WTB:Riccardo Kron 5U4G

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
I have both the Lampi Anniversary and the Riccardo Kron. I am planning to make a detailed comparison on my Allnic H3000V in the coming weeks and will report back.

Looking forward to your thoughts dcc..

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
There is no need to try further Christoph. You are an experienced a/b'er. Your words are good with me ;). I was not implying for you to try again.

Dear Tang, I think we have a little misunderstanding here.

We compared the Ayon recti several times against a whole lot of other rectifiers from EML, KR and also some old ones from Haltron, Brimar, Philips, etc. IN THE LAMPIZATOR DACs.
In these compares, the KR rectifiers always sounded considerably better than the huge Ayon 5u4g mesh rectifier.
Based on these results, I decided that I would like to try one of the KR 5u4g rectifiers in my Ayon Crossfire 3 amplifier to see if the KR recti also sounds better than the Ayon recti IN MY AYON AMPLIFIER.

After you tried exactly that with your Ayon mono amps and said the KR recties didn't make your Ayon amps sound better than with the stock Ayon rectifiers, I said I will try this as well with my Ayon amp but that I have little hope to get better sound with KR after your results...

I will try it anyways because I have all the rectifiers on hand and it is easy to exchange.
The best sounding recti will stay in the Ayon amp, no matter what brand :)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Dear Tang, I think we have a little misunderstanding here.

We compared the Ayon recti several times against a whole lot of other rectifiers from EML, KR and also some old ones from Haltron, Brimar, Philips, etc. IN THE LAMPIZATOR DACs.
In these compares, the KR rectifiers always sounded considerably better than the huge Ayon 5u4g mesh rectifier.
Based on these results, I decided that I would like to try one of the KR 5u4g rectifiers in my Ayon Crossfire 3 amplifier to see if the KR recti also sounds better than the Ayon recti IN MY AYON AMPLIFIER.

After you tried exactly that with your Ayon mono amps and said the KR recties didn't make your Ayon amps sound better than with the stock Ayon rectifiers, I said I will try this as well with my Ayon amp but that I have little hope to get better sound with KR after your results...

I will try it anyways because I have all the rectifiers on hand and it is easy to exchange.
The best sounding recti will stay in the Ayon amp, no matter what brand :)

Hello my friend from Liechenstein,

Your testing of the Anniversary in the Ayon amp will be more reliable than my findings because I never had the Anniversary for more than 50 hours. Yours are probably fully burned in. Please let me know the result. And if you try other rectifier beside the Anniversary and it improves the sound of Ayon amp, I will greatly appreciate if you let me know.

Tang :)

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Hello my friend from Liechtenstein,

Your testing of the Anniversary in the Ayon amp will be more reliable than my findings because I never had the Anniversary for more than 50 hours. Yours are probably fully burned in. Please let me know the result. And if you try other rectifier beside the Anniversary and it improves the sound of Ayon amp, I will greatly appreciate if you let me know.:)

Dear master Tang,
I just tried to insert my KR recti into the socket into my Ayon Amp.
It didn't "slide" in easily like I'm used to from my Lampi.
I then looked at the Ayon recti and saw that there are only 5 pins while the KR recti has 8 pins :oops:
Obviously you have been able to insert the KR recties in your Ayon monos... ;)

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Dear master Tang,
I just tried to insert my KR recti into the socket into my Ayon Amp.
It didn't "slide" in easily like I'm used to from my Lampi.
I then looked at the Ayon recti and saw that there are only 5 pins while the KR recti has 8 pins :oops:
Obviously you have been able to insert the KR recties in your Ayon monos... ;)

Oh! That small hiccups :D. I consulted with the vendor of the Anniversary. He said the other three pin were just to secure and had no electrical purposes. So I took the three pin out. Voila!

Somehow I doubt you would go the extra mile my fellow audio nut from Liechenstein ;).

Tang

84CECF7A-4D20-4BD4-94A4-E4259CAA63E9.jpeg 35903DDA-2FA0-4CF2-80A2-802F05C17848.jpeg

Last edited:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Oh! That small hiccups :D. I consulted with the vendor of the Anniversary. He said the other three pin were just to secure and had no electrical purposes. So I took the three pin out. Voila!

Somehow I doubt you would go the extra mile my fellow audio nut from Liechtenstein ;).

Tang

View attachment 45866 View attachment 45867
You are a brave man, dear master Tang :cool:
Thank you for the encouragement ;) and the pictures.
I think I have to mull over that small surgical Intervention a little more to find out if my curiousity is bigger than my lack of bravery :rolleyes:

To name ME a fellow Audio nut of YOURS is just too much of an honor :eek:
Compared to you, dear master Tang, I'm just playing in a sand box :oops:

But one little thing:
The tiny Principality where I am privileged to reside is called Liechtenstein with an additional "t", not Liechenstein...

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
The tiny Principality where I am privileged to reside is called Liechtenstein with an additional "t", not Liechenstein...

Ooops! Stupid me :eek:. My apology.

Tang

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Between the three of you, Christoph, do you have ten pairs of speakers in Leich ten stein? I think 7 at yours if I include the MCH.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Neither stupid nor is there a reason for an apology :oops:

You might want to read how many times he has damaged his zyx and then reconsider that stupid comment

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Between the three of you, Christoph, do you have ten pairs of speakers in Leich ten stein? I think 7 at yours if I include the MCH.

I have 7 pairs of serious Speakers, additional 3 pairs in the Homecinema room and 3 pairs of less serious Bookshelf Speakers.

I may have a lot of Speakers and amps but Master Tang IS DEFINITELY the chief of Vinyl.

And it is Liechtenstein with "ie", not Leich ten stein :rolleyes:
"Leiche" means corpse in german :eek:

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Reactions: bonzo75

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
Let the clash of the titans begin:

The Lampizator Anniversary that I acquired about a year ago

VS.

The Riccardo Kron Special Edition that landed a few days ago and that I will test over the weekend

The Allnic H3000V will be the judge.

Last edited:

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Mine is the more square one. Got it this summer. Don't know when they made the switch in the shape of the glass.

Larry

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Let the clash of the titans begin:

The Lampizator Anniversary that I acquired about a year ago

VS.

The Riccardo Kron Special Edition that landed a few days ago and that I will test over the weekend

The Allnic H3000V will be the judge.

Waiting in anticipation here Denis.. Thank you!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Great to know. Any loss of tone in the new kron? Or is that better or same

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Thank you Denis, I kind of expected this outcome, emails with Franc said similar. I think this probably completes the H3000?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing