WTB:Riccardo Kron 5U4G

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
This is what I intend to do , I hesitate between PX4 and PX 25 , the latter has higher gain and this is my only concern.
I was very happy with PX4 in my B7 with KR2016 , it's a versatile all-rounder.
I admit that we did the big compare with the Lampi Pacific DAC into the Aries Cerat Incito preamp and Kronzilla SX poweramp into the Universums but yesterday I listened to the GG with PX25 into the Ayon Crossfire 3 into the the Universums and had no gain Problems at all.

Ok, no Pacific DAC this time and also no Crossfire 3 last time but I would easily dare to go with the PX25 because I had never any issues with the PX25 in all possible combinations I tried them.

Reactions: marslo

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
The same here, I bought my Cross 3 in 2014 so Ayon recti was not available yet. If I am not mistaken I purchased it as an upgrade and used for 2-3 years, then the bulb became very dark , a spark appeared from time to time during operation and decided to replace it with EML 5u4G mesh bought with JAC music, so far so good.

For the socket I have to check out but I have the impression that is not firm enough.
Thank you very much for your feedback :cool:

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
Like the OP, I am interested in purchasing this tube if anyone is looking to sell. I'll take my place in the queue.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I admit that we did the big compare with the Lampi Pacific DAC into the Aries Cerat Incito preamp and Kronzilla SX poweramp into the Universums but yesterday I listened to the GG with PX25 into the Ayon Crossfire 3 into the the Universums and had no gain Problems at all.

Ok, no Pacific DAC this time and also no Crossfire 3 last time but I would easily dare to go with the PX25 because I had never any issues with the PX25 in all possible combinations I tried them.

In the Pac did you use 4 PX25 or only two at the back?

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Yesterday evening, before going to bed, I fired up the mighty Krells so they would be fully warmed up by this morning. It just confirms my findings from yesterday with the Tenor Audio power amp. With the RK, I get the best bass and slam I have ever had with vinyl. The MoFi reissues of the Cars’ albums never sounded better than today.

How is the RK settling down Denis? Any more to report?

Rgds,
Paul

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Excellent, pleased to hear it Denis, it's a good feeling when you are 'done' with certain aspects..

BR,
Paul

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing