Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Say hi to George for me....we go back a long time in NJ :)

Which sub configuration you going with?

On Thursday, Sonny Umrao of Scaena and a few people from the dealer will be coming by to setup the speakers. Should be fun and will post the rundown on the forum.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Nick my friend and Dealer at JS Audio in Bethesda, MD gave me a real treat today. I had an extended listen to Wilson Sasha, Sophia, Meridian Sooloos and Boulder. Suffice it to say you are going to be very happy with the Sasha. If you can get your hand on the Meridian SooLoo you could reach audio euphoria. email me if you want further discussion. rgregadd@aol.com

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I am not a box speaker fan, WIlson fan or ss fan. (Ok Steve's Wilson Alexandria is of course in a class by itself.). The Wilson Sasha was in a room that makes nearfield listening a must. JS Audio Bethesda, MD. System-Meridan Sooloos-Boulder amp and preamp and the Wilson Sahsa. Not sure about the cables, Appeared to be the Cardas Goldedn Reference. I am like Myles. I have to evaluate the entire system. My belief is in the end yo are listening to the speaker. If you have a large CD collection the way to go is a Music Server. Just insert your CD in the bottom of the picture screen. It will upload you CD in a matter of minutes. You can listen to another music selection while you do this. You can also download Hi rez from the internet. Steve you could trade your PD for this. The Sooloos called no attention to itself.
The Sasha was the same color as Steves Wislon. I think. Steve knows the speaker color changes according to the available light. Nearfield listening puts a damper on imaging. I am sure in a big room the Sasha will throw a deep soundstage.Vertical imaging was excellent.
SS is boring to me. The Boukder was everything you would expect. Powerful, smooth and nice. Vocals were vg. Bass was excellent. Highs were smooth and extended. Everything you would expect from a system bucking up against $100k. Oh BTW before turning on the Sooloos I listened to the Meridian CD player. Every bit as good as the Sooloos.
You would think that a company as good as Wilson did not have much room for improvement. IMO they have recently made huge steps froward. The first step to improvement is to admit you're not perfect. Did you hear that digittalfiles?
Okay nowforthe hard part.
What's better?$50k NOLA Baby Grand Reference. Magico Q5, WIlson SAHSA? ($27k)Yikes! Whoda thunk there would be such hot competition in that hot price category. Becasue the NOLA is open baffle you'd think that would be my choice. The Wilson has no obvious box colrations. The Magico does, but they is nothing to get upset about. Why don't I save my opinion until I hear the NOLA in person.:p

Last edited:

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I am not a box speaker fan, WIlson fan or ss fan. (Ok Steve's Wilson Alexandria is of course in a class by itself.). The Wilson Sasha was in a room that makes nearfield listening a must. JS Audio Bethesda, MD. System-Meridan Sooloos-Boulder amp and preamp and the Wilson Sahsa. Not sure about the cables, Appeared to be the Cardas Goldedn Reference. I am like Myles. I have to evaluate the entire system. My belief is in the end yo are listening to the speaker. If you have a large CD collection the way to go is a Music Server. Just insert your CD in the bottom of the picture screen. It will upload you CD in a matter of minutes. You can listen to another music selection while you do this. You can also download Hi rez from the internet. Steve you could trade your PD for this. The Sooloos called no attention to itself.
The Sasha was the same color as Steves Wislon. I think. Steve knows the speaker color changes according to the available light. Nearfield listening puts a damper on imaging. I am sure in a big room the Sasha will throw a deep soundstage.Vertical imaging was excellent.
SS is boring to me. The Boukder was everything you would expect. Powerful, smooth and nice. Vocals were vg. Bass was excellent. Highs were smooth and extended. Everything you would expect from a system bucking up against $100k. Oh BTW before turning on the Sooloos I listened to the Meridian CD player. Every bit as good as the Sooloos.
You would think that a company as good as Wilson did not have much room for improvement. IMO they have recently made huge steps froward. The first step to improvement is to admit you're not perfect. Did you hear that digittalfiles?
Okay nowforthe hard part.
What's better?$50k NOLA Baby Grand Reference. Magico Q5, WIlson SAHSA? Yikes! Whoda thunk there would be such hot competition in that hot price category. Becasue the NOLA is open baffle you'd think that would be my choice. The Wilson has no obvious box colrations. The Magico does, but they is nothing to get upset about. Why don't I save my opinion until I hear the NOLA in person.:p

Or as the late great John Wooden said, "It's what you learn after you know it all that matters the most."

Some other speakers worthy of consideration: Granadas/Evolution/Venture/CLXs/Vandersteen 7s.

Kinda makes the MG20.1 seem like a bargain :)

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Did the Sooloos hve their new MS600 low jitter clock hooked up with the system?

My guess is no. I'll get that answer on my next visit.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing