear disclosure ? Or are we saying that ignorance is a bliss ?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing